Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Jesus H – Gibson SG's are LOUD!!!
  • clareymorris

I think our neighbours may want to move out now!!!

clareymorris

Sorry wrong forum, not really able to think straight!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is that the name of a bike?

big-chief-96
    Free Member

what is the difference in sound between les pauls and the sg's. iv always wondered weather the sg's are more rythmy or what?

sorry for the spelling, its not my fortay…

clareymorris

I would say SG's are more "metal"………..maybe not as subtle as the Les Pauls. That's just my opinion, others may disagree!

rOcKeTdOg

amps are loud, elec guitars are quite quiet, i wish i lived next door, i'd want a go though!

Northwind

I miss my SG 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

SGs tend to have a brighter tone than LPs, however there's very little in it and since there's a huge variety in available models for each one then i'd say the only real difference is aesthetic (having had more than one of each). You can vary tone with FX and amplification so much these days that it really hardly matters which one you choose, sound-wise. unless you intend playing it straight into an old Marshall valve amp (JMP, plexi, JCM800), in which case the Les Paul would sound less "metal", yes. but only slightly.

personally, i prefer SGs as they're thinner and lighter than Les Pauls.

bullheart
    Free Member

The guitar of kings.

stoney
    Free Member

I wondered what the noise was 😉

dans160
    Free Member

Angus! Angus!

Big argument between Me and the Mrs. First born son, Me: Angus, Her: Zak after the lead from RATM.

I have a Les Paul and they're a heavy. Just sold an Ibanaz Jem 77 FP to help pay for the current bike. I miss that one.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Dont forget theres an ON and OFF switch!… But turn the volume down first 😉

rOcKeTdOg

on an SG? maybe a volume, but on off? dunny think so, one on the amp certainly

stoney
    Free Member

Hey Gav, did you hear it as well 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Jesus H – Gibson SG's are LOUD!!!’ is closed to new replies.