Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • joblesstrackworld, welcome back
  • juan
    Free Member

Et voila, my trial period won’t be re-conducted. Apparently I am technically not good enough to understand the subtleties of release management. Although my manager says I’ll need 6 month to be fully operational, the trial as been ended by the head of agency after one month. I feel very shit, almost wishing a truck hit me on my commute back yesterday. Now I have until the end of the month. I think I have never felt so shite and so desperate.

althepal

Jeezo, sounds shit. But you must have a decent enough set Of skills to get it in the first place . What’s release management btw? You’ve got a month to try and get something sorted out.. I know it’s a pisser cos ive done it before too but you know the drill.. Cvs out to as many folk as poss, knock on every door you can, maybe domeone on here can give you some more appropriate advice!
    Fingers crossed for you, take it easy.

Coyote
    Free Member

Juan,really, really sorry to hear that. I’d back up what al says in that you must have the relevant skill set to get your foot through the door so take some heart from this. Is this release management in an IT environment? If so it may be worth trying to get some ITIL training.

Good luck and get that CV through every orifice (virtual and physical) that you can. Feel free to email if you want to discuss further.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Have a hug fella.

nickf
    Free Member

No fun at all; you have my commiserations. Little I can offer other than my hope you can get sorted soon.

binners

Really sorry to hear that. Chin up though fella! I’ve been there myself recently. Its bloody hard.

Its a cliche to say it but something will come up if you keep trying. I know how hard and dispiriting it is to be applying for everything, sending out countless CV’s etc. I was severely depressed with it all, but then when I was at my lowest ebb something great came out of the blue. Always happens when you least expect it. I’m sure that’ll be the case with you.

Try not to feel bad. Don’t consider it a failure. It isn’t. Just didn’t work out, is all. Soon you’ll be in a perfect job and a lot happier. Trust me 🙂

If you want to have a chat with someone who fully understands where you are, then my email is in my profile. I’m sending you some positive vibes

juan
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, you guys sure know how to bring tears to someone’s eyes.

nasher
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Juan, I was hoping things were on the up for you.

I will be needing some help this season so if you are still on a loose end give me a call.

BTW I have your Kona..

juan
    Free Member

I adrian, thanks for that. Just let me know when you will need help. I’ll pm you on facebook regarding the bike.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Would you like to get an ice-cream van with me? go halves? I’ve no job in 7 weeks and started to breathe a bit shallower and panic quite regularly…..

Get your head down apply for everything with an open mind to trying something new and if that fails you can put the sprinkles on my 99s…

…..er that sounded a bit wrong cover your ears Binners x

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

You have my sympathies. Was in a very similar situation and know how it feels commuting back from the last day of a job you can’t afford to lose.

I ended up going back in to academia, though its far from ideal money wise, at least its better than nothing!

I wouldn’t take any of this stuff personally, its a crap job market at the moment, and lots of companies are struggling. I’d had several interviews cancelled hours before hand due to headcount cuts or uncertainties etc.

mugsys_m8

Salut Juan.

N’inquet pas mon ami.
    La merde comme ca est toujours pour un bon raison dans la chemin de ta vie.Utilise le chance, et utilise le force!

Bon chance.

Dan

njee20
    Free Member

utilise le force!

Not sure this is the time for Star Wars!

Chin up Juan, I’ve been there, things worked out for the better in the long run.

gary

Bugger – sorry to hear that mate! It had sounded like things were on the up 🙁 Hope something turns up nice and soon.

tootallpaul

Bad news Juan. Hope it turns around soon.

6 months for me now in Joblesstrackworld, and not a nibble. Its hard when your applying for stuff every day, and you never hear a thing back.

Any how, I’ve got some voluntary work for a cycle group starting next week, and the potential for some training as a bike mechanic. Something to contemplate…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘joblesstrackworld, welcome back’ is closed to new replies.