Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Jockey wheels – using 10sp in 11sp mech ok?
  • baldman
    Free Member

Hi, can I use 10sp jockey wheels in and 11sp mech or are they thicker so won’t fit in the chain/mech properly?

Seem to remember 9-10 were compatible but not sure on 10-11.

Other than shipping some from Germany for close to the price of a new mech can’t find 11 speed ones anywhere (UK). Seems a waste to bin a mech just because the jockey wheels are shot.

5800 105 11 sp mech (medium cage) if that is important. Any recommendations appreciated.

Cheers

Neb

Don’t superstar components and uberbike sell 11sp narrow wide jockey wheels?

simondbarnes

I’ve not tried 10spd ones in an 11spd mech. If your LBS doesn’t have the correct ones in stock they can get them next day from Madison. Part # Y5YE98090 for the medium cage 5800 mech.

baldman
    Free Member

Ah, cheers Simon – my LBS is Evans but I couldn’t find them on website so I’ll pop in tomorrow on way home to ask if they can order some.

aP
    Free Member

Herself has been using 10spd chainrings in a 11spd set up since 2011. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

onandon
    Free Member

It makes no difference. You can use whatever jockey wheels you like. I’ve been using 10t wheels on an 11speed for ages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Jockey wheels – using 10sp in 11sp mech ok?’ is closed to new replies.