Jockey wheel bearing on Specailized Enduro

Home Forum Bike Forum Jockey wheel bearing on Specailized Enduro

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Jockey wheel bearing on Specailized Enduro
  • beano68

Has seized up after 4 months from new ? anyone else had this problem ? worst thing is as the bike was bought from cycle surgery so they now have to send the part back to Specailized and told I won’t get the bike back for up to 2 weeks !

**** useless …

robbo

Oh come on. Just fit a new jockey wheel to the mech. It’s just the mech with the problem not the bike. Nothing to do with Specialized. Two weeks!

PeterPoddy

Odds on that’s a SRAM mech..?
    If so – They all do that, sir.
    Take it out, lots of GT85 to get it going again and refit. 10 minute job.
    It’ll last a while, but it’ll need replacing soon.

PeterPoddy

Oh, also, it won’t be Specialized that are warranting the part. It’ll be Fishers, the SRAM distributer.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Buy some replacement jockey wheels and keep the warranty replacement in the spares box.

Sui

You’re sending a bike In for warranty for a Jockey wheel? Have I missed something?

andyl

You’re sending a bike In for warranty for a Jockey wheel?

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/sram-ceramic-jockey-wheels.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA-5-kBRDylPG5096R8mASJABqEdm4oskryfFPeLzrEoRia2QsXytUdKuQbGTseO4d647EahoCgFbw_wcB

😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

still needs more…

😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯 😯

£135 SRP for 2 jockey wheels. I would love to have been a fly on the wall with a fly sized go pro at the meeting when they decided to charge that for jockey wheels. It’s criminal.

edit: I agree it’s madness and it might not be those but was pointing out that pushing for a warranty repair might not be as silly as it sounds with the price of some jockey wheels these days.

Personally I would fit a couple of £10 ones and use them when riding and keep the expensive ones in the box.

Sui

Kin hell. Can’t you just put some tacx ones on and send the Jockey wheel off instead of whole bike?

orangeboy

Mostly they will work after a good clean out , just one of those fun things about SRAM mechs and the winter , well saying that my hope ones did the same after there first wet ride but have been fine for the last year after that first little bit of tlc

AlasdairMc

Plusgas will get anything seized unseized.

ricky1

Right….I was going to pull the OP up and ask why he was sending a bike back to specialized with a jokey wheel problem,then I though no surely your missing something and the OP has his words muddled up and really means his frame bearings,there will be a few laughs in the specialized brew cabin,hope you get it sorted.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Jockey wheel bearing on Specailized Enduro’ is closed to new replies.