• This topic has 374 replies, 126 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by flow.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 375 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson on the One Show
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A joke versus a serious email:

“If you cross a picket line you are a scab. There is no other words for it and it is one of the worst things that can be done”…to those who did not strike…”what you did was immoral and unacceptable and you should be ashamed.”

John Rogers, Unison branch secretary Lambeth

…deafened by the silence. Why should we not be surprised?

flow
    Free Member

You lot still going on 🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

and all the better for your insights flow

THM why are you shocked a union branch secretary thinks scabbing and not striking is cowardly…you see easily upsets/shocked /surprised by the obvious

Were you shocked when the current govt told us striking /the strikers it was wrong – really is this actually “news”?

What next economist says markets are great?

Artist supports the arts?

nealglover
    Free Member

If anything I think the worst part about his comments is the fact he was being rather hypocritical given his 6 figure salary!

So…….

Even after it’s been explained, and the full transcript posted, explaining he was taking the p1ss oit of The BBC needing to have “balance” , and him saying “they’re not” (his views)

You Still think his comments were hypocritical, because he earns a lot 😯

Give me strength 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

Passes “strength” to nealglover, looks like you need some. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you cross a picket line you are a scab.

Tru dat.

what you did was immoral and unacceptable and you should be ashamed.

Tru dat tu.

EDIT:

it is one of the worst things that can be done

Dat not tru.

(though in the context of your union being on strike, it is)

AD

I don’t think THM was all that shocked… Just making a point that it seems ok to get all wound up about a pretty poor joke but no chorus of condