Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Jimmy Saville
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Anyone want to start?

Dobbo

Is he dead?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I hope he is not dead. Strange guy when interviewed, but seems full of good intentions and did loads for charity and suchlike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Thought that might happen – no, sorry, you can take them dancing shoes off RIGHT NOW.
    Just wondering what anybody else thought about this 'national treasure'.

Harry_the_Spider

If he's dead I get a point!

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

I once wrote to him as a kid…

Dear Jim,

Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please can you fix it for me to get my stammer cured.

Dobbo

Now then, now then, now then, Jingle Jangle Jingle Jangle, Arhrhrhr arhrhrrh.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Midnighthour – forget the charity stuff, see if you can find anything on the net regarding what he did for certain members of the Ted Heath government. I'm saying nowt, I understand he has excellent legal backing.

Harry_the_Spider

I would also get points for Thatcher, Ariel Sharon, Phil Collins and Caroline Quentin.

cbike
    Free Member

does he still have the Cottage in Glen Coe?

RustySpanner

My Mate's mum went out with him for a bit about 9 months before my mate was born.

No, he doesn't look much like him, but the voice is identical. He doesn't mention it much.

Edit, think he's coming to HTN 2.5, so you can make your own minds up.
    DON'T tell him I said owt, ok?

BlingBling
    Free Member

Invented "zero tolerance".

Raised £40,000,000 for charity.

Honours
    In 1971 he was awarded the OBE, which he always subsequently appended to his signature.
    Awarded honorary Commando Green Beret by the Royal Marines.
    In 1990 he was knighted for his services in the Queen's Birthday Honours List. The same year he was honoured
    with a papal knighthood from the Vatican making him a Knight Commander of Saint Gregory the Great (KCSG).
    He holds an honorary doctorate of law (LLD) from Leeds University.
    He is an Honorary fellow of the Royal College of Radiology (FRCR).
    He is a Knight of Malta and an Esteemed Friend of Israel.
    He is a Freeman of the Borough of Scarborough

*wiki

Junkyard
    Free Member

shawaddywaddy

Dobbo

Just wondering what anybody else thought about this 'national treasure'.

He's sinister in a kind, loving and caring way.

glenh
    Free Member

I once served him a pint of beer in Glencoe.
    He claimed he was Bruce Willis.

BigDummy
    Free Member

One of the United Kingdom's most recognisable personalities

I am struggling to remember who he is I'm afraid. He looks terrifying on Wiki. 🙂

Dobbo

Jingle Jangle

With bad language.

wwaswas

he did a very wierd interview on 'In the Psychiatrists Chair' on Radio 4 a while back.

really, really odd.

MrSparkle

Allegedly he was a bit of a bad 'un back in the day in Sheffields clubs iirc.
    Frankly he gives me the creeps.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

There was an excellent transcript from 'have I got news for you' after he'd been on it. I've got a feeling that it's probably been removed, and I cant remember what sight it was on, but do recall Paul Merton's comments towards him being extremely ruthless, possibly libellous, and of course p**s funny.

Harry_the_Spider

My Mate's mum went out with him for a bit about 9 months before my mate was born.

How does he look her in the eye without thinking that "Jimmy (Doctor Magic) Savile" has fumbled her?

odannyboy
    Free Member

louie therou interviewed him didnt he? he seemed to have gone all old and weird, not unlike my mother has….

ton

i like him.
    bit of a character……
    tells it like it is……….which is how it should be.

Pook

He rode in the '51 Tour of Britain.

bigsi
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    I would also get points for Thatcher, Ariel Sharon, Phil Collins and Caroline Quentin.

I didn't know the Phil Collins and Caroline Quentin were dead 😯

BigDummy
    Free Member

None of those people are dead. What game are you playing Harry? 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

They're not. But if that changes before December 31st i'm on for a points bonanza.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Harry – I've had money on him hitting the news for bloody years now, but not for dying.

higgo
    Free Member

I can't help thinking 'stuff' will come out once he's gone.

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is playing fantasy funeral league
    Our vesinons has points for strokes, fatal illnesses etc and categories.

Old people worth less points(thatcher as an example)

Young uns you just wish …Jordan for example

Might Happen … Simon Cowell in a sun bed accident

etc

ourmaninthenorth

mitch – does this have anything to do with your professional capacity (as referred to somewhat sideways in the Polanski thread)?

Is he our own, rather lower rent, Polanski?

Though he's clearly quite an athlete, I've never been convinced about some of his athletic claims.

"If you look at the athletics of it, I've done over 300 professional bike races, 212 marathons and 107 pro fights." He proudly announces that he lost 35 of his first 35 fights. "No wrestler wanted to go back home and say a long-haired disc jockey had put him down. So from start to finish I got a good hiding. I've broken every bone in my body. I loved it."

😯

donald
    Free Member

There was an excellent transcript from 'have I got news for you' after he'd been on it. I've got a feeling that it's probably been removed, and I cant remember what sight it was on, but do recall Paul Merton's comments towards him being extremely ruthless, possibly libellous, and of course p**s funny.

And of course, a hoax.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Try and google 'political rogues' and see if there's any mention of the alleged links between him and Edward Heath. Nothing that links in with my 'proffesional capacity' – even I'm not naive enough to think I could get away with that one.

BigDummy
    Free Member

does this have anything to do with your professional capacity?

Twitching with poor taste laughter at the idea of Mitch's office playing fantasy Gary Glitter in their lunch-break. 😀 😕

ourmaninthenorth

mitch – ghlad you cleared that up. I was readying myself for more hero debunking.

Twitching with poor taste laughter at the idea of Mitch's office playing fantasy Gary Glitter in their lunch-break.

Jon. You are insane. And I've now had to explain to my rather attractive (female) trainee just what I'm sniggering at…. 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

The Louis Theroux interview was interesting, but so frustrating. Towards the end of the programme, he (Louis) began skirting around the one question that had you thinking 'here we go', but it was very quickly dismissed by Jimmy as 'just rumours'. I've just realised that I probably am the 'paedo-finder general' as someone referred to me as on the polanski thread. Note to self, learn to 'switch off' now and again.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Can we talk about mountain bikes or something now? Then again, that Cannondale over there seems to be spending an awful long time outside the local play group, dont you think?

Harry_the_Spider

The Louis Theroux interview was interesting, but so frustrating. Towards the end of the programme, he (Louis) began skirting around the one question that had you thinking 'here we go', but it was very quickly dismissed by Jimmy as 'just rumours'.

It would have been great TV. Louis Theroux getting battered in the back of a VW camper van by an enraged and walking stick toting Jimmy Savile with a cast on his leg, gold jumpsuit and bobble hat.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"Twitching with poor taste laughter at the idea of Mitch's office playing fantasy Gary Glitter in their lunch-break".
    How very dare you! My colleagues and I are far too professional to cast aspersions or listen to scurrilous rumours about celebrities.

cranberry
    Free Member

My colleagues and I are far too professional to cast aspersions or listen to scurrilous rumours about celebrities.

The I probably shouldn't point out that Gordon Brown seems to take every opportunity he can to visit primary schools and have his photo taken with innocent children.

Actually, a quick investigation for kiddie fiddling might be the high point of his week ( it couldn't make it much worse ).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Jimmy Saville’ is closed to new replies.