Viewing 40 posts - 20,281 through 20,320 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shah is no angel herself,
    null

But this? Wow.

WTF is wrong with Labour?

ctk

[edited] Salma in the LP I see LOL happy days.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

WTF is wrong with Labour?

Says Tory Boy!

Conservative Party Islamophobia

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Salma Yaqoob Deletes all ‘Anti-Zionist’ Tweets

It’s OK Owen Jones and Momentum support her,

the selective deletion of tweets is nothing to do with their contents…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#NotACult

Nope. Not at all.

The stupid, it burns!

boomerlives
    Free Member

What does the collective think about the rumours that Corbyn had had a stroke?

The fresnel lens in the right eye of his glasses suggests so.

Any truth?

molgrips
    Free Member

Does having a wonkey eye impair your ability to govern?

boomerlives
    Free Member

If it hints at other brain impairments, yes.

kerley
    Free Member

At least the empathy part of his brain is still working well

outofbreath
    Free Member

Interesting dilemma for JC if he has to form a government with help from the SNP in some form.

SNP will only support him in exchange for indyref in year one. If Scotland goes Indy Labour will find it very hard to win future elections.

…but refusing power and triggering another quick election is also a bad look.

5thElefant
    Free Member

At least the empathy part of his brain is still working well

For the many, not the Jew.

kerley
    Free Member

For the many, not the Jew.

I see the media have you totally fooled.

binners

If Scotland goes Indy Labour will find it very hard to win future elections.

Have you seen what the Labour party is presently polling north of the border? They’re finished. They’re a fringe party. Any election victory is going to have to involve seats outside Scotland, because they’re history there now.

mariner
    Free Member

Does having a wonkey eye impair your ability to govern?

Most PMs seem to have overcome impediments physical or otherwise.

Churchill government 1951 suffered a stroke in 1953 remained in office until 1955 replaced by Eden.
    Eden worst PM of 20th century accused of lying to HoC over Suez. Private life rumored of affairs both he and his wife.
    Replaced by McMillan whose wife was having an affair with Boothby over a thirty-year period and possibly the father of Sarah Macmillan. Cabinet included Profumo. Retrospectively he was considered one the most effective post war PMs. Cabinet rife with rivalries and disputes.
    He over saw the decolonization process.
    Replaced by Alexander Frederick Douglas-Home, Baron Home of the Hirsel. Enough said.
    Replaced by Harold ‘pound in your pocket’ Wilson and his secretary Marsha. Was he a spy was he spied on and destabilized by uk security? Cabinet included George Brown who was a better orator drunk – frequently – than most of today’s politicians sober.
    Edward Heath about whom it was rumored but never proved. Brought us the four-day week and membership of CM. PM post swapped between Heath and Wilson.
    Jim ‘what crisis’ Callahan. Winter of discontent paved the way for Thatcher.
    More affairs and resignations and dodgy deals. Privatisation Miners strikes Falklands selling off council housing and generally pissing the north sea oil revenues against the wall. And the crowning glory of council tax before they got rid of her.
    Followed by Major and Edwina Curry. More sleaze allegations and internal party squabbles over Maastricht and yet more privatisation.
    Blair short golden period then same old same old dodgy dealings and wars.
    Brown, Cameron , May, fill in your own reasons.
    Johnson a drunk and a coke head being held hostage by erg. Serial philanderer and liar.
    AKA Boris Piccaninny Watermelon Letterbox Cake Bumboys Vampires Haircut Wall-Spaffer Spunk-Burster ****-Business ****-the-Families Get-Off-My-****-Laptop Girly-Swot Big-Girl’s-Blouse Chicken-frit Hulk-Smash Noseringed-Crusties Death-Humbug Technology-Lessons Surrender-Bullshit French-Turds Get-Stuffed FactcheckUK@CCHQ Johnson according to Stewart Lee.
    So when was this golden period when our politicians where fit and able as leaders of this country besides never?

Northwind

boomerlives

Subscriber

I think people should be less obvious about nicking ideas from the Trump campaign.

nickc

The fresnel lens in the right eye of his glasses suggests so.

These lenses are mostly fitted to correct double vision, which is mostly (not exclusively) muscle related. Seems to be a more likely explanation

MSP

I would find it rather comforting to believe that Corbyn and his team could hush up a stroke, it would suggest at a competence he is never credited with. It isn’t like they have their fingers on the levers of influence over the media and institutions like the unashamedly corrupt tories have. However for the torie boys, which of the contradictory conspiracies are you going to believe? or are you really so dim as to just believe them all?

Bojo is king of the bufoons, leading the nation over the cliff edge (from the rear of course).

outofbreath
    Free Member

Before the election there was lots of talk of Jezza’s glasses and ‘muscle weakness’ got cited as the cause[1].

I didn’t give it much thought but I was talking to a guy who’s had a stroke at work and he brought up weakness in his face which got me thinking… Are there any ‘trivial’ causes of “muscle weakness”. Feels to me like “muscle weakness” is usually caused by something non-trivial. (When I experienced weakness in my legs I was in front of a neurologist the following working day which suggests the NHS take it pretty seriously.)

So is whatever’s wrong with Jezza likely to be harmless or has he had a more serious problem?

If he had a major health issue during the campaign and carried on as though nothing had happened he’s a bloody hero whatever you think of his political skill.

https://www.opticianonline.net/news/jeremy-corbyn-receives-treatment-for-eye-muscle-weakness

A Labour Party spokesperson said: ‘Jeremy Corbyn has a muscle weakness in his right eye which has become apparent in recent months. He is being treated at Moorfields Eye Hospital and thanks the wonderful staff for their care and expertise. He has been using corrective glasses as part of the treatment. He is otherwise in good health, is on the campaign trail every week travelling the country and runs and cycles regularly.’

