Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Job agencies?
  • pip001
    Free Member

hi.my wife and i are looking to take a step back from full time employment next year and take some time out to travel for odd months at a time.my question is do the job agencies still exist
    in that you can pick up work as and when you need to.Im not bothered what i do within reason but would need to pick up a couple of days a week to pay the bills.years ago they could place you daily but does this still exist? or are there other jobs you can do on a casual basis.
    any help would be appreciated.

lunge

Yeah, they exist in a way. It’ll most likely be warehouse work, maybe some agricultural.
    I know one place who does this based in Bicester but there’s loads of them around.

doomanic

Agency working is still a thing but I don’t know how interested they’ll be in folks looking for a couple of days work here and there given their books are full of people looking for long term work.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheDTs
    Free Member

Depends where you are, I expect. Bristol (Avonmouth) you could probably start tomorrow with an agency driving or warehouse job. Loads of Amazon drivers using hire vans, all the big warehouses need people and are competing for them.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As above drivers are desperately needed. And labouring staff on site, sometimes we just need a hand for a couple of days. Just sign up to loads of them and tell them your skills.

pip001
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.i may be able to do a week at a time as well as odd days.just need the ability to take time off as and when.i had thought about maybe doing the class 2 licence before hand?

TheDTs
    Free Member

Class 2 would definitely be a bonus in our area. Some of our customers are in transport and they universally struggle for reliable drivers. Some Delivery companies have made the change from 18t trucks to multiple smaller box vans as it is easier to find drivers.

alric
    Free Member

loads of agencies here (milton keynes)but low wages as its mostly immigrant labour, you may well be the only english speaker, unless you have proper skills.
    Hirem firem polish agencies , if yr not fast enough they wont keep you on
    registering in office takes an hour or so, better to register with as many as possible online.
    fork lift helps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Job agencies?’ is closed to new replies.