• This topic has 106 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Job interview tomorrow…
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Great news mBoy – what is the role?

Cletus

Well done – now please describe exactly what you wore for both interviews 😉

stevied
    Free Member

Congrats 🙂

willard

Sweeet! Nice result there, makes a good, positive start to the week.

As above, suit both times, or did you go with the golf cardigan and sandals?

mashr

I’m trying to work out who he’s going to be repping for. Regardless, it’s mates rates for everyone here now!

Well done!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Top work Mboy, well done.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Been waiting for the conclusion of this thread, is that a bit sad? Congratulations, and as above what is the job and what was the secret attire that stile the show?

jamj1974

Well done!!!

nealglover
    Free Member

Nice work 👍
    Congratulations 🍾

Philby

Well done and congratulations 😊 What’s the job (and will you have to wear a suit??)

rickmeister

Bish bash bosh.. get in.
    Well done, congratulations.

mboy
    Free Member

Thanks all again for the positive words.

Will announce the role forthwith, but as I suspected, at least one of the other two candidates I knew very well already and out of respect to them, I’m keeping quiet just for now.

As for attire, was just chinos/shirt/jumper, which obviously worked well enough, though I think/hope it was more to do with my personality than my attire!

And no, I won’t have to wear a suit… In fact, quite the opposite! Jeans and trainers will be ok I’m assured…

My first role apparently is to choose my company vehicle, as they don’t have anything for me to inherit, and I’ll need one almost immediately! So I’ve been told to go and test drive a few before I start in 2 weeks, so I know what I want when I start! Never have I had such a 1st world problem before in my life!!!

dazh

He said when interviewing if possible try to flip the tables so you become the one who leads the interview.

This. I always go into interviews with the attitude that I’m interviewing them. Had one two weeks ago, as soon as they started on the description of the role I started asking questions I’d prepared in advance. I got 15 minutes in before they asked me a question, and they even remarked on the fact and complemented me on it. Still waiting to hear if I’ve got it, so probably didn’t work this time but it has in the past.

iomnigel
    Free Member

Great news, congratulations. Brilliant thread.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Well done mBoy. Congrats.

Cant wait to hear what the job is.

oldtennisshoes

NC500 in a TT convertible with decent weather, then new job and gets to choose another new ride. Life is good! Well done.

mboy
    Free Member

NC500 in a TT convertible with decent weather, then new job and gets to choose another new ride. Life is good! Well done.

Just need England to destroy SA in the RWC final on Saturday now, and life will be complete!

Drac

Excellent! Well done mboy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Congrats, well done.

sc-xc

Well done mboy – fantastic news

mboy
    Free Member

Well, before I start they’ve asked me to go in tomorrow to meet some of the team prior to my official start next Monday, so off to meet Dan, Ron, Mary, Nic, Ralph, Fred and all the rest of the gang I shall be working with for the forseeable tomorrow!

Wish me luck… 😉

Tracey

Sounds like you going to be tyred, good luck.

jca

Will you be meeting Eddie, Ray and Burt as well?

mboy
    Free Member

I imagine so jca… 😉

thepurist

Sounds like you’re going to be the pro one of the team there.

rOcKeTdOg

that Hans never turns up, jack of all trades my arse! 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Well my signature tyre, the “ferocious fanny”, may have to wait a little while longer, but overall I’ve been invited back to start properly next week, so all good so far! 😂

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Job interview tomorrow…’ is closed to new replies.