Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • jerseys – road (and mountain..)
  • faz083
    Free Member

Why are these so expensive? The same applies for bib shorts too. I’m looking at semi-branded ones (so not altura, endura, plain colours etc.) – something with at least a basic design so you look “rad” when you ride past ( 😉 ), and they’re all £65+.

Two jerseys will set me back over £130…

That’s silly money?

Can anyone recommend a shop or brand which are decent(ish), about £50 max for a jersey, and actually look quite fashionable and decent? Stuff like the velominati kit is what I would class as fashionable, but that’s far from cheap too.

Merak

Im selling these;

£27 posted each.

Genuine and immaculate. 🙂

scotroutes

Decathlon

LMT
    Free Member

Road biking, i picked up some team gb football tops towards the end of the london 2012, a base layer underneath they do the job perfectly. On the trails, wiggle had last years Altura tops in the sales at christmas so picked up 3. Thats enough for tis year.

I’ve got a lot of Tenn stuff.
    Decent jerseys and shorts for under £20
    I commute in it and it’s lasting me well.

matthew_h
    Free Member

torm.cc is worth a look

StefMcDef
    Free Member

check out the outlet section of alwaysriding.co.uk.

Some nice stuff at realistic prices, although the extremes of the size range are better catered to than Mr or Mrs Average.

This year’s gear is generally, like you say, stupidly expensive for what it is.

Also Torm is quite nice stuff – Rapha-esque without the price tag.

lunge

Decathlon is my default option. For the road. Wear their road jerseys (£20 ish each), for off road I just wear their base layers. But then I would struggle to be less rad if I tried.

portlyone

Decathlon is great to commute but the quality tells after a few miles

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I found a retro shop near Carnaby St London and it had some gems of old roadie tops 🙂

edhornby

planet x jerseys

bibshorts from prendas, don’t skimp on bibs

bigblackshed

Dare2Be.

T-Shirts on the MTB for me. Fat bloke in Lycra is not a good look.

househusband

Can anyone recommend a shop or brand which are decent(ish), about £50 max for a jersey, and actually look quite fashionable and decent?

I’ve got three Krank Dirtwear riding tops and of all the makes I’ve had they’ve been the best in terms of fit and quality. Made in NZ, and better than Ground Control kit I’ve had.

epicyclo

I didn’t realise you had to actually PAY for all those brand laden jerseys.

I thought they were free in return for being a mobile billboard or worn by professional riders wearing their sponsors colours.

Now I’m curious – why advertise for free?

At least it explains why I was seeing what I thought was a lot of middleaged portly athletes.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Most roadies wear club kit (not team kit, big difference)
    All that sky stuff is for nodders.

TiRed

Thanks. I like to ride my club kit, which is cheaper than a lot of what’s out there. I also buy Pearl Izumi when reduced in my local shops. And last week I commuted in my (rainforest green) Sky kit, signed by Sir Dave himself.

Shorts and jersey MUST match if wearing team kit. It’s the rules.

Sport Pursuit had a lot of reduced Pearl Izumi last week. Sale is still on, I think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I didn’t realise you had to actually PAY for all those brand laden jerseys.

I thought they were free in return for being a mobile billboard or worn by professional riders wearing their sponsors colours.

Now I’m curious – why advertise for free?
    Out here in Tassie (well Launceston) the local shops get hounded if they don’t do Shop Kit for people to buy.Very strange how people pay to wander round looking like that, and why any self respecting shop/local business would want to be associated with some of them.

As for nice kit
    http://www.elevengear.com/roadwear.html These guys look good for visable/different stuff
    http://www.ymxbyyellowman.com/ Keep an eye here if they bring back the mens line – comfy SPF stuff too – Missus is an ambassador for them though so my latest kit was free)
    After that sale rail or just get some, my “expensive” jerseys are still going fine 4-6 years in down to p/ride now so definatley worth it

faz083
    Free Member

thanks for the responses. I’ll check it all out. And yes I quite agree – Full Sky Kit is not good. Someone told me they saw “team sky” riding along Brighton pavilion last week. I may be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but I had to just smile and nod, safe in the knowledge that a group of 10 middles aged portly gentleman in Sky kit does not result in “team sky” 😉

And yes club kit would be good – if I belonged to one. That brings us onto a whole other topic… my impression of a cycle club – “club of middle aged portly men”. Am I wrong?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I sort of belong to a group of mates one who got their own kit done, it’s fairly easy. Just need enough of you.

The mountain bike club here see’s its purpose to organise races, and has only just really started social riding. The one I joined was more about fun. To do any event here MTBA membership is required or pay a huge day member fee. So I joined and put my $10 to the fun guys.

rOcKeTdOg

ohh my.. by mullerton, on Flickr

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘jerseys – road (and mountain..)’ is closed to new replies.