Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Jill Douglas..pathetic
  • dabble
    Free Member

they’re alright at the snooker

donsimon
    Free Member

Sport in general has been getting worse on the beeb, and its usually the one thing you can count on, what they didto F1 was very poor asthey had started to build a very good team abd program. Even the Golf coverage is loosing it when tht goes you know there is a problem.

Agreed, I think it is simply a question of paying attention to the details which, in turn, will improve credibility and quality.

munkster
    Free Member

Who did Cav make that comment “do you know anything about cycling” to?

David Bond, BBC Sports Editor

rOcKeTdOg

my ideal post race interview would have gone

-Vino, “a great win from someone in the twilight of their career, any worries about passing a dope test this time? should we delay the medal ceremony until after or are you confident the right masking agents have been bought and paid for?”

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Just read Bonds blog…wow. Come on Mr Bond, reply to some of the criticism…thread title should be edited
    Jill Douglas & David Bond….pathetic

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Rocketdog, when do you start at the beeb 😀

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I gave up on it when they started featuring Suzy Perry’s moustache so prominently on motogp.

As opposed to Jenny Guy, or The Unwatchable Jenny Guy, as she was christened by Bike magazine. Watching her was real toe-curling car-crash stuff, can’t believe the Beeb have kept her employed (doing F1 on 5Live).

Huw Porter’s commentary was blood boiling, their radio commentary on the whole is better even though its more difficult (have to paint a picture without just stating bland facts). Gary Lineker asked Lizzie A if she was going to replay Emma Pooley in the time trial, though to be fair you could hear in his voice he’d realised half way through it was a stupid question and tried to recover.

Clare Balding is like Jake Humphreys; regardless of their knowledge of a particular sport at least they are capable of stringing coherent, even literate, sentences together which is a start.

-Vino, “a great win from someone in the twilight of their career, any worries about passing a dope test this time? should we delay the medal ceremony until after or are you confident the right masking agents have been bought and paid for?”

“how much did you pay Uran to throw the sprint?”

cynic-al
    Free Member

Vino is as far as we know, clean…if gets tested like all pros yes?

Give it up please, whiners.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The BBC RR coverage comes via the “Olympics” TV feed. A dutch company apparently. I agree with the above, terrible coverage, particularly after the TDF coverage and I presume that the british guys were struggling to get time gaps as much as anyone else?

A lot of the cameras and desks, etc, came from a company with it’s offices in Britain, the stupidest bit is they can’t tell anyone that it’s their kit being used at the biggest sporting event in the world because Panasonic paid for the privelage of having their name next to the olympic logo! Do panasonic even make professional broadcast kit? Not quite as bad as the football which is sponsored by Sony (who do have profesional kit) despite it being filmed and edited on a competitors equipment!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Jill Douglas..pathetic’ is closed to new replies.