Jerseys: Are CRC likely to "lose" my credit card details still?

Home Forum Bike Forum Jerseys: Are CRC likely to "lose" my credit card details still?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jerseys: Are CRC likely to "lose" my credit card details still?
  • You can use PayPal at crc now if you are worried

joeydeacon

Pay via Paypal and they don’t even see your credit card details so no worries whatsoever.

Edit ^ what he said!

butcher

If you’re worried, just use PayPal. That way CRC don’t touch your card details. That’s what I do.

Edit: yeah, what they said 😉

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

hundreds of people a day are still being ripped off, have you not seen all the threads?

you could use paypal (don’t need to open an account with them) if you’re *really* worried.

you know somethign similar happened at Wiggle a while back, don’t you. They just waved lawyers at all the forums until all the posts were deleted, though.

_tom_

I always use paypal since the credit card issues with CRC, no problems yet.

Funny, I’ve always used Paypal with Wiggle, as they’re the site I remember having issues with this kind of thing. And always credit card with CRC.

willard

My brother in law has a birthday coming up and I was tempted by the range of road jerseys for sale by CRC. Normally I would buy from Wiggle, but the selection seems to be better on CRC. The only thing that worries me is their track record of losing credit card data and having random other amounts deducted by third parties.

Have they fixed this properly yet, or should I go somewhere else?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Industry perspective- an awful lot of companies have security holes. If CRC had an average number of potential exploits before, now they have one less than average 😉 And if they did a full paranoid review after the last mess, then they’re probably fairly sound.

A lot of people reckon that paying CRC with paypal slows the orders slightly. Not entirely convinced of that

thepodge

Less than 0.5% of their daily orders were affected

Odds are you’re safe

Premier Icon ads678
    Subscriber

Paypal with CRC hasn’t slowed down any of my recent orders. All delivered within 3 days of the order, mostly next day or day after though with free delivery.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jerseys: Are CRC likely to "lose" my credit card details still?’ is closed to new replies.