• This topic has 374 replies, 126 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by flow.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 375 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson on the One Show
  • flow
    Free Member

Clarkson is replaceable

Without him Top Gear would flop.

falkirk-mark

Without him Top Gear would flop.

Doubt it, just watch the American one.3 bufoons as opposed to 2 bufoons and an arse.

5thElefant
    Free Member

All that the viewing figures show is that around 10% of the population are mentally retarded and shouldn’t be allowed to have children.

You’re advocating forcible sterilisation of the mentally retarded?

Isn’t that advocating a hate crime?

Quick. More frothing!! 😯

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Joking or not, he really is the fat, boring uncle at all the weddings I’ve ever been to.
    Sad old tosser. Pitiful.

Duane…
    Free Member

“Doubt it, just watch the American one.”

Yeah, it’s not very good ‘cos the hosts are boring.

crikey
    Free Member

Hurrah!
    Let’s celebrate being ignorant and offensive, and let’s give thanks for this display, and enjoy the fact that lots of people in our country actually like ignorance and offensiveness on their tvs at teatime.

…and you wonder why the country is f**ked?

Nick

Maybe I was only joking, but as I wasn’t being very funny you weren’t to know that.

speaker2animals

I think Jeremy Clarkson should be stood in front of his family and executed.

It’s plagiarism I know but surely according to some of you I’m on the way to a comedy/TV presenter career?

billysugger
    Free Member

He’s built a career from picking up on mass-societies’ problems, making extreme statements on them, making waves and raking in a living from it.

I’m just bored of him now and if anyone thinks the last season of Top Gear was good then we’ll have to differ. The vietnam by ped show was worth his wage.

deluded
    Free Member

I think his humour is very base, unsophisticated and crass – with his naff and tired jokes on such things as the German invasion of Poland & gay jibes. On the evolutionary comedy tree he’s not that more advanced than Jim Davidson and his Chalky jokes.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Maybe I was only joking, but as I wasn’t being very funny you weren’t to know that.

Really?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

deluded – Member
    I think his humour is very base, unsophisticated and crass – with his naff and tired jokes on such things as the German invasion of Poland & gay jibes. On the evolutionary comedy tree he’s not that more advanced than Jim Davidson and his Chalky jokes.

😆

BoardinBob

Im just disgusted that people actually watch The One Show

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think he intends to be funny and sometimes is – however its all to predictable and lame and he is very careful not to go too far

He is a part of the ghastly chipping norton set along with rebekka wade elizabeth Murdoch and so on

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

…and you wonder why the country is f**ked?

I don’t think it is. I’d say that places like Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq and Sierra Leone are probbly a fair bit worse off really, in the general scheme of things.

But I sort of see what yer saying.

I think Clarkson should be stood in front of his family and have fresh poo thrown at him, in his face and mouth and everything.

Then we could all have a good laugh and see how good his sense of humour is. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Thing is – much as I don’t like him, he can be interesting and he is actually a very good presenter. I just wish he’d do less of the stupid mucking about. He has to face up to the fact that he’s not Frankie Boyle.

Stick to cars and engineering.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Precisely.

His fans also often repeat what Jim Davidson’s fans used to say, “he’s only having a laugh”

billysugger
    Free Member

If I were in the public eye I’d rather be loved by some and hated by others than liked by all. This way I could get ‘us’ to do my fighting against ‘them’.

He’s just curly haired Marmite.

I do feel dirty for watching the one show.

Maybe we should put him on a motorbike and get him to ride through some cheesewire..

Tim
    Free Member

He’d soon whinge and moan if the Beeb reduced his pay, let alone took away pension rights.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Engineering?

nealglover
    Free Member

Top Gear without clarkson wouldnt work.
    Not in the same way it does now.

Anyone who thinks it would clearly doesn’t watch it.

(and also doesn’t know that Clarkson has part Ownership of the Top Gear brand through his company Bedder 6)

samuri
    Free Member

He’s joking very deliberately. I’m sorry but if it’s not obvious then you shouldn’t be watching TV/going on the internet/going outside.

