Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jigsaws (dull old man content)
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve become a proper old fart and got into jigsaws, 1000 piece Gibson puzzles are my choice. Just completed this one. Am I alone or does STW harbour similarly dull old farts?

jigsaw

jimdubleyou

I was hoping for a discussion on the benefits of DeWalt over Makita.

Is disappoint…

nickjb
    Free Member

We always have one on the go at Christmas. Occasionally at other times of the year. Better that sitting in front of the tele and switching your brain off.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@Mister P – we completed the very same one over Christmas – not for the first time… although we only found the missing piece 1/1000 after all the Christmas Decs and the jigsaw had been put away again.

You might want to invest in one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Puzzle-jigsaw-3000pcs-storage/dp/B00BURFNV8

People may deride you but it’s funny how all visitors to my house can’t resist have a wee go at it when its on the table..

Kahurangi

My mum loves a good jigswaw and we get one out at the in-laws for Christmas. Everyone loves a play and adding to it. Great harmless and inclusive fun.

bentandbroken

We went away for Christmas with the inlays and my mum and my wife bought a puzzle to take with us.

It was a Murder Mystery puzzle (there are lots available) and was a hit with everyone (13 to 77 years old). Everyone just popped in to the room where it was and had a go every now and then. Sometimes you were on your own, sometimes it was ‘all hands on deck’

If you have the space (or one of those carriers) I would really rate it as a Christmas activity to span generations 🙂

bentandbroken

PS – I was very sceptical when it was produced, but it got 5 stars from me as you can probably gather

bruneep

Mr b does jigsaws on her ipad, rather annoying as I can’t hide a piece to claim victory in completing it.

CHB

Disappointed. Was looking forward to glibly giving a Makita fan boye comment.

single07
    Free Member

me too. has to be a body grip type tho…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jigsaws (dull old man content)’ is closed to new replies.