Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Jeremy Kyle!
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

I think I’ve watched one episode ever ..that was enough for me ..the bloke is so up his own arse as to be beyond belief..
    I hope it is taken off air never to return ..
    Amen ..

meeeee
    Free Member

ITV have said its been axed completely now

deadkenny
    Free Member

What, the whole of ITV been axed? 😄

Ah well, can hope.

nickc

It’s one of ITVs most popular shows, it’ll be replaced soon enough with somthing equally exploitative no doubt.

franksinatra

Saw something doing the rounds from Katie Hopkins which wasnt complete rubbish, along the lines of 16 series of JK and one suspected suicide vs 4 series of Love Island with 2 suspected suicides but only one of them has been cancelled.

The most horrific part of this whole JK issue is that I find myself agreeing with Katie Hopkins on something. Where is my follow up support? I feel traumatised.

franksinatra

The Jeremy Kyle show still has hundreds, possible thousands, of videos up on You Tube. About time these were deleted into the bowels of history.

fasthaggis

It’s one of ITVs most popular shows, it’ll be replaced soon enough with somthing equally exploitative no doubt.

Yup,I am sure ITV will already have something to fill the gap, maybe an X Factor/Hunger Games combo. All done with proper screening methods of course ,any successful applicants get a helpline number and counselling after the final.

binners

Like Celebrity Big Brother before it, I’m sure it’ll reappear on Channel 5 once the fuss has died down.

I bet they’re in negotiations already

jon1973
    Free Member

The Jeremy Kyle show still has hundreds, possible thousands, of videos up on You Tube. About time these were deleted into the bowels of history.

Sounds like something from 1984.

globalti
    Free Member

It really is (was) the modern equivalent to medieval bear baiting. I thought society was, on the whole, getting fairer-minded so it’s time exploitative shows like this were stopped.

edhornby

Although there seems to be a post-show counselling service, that doesn’t absolve in my book. The show has put a guy through a lie detector and then criticised in public, it’s generating the problem in the first place.

Good riddance.

downhillfast
    Free Member

Maybe they could axe Jezza, Game Of Thrones style 😅

ThePinkster

I thought society was, on the whole, getting fairer-minded

Well the UK generally seems to have been going in reverse for the last 5 years from what I can tell

Drac

Although there seems to be a post-show counselling service, that doesn’t absolve in my book. The show has put a guy through a lie detector and then criticised in public, it’s generating the problem in the first place.

Heard something on the radio today a guy who had been on the show. He claimed the ‘support’ was more a follow up for extra stories then genuine support. He reckoned after the show they were had a chat then booted out the door.

fasthaggis

This storymakes it sound like they wound a few of them up before and during the show

CountZero

“Oh, and Jeremy, don’t let the door hit you on the ass on your way out…”.
    I can honestly say I’ve never seen more than a few seconds of any JK show in all the years it’s been running, usually a trailer, or a news item. Even that’s enough to make me feel soiled.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’ve never seen the JK show, however, I don’t really see how it can be more likely to exploit/cause suicides than all the other reality TV shows. I’m sure that someone will one day kill themselves after being mocked for being dreadful on X-Factor/Voice or just failing to get a career out of it.

Presumably people who are getting paid can be exploited too: Martyn Ashton ended up paraplegic doing stunts for our entertainment.

People watch all kinds of TV I regard as crap, I can tolerate that, there’s already more TV/youtube/podcasts/radio that I regard as good than I have time to watch.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Reports claiming Jez is “devastated” by the axe… sure and to his bank balance no doubt.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Of course the massive irony is that Jeremy Kyle is the only unemployed person in the entire country who  can’t watch the Jeremy Kyle show.

Cougar

How they get away with the 97 or 98% accuracy claim on lie detector tests is beyond me, that comes from a very flawed study by the association of polygraphers or whatever they’re called and has no basis in reality. If it comes out he topped himself after a false positive result I hope they at least have to read something like “this test is a bag of shite for entertainment value and is not a conclusive as to someone’s guilt or innocence” every time they refer to the tests in the show.

You beat me to it, that’s pretty much what I was going to say.

