Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Jesus H Christ – (Bus Driver Content)
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Was on a bus earlier today. Bus driver started reading his paper as he was sitting at the lights and only put it away at the next bus stop. What would you do in that situation?

He got very aggressive when I suggested that he probably shouldnt be reading his paper when he’s driving.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Camera phone, police – then bus company if necessary… or would that be considered covert survaillance (sic), or some other such infringement of his human rights to read a paper whilst driving?

argyle
    Free Member

the same i’d do about someone sat at work on stw i guess…

muckytee
    Free Member

Shrug my shoulders and think about how I should get round to passing my driving test sometime and finally stop using what is an unreliable, overpriced mess of a PT network.

spooky_b329

film it. send it to bus company.

I drove round a one way system in brighton recently whilst the bus driver in the next lane was texting.

racefaceec90

(2.45 in) [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozjN_bmfI5c[/video] 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Bus has CCTV. Bus company are going to check the footage and pursue it.

mustard
    Free Member

Email to LRT should sort it, doubt First would GAF though…

project
    Free Member

If it was a Stagecoach bus, they will take the matter seriously, report him, time date and bus route.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or do like in my case when a bus almost ran me off the road when riding ‘because I was holding him up’ – don’t even bother to respond to the letter personally addressed to the Chairman of the company.

Spoke to a friend about it (who co-incidentally owns a rival bus company and who gave me the contact details) and he says that the ‘**** everyone’ mentality runs through most bus organisations so it *may* not always help if the people in charge of these companies don’t really care anyway.

Lifer
    Free Member

muckytee – Member
    Shrug my shoulders and think about how I should get round to passing my driving test sometime and finally stop using what is an unreliable, overpriced mess of a PT network.

I find the buses round here to be very reasonably priced and efficient.

(Driver for 10 years before I realised I didn’t actually need a car.)

project
    Free Member

You should have sent it recorded delivery, abnd followed up with a phone call, if it was that serious call the police in .

binners

Don’t be grassing drivers up! You’ll make him angry!

Then we’ll all incur his wrath! EEK!!!

Lifer
    Free Member

And he’ll get ‘Teh Brudders’ after you, whoever that is.

muckytee
    Free Member

Where is that, out of interest? oh and what is the main company.

Rubbish at my end round Braford/Leeds/Huddersfield, one bus an hour on my street, and most other services I use tend to have the same infrequency, coming on time is also great achievement.

Fares have been put up again aswell £2:80 to get into Leeds

scaled
    Free Member
    project
    Free Member

£2.80 to get to leeds, but how much is parking and the cost of a vehicle.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

the cost of a vehicle

But you don’t buy a car to make one £2.80 bus journey.

In a thread recently I exampled how (in my experience) bus/train journeys often cost more than the average running cost of an average car.

muckytee
    Free Member

mmm, fair point add in road tax, insurance, fuel and vehicle maintenance. But the amount of time wasted and the fact you still need a car for plenty of other things…?

kaesae
    Free Member

Had a company’s van park outside today and block in another company’s van, even though one van had the engine running and was about to reverse.

The guy in the second van couldn’t hear the engine because he was listening to an MP3.

There are a lot of bad drivers about!

chewkw
    Free Member

Zombie shotgun! Don’t leave home without it!

oxym0r0n

They’ll probably do as much as they did when I emailed this picture to the bus company of a bus driving out of a “no entry” road. It drove forward, reversed onto the path and then drove across 2 lanes of traffic…

Bus – no through road by oxym0r0n, on Flickr

(I didn’t even get a reply BTW)

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Inform the Police, driving without due care and attention!

chewkw
    Free Member

What’s the union going to do about this?

andywoods
    Free Member

think youll find all buses have an individual id tag on back give this no to the bus company and they can tell who was driving, i would definitely do something about, driving without due care and attention at least

duntmatter
    Free Member

or would that be considered covert survaillance (sic), or some other such infringement of his human rights

The right to privacy doesn’t cover this.
    Covert surveillance is not a de facto breach of a person’s rights.
    Someone with a camera is not the State.
    It would not be covert.
    etc

So no, it couldn’t be a breach of teh yoomin rites.

muckytee
    Free Member

all buses have an individual id tag on back give this no to the bus company

Yep usually just a number like 37448 or 452 (depending on the company), this number will be on the ticket as well, as the driver number, time and route number.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Copy your complaint to the bus company to the relevant Traffic Commisioner.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/topics/tpm/traffic-commissioners/

rossi46
    Free Member

What would you do in that situation?

I’d take his paper and shove where the sun dont shine.

Or suggest kindly:

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d go to the cops….£5 says LRT will not give satisfaction.

chewkw
    Free Member

If the management can’t be arsed to deal with rouge drivers for fear of union revoke then why not inform the union to see if they would step in to deal with these drivers? Otherwise, what’s the point of union demanding higher salary and strikes while not even honest enough to deal with rouge drivers? Are they holding public to ransom?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lothian have a decent record for dealing with idiot bus drivers. Unions will defend and represent their members of course – everyone is entitle to a defense – you get one in court after all.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What would you do in that situation?

It depends what newspaper he was reading.

rossi46
    Free Member

It depends what newspaper he was reading.

The Sun. Has to be. Bus drivers are like white van men….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No mercy then.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Think it might have been the Daily Mail, could have been the Metro though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Think it might have been the Daily Mail

SHOP HIM

rossi46
    Free Member

Daily Mail

Heathen……

tthew

Bus drivers are like white van men….

Do you mind, my paper of choice is the Independent, or ‘I’ if it’s a short journey. 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Lothian have a decent record for dealing with idiot bus drivers. Unions will defend and represent their members of course – everyone is entitle to a defense – you get one in court after all.

If there is evidence to support that the drivers are at fault then I don’t see any reasons to defend etc, just deal with it internally and swiftly according to company rules. Yes, they can have someone to witness the proceedings but that’s all. What is there to argue when they are blatantly wrong.

If union cannot distinguish the wrong then there is no more hope … we are all doomed.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Jesus H Christ – (Bus Driver Content)’ is closed to new replies.