BillMC

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Seems the mighty red Brexit Wizard has starting celebrating hard in (possibly) Morecambe and hit the brown ale so hard he has gone and “forgotten” that some of the very few remaining MPs that Labour can claim are losing their jobs today. (MEPs)

What a nice, principled Trot he is was.

ransos
    Free Member

Seems the mighty red Brexit Wizard has starting celebrating hard in (possibly) Morecambe and hit the brown ale so hard he has gone and “forgotten” that some of the very few remaining MPs that Labour can claim are loosing their jobs today. (MEPs)

What a nice, principled Trot he is was

Can someone translate?

kelvin

This kind of thing @ransos

ransos
    Free Member

Thanks @kelvin

I’m not sure that’s what the previous poster was saying though.

P-Jay
    Free Member

In all the Coronanews it might have been missed that it’s JC last day as leader.

He’s bowed out with a letter to Boris Johnson offering a plan to improve the safety of NHS staff.

As ever with Corbyn, it’s a great plan (if we actually had the items he wants given) badly delivered.

It’s a 5 point plan, only, it’s really 6, he just counted 4 twice, and got the address slightly wrong.

stumpyjon

Jeremy who?

boomerlives
    Free Member

Typical Corbyn, good riddance.

Step up Sir Keir!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Typical Corbyn, good riddance.

Step up Sir Keir!

+1

Labour party about to be back in the game.

kelvin

Sorry, what is wrong with this letter? I don’t get what the problem is.

Can we not just say goodbye to him graciously? Even the Prime Minister managed that.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Can we not just say goodbye to him graciously?

We were. Nobody’s even mentioned him on here for two months. Then he wrote a letter with a load of typos to get himself media attention at a time when media was largely ignoring him. (The typos are an obvious hate-sharing tactic.)

binners

Finally!

Completely useless to the last.

Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out, grandad.

Unfortunately, I expect Barbara Ellen is probably absolutely bang on in this article in Sundays Observer: Yes, Jeremy Corbyn is still here and he’s still right about everything

gauss1777
    Free Member

grandad

Is grandad an acceptable term of derision/abuse now?

I expect Barbara Ellen is probably absolutely bang on in this article

That article was so full of fluff, it could have been you who wrote it.

binners

Is grandad an acceptable term of derision/abuse now?

That depends if they’re magic or not.

I’m just hoping the rumours are true that the first thing Kier Starmer is going to do is have a night of the long knives to clear out every last one of the utterly useless Corbynites, both on the front bench and behind the scenes, and actually appoint some people who are capable of finding their own arses using both hands.

I’m also hoping that involves firing Richard Burgon into the sun.

ransos
    Free Member

Jeremy Corbyn wrote it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well, apart from the obvious problems there’s 2 points labelled 4. and he wrote Prime Minister twice in the address – important? I don’t know, if I was writing a quick STW post, a tweet, a Teams message to my colleagues etc I might make the odd typo etc, but if I was writing a letter to the Prime Minister to offer my guidance at a time of international crisis, a letter which would be my last act as Labour Leader, a Letter I intended to share with my 2.4 million twitter followers, I’d make sure it was a bit better than that.

As for the content, it’s pure ‘benefit of opposition’ highlighting lots of obvious issues that have been front page news for weeks, without any practical suggestion of how to achieve it, as if all the Government has to do is pass the “Full PPE for all 1.5m NHS staff now” law and as if by magic they appear, all in the right place, at the right time.

In reality he’s just trying to knock the Government as a snide parting shot, if he had been that bold during his time as Labour Leader, he could be PM now, but he wasn’t, he was too busy worrying about ideological purity.

P-Jay
    Free Member

+1

Labour party about to be back in the game.

I really hope so, but if I were them, I’d sit down and STFU for a few months unless the Tories try doing a bit of Evil or are glaringly **** it up – just chipping away, pointing fingers or worse saying ‘told you so’ as the death toll rises would be reprehensible.

DrJ

it’s pure ‘benefit of opposition’ highlighting lots of obvious issues that have been front page news for weeks

Yeah – headlines for weeks but still no action by the govt because … errr … we didn’t get the e-mail, that’s it – e-mail. In Austria apparently you have to wear a mask to go to the shops. Hope they don’t do that here or half the country will starve to death cos there are no masks.

But, typos, yes – well spotted. Finger on the pulse.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah – headlines for weeks but still no action by the govt because … errr … we didn’t get the e-mail, that’s it – e-mail. In Austria apparently you have to wear a mask to go to the shops. Hope they don’t do that here or half the country will starve to death cos there are no masks.

But, typos, yes – well spotted. Finger on the pulse.

Was Jeremy Corbyn calling on the Government work with the EU he hates so much to get more kit?

PPE is reaching the NHS, my Wife’s team had basic stuff, now they have much better kit ready.

Tests are being rolled out, as are anti-body tests so medics who’ve recovered can be safely redeployed to care for Covid patients.

See, it’s easy to stand on the side-lines and knock the things that everyone knows are wrong, but what are his suggestions for fixing it?

johnx2
    Free Member

typos, yes – well spotted

For many of us the problem with Corbyn was not so much his politics as his incompetence, at all levels and on matters great and small. Whatever. I promise never to mention him again.

DrJ

Tests are being rolled out,

That’s great – how many were done today?

See, it’s easy to stand on the side-lines and knock the things that everyone knows are wrong, but what are his suggestions for fixing it?

Step 1 is spotlight stuff so it gets moved up the priority list – obviously it can’t go above “sit on the beach in the Caribbean”, but maybe up there with “inspect artfully ruffled hair” or “write another piece of fluff for the Torygraph”.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Third reply to Jezza on Twitter link:

Viewing 40 posts - 20,281 through 20,320 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.