Whether he’s funny or not is irrelevant, it was quite obviously a joke so you can either laugh if you like it or turn over if you don’t.
    I didn’t think it was funny but that’s because it wasn’t funny.

Personally I had far more issue with that bloke who was interviewing him. On one hand he’s not shaved for a bit to show how cool he is, on the other he’s got a wool jumper, round collared short and a tie on. Make your mind up dude.

samuri
    Free Member

There was another stupid program on before it by the way where daily mail readers email in about the things they hate.

These things were along the following lines….

STRIKES
    RACISM
    CYCLISTS
    MILKMEN

Sorry? cyclists and milkmen rate in the moan-worthy stakes against racism? Really? Get a grip you stupid old tossers, grow up before you die.

jlf1970
    Free Member

An uptight bunch or what!

Lighten up people its nearly xmas!

billysugger
    Free Member

grow up before you die

Maybe live before you die might be more apt, or get some real problems.

I didn’t take what Jezza was saying seriously. But didn’t find it funny. Can I still go outside tomorrow? I’m confused. As if I was going to change channel when that cardigan wearing man was apologising on someone elses behalf.

nick1962
    Free Member

Clarkson’s unreconstructed male, middle aged version of laddishness is intended to shock and at the same time appeal to middle England.It’s dull, unoriginal, repetetive , and rarely funny.
    But no more offensive than the post modern irony of so called hip and trendy comedians.
    They’re all just trying to make living…

RustySpanner

An (allegedly) adulterous coward with the mindset of Bernard Manning and the journalistic skills of Chris Moyles.

People who like him secretly read The Daily Mail. And agree with it.

A perfect example of the ‘dumbing down’ of broadcasting and the celebration of public ignorance.

A vile, hateful excuse for a human being.

Junkyard
    Free Member

“I mean, how dare they go on strike when they’ve got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living.”

i do love hearing a multi millionaire privately educated gent telling me about my gilt edged lifestyle and how hard he works.

He is just not funny is my main problem with him.

billysugger
    Free Member

A vile, hateful excuse for a human being

Come on Rusty, don’t hold back

mefty
    Free Member

The BBC is required by statute to be balanced. It decides to air many lefty comedians/media personalities so Clarkson is required to balance them. He has the added advantage that other countries want to watch his show. It is a win win.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Think you will find he was joking.

You know up until I read that, I had thought that Clarkson actually wanted to have people shot, properly like, as in “dead” …… in front of their families. So you can imagine my relief when I read that.

It’s informative stuff like that which keeps coming here.

derekrides
    Free Member

I bet he’s weally worried about what a forum of folk who worry about meeting their exes, wonder why their seat tube breaks when they centre punch it, argue endlessly about bollox, read the Guardian, ride with only one speed, love tight fitting spandex, have the sense of humour of a physics teacher, pour their heart out over all and any minor swerve life chucks at them to a bunch of… well all of the above..

Yep I bet he’d be really concerned.

jools182
    Free Member

I don’t understand why everyone gets so wound up by what he says

He does it to annoy people and wind them up. It should be in one ear and out the other.

nick1962
    Free Member

ernie

off topic

but we all got a letter of thanks and lots of praise for all our sterling efforts from our government minister right after the budget announcement….

RustySpanner

I hope he dies on the same day as Thatcher.

Always liked those two for one offers.

Just indulging in a little post modernistic, Clarkesoneque ‘humour’.
    Not funny, is it?

mefty
    Free Member

You dont have it RS, Clarkson would have used the term BOGOF to appeal to fans of toilet humour.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Think you will find he was joking.

I think that woman on the tram is using a similar defence.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lighten up people its nearly xmas!

I only weigh nine and a half stone, and I’m not a Christian. 😐

BoardinBob

I think that woman on the tram is using a similar defence.

get a grip

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie

off topic

but we all got a letter of thanks and lots of praise for all our sterling efforts from our government minister right after the budget announcement….

Please accept a sincere thank you from me too.

😕

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 375 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson on the One Show’ is closed to new replies.