It’s troubled me for years* that they often use lie detectors as their ‘big reveal’ after a couple of poor sods with barely more brains than teeth have been accusing each other of shagging their dog or something. The accuracy of lie detectors is questionable at best, yet on the “show” it’s judge jury and executioner. Who knows what relationships and indeed lives they’ve ruined with gay abandon over the years.

I don’t think we can assume that the latest unfortunate has topped himself specifically because of the polygraph (correlation / causation and all that) but it does seem pretty likely that it may at least have been a tipping point. In which case some very serious questions need to be asked, perhaps with a side order of some jail time.

(* – I mean, “troubled” as in “mildly irked me occasionally,” of course.)

Cougar

Reports claiming Jez is “devastated” by the axe…

Good to see he’s got his priorities right after someone’s died.

Show contents aside, that boy has a face I’d never tire of slapping.

dissonance

I don’t really see how it can be more likely to exploit/cause suicides than all the other reality TV shows.

Bit of whataboutery here. The defence of other shows exploiting people really shouldnt work.
    I do think more pressure and controls should be put on other shows as well. One of the oddities of reality tv is “big brother” did effectively start off as a televised psychology experiment but as the series went on it switched to just baiting instead.
    With that said the Kyle show does seem particularly unpleasant since it isnt going after people who just want to be famous but specifically targeting people with issues and saying it will help solve them. From the reports is done under high pressure eg once identified the show moved very quickly to get the person into a hotel and on the show the next day and also deliberately baiting the participants for “good” tv.

bikebouy
    Free Member

🤣👊👋👋👋👋

P-Jay
    Free Member

I read the claim that no one cared about the people on Love Island because it’s so popular and I wasn’t surprised. (it wasn’t that Hopkins women that said it).

My Wife LOVES Love Island, she stores them up (when it’s on) to watch when I’m out so I don’t spoil it by talking.

When I read that two contestant had died, it was sad, but I didn’t think that surprising. I’ve seen enough of Love Island to convince myself that a lot of the people who go on it, and shows like it are really desperately unhappy and frankly mentally ill. It’s easy to write them off as vain, even narcissistic a lot of them are, but a lot seem to have completely empty lives outside of superficial looks and attention (usually via the parallel universe of those corners of Social Media).

I suppose the weirdest thing is that there aren’t really any heroes in Love Island, just people to amaze in disbelieve of, it straight up hate because the producers have framed them as the baddie.

It’s not healthy for them.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I do think more pressure and controls should be put on other shows as well.

IOM TT? Boxing matches?

DezB
    Free Member

I forgot why I hate Twitter! It shoves stuff in your face you really really don’t want to see. So because that happened, I’m sharing it with you lot.. (minus the puke inducing photo)

Piers Morgan
    @piersmorgan
    · 15 May
    As everyone piles on Jeremy Kyle, I’d like to say he’s a great guy, an excellent broadcaster, and hugely popular with the vast majority of people who watched & appeared (voluntarily) on his top-rated show. So much snobbery & hypocrisy being spewed by his critics.

A word beginning with C sprang immediately to mind.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I was going to play devil’s advocate, no-one forced anyone on the show etc, but if Morgan is supporting it it must totally indefensible, so fekkit, just hang the lot of them. On ITV. In the afternoon. In front of a baying pissed up mob

deadkenny
    Free Member

and see the thread for more

Poopscoop

I think the closest analogy is rubber necking a car crash. On an industrial scale. It appeals to a base, lowest common denominator part of our humanity.

I can’t wait to hear of JK’s impending drink/drug addiction to hit the tabloids in the years to come.

Sorry, got no time for this *rick or the likes of him. He’s known all his career that he was making good money from exploitation of others.

He’s only sorry that it’s over. He doesn’t give a crap about the damage done to others over the years or this guys death.

That’s the simple truth.

funkmasterp

Kyle seems like an arrogant prick. They should do one more show wherein they subject him to the trauma his guests were put through. Then get Paxman to yell at him until he cries. If Piers Morgan thinks your a good bloke you’re obviously the biggest **** in history.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Kyle!’ is closed to new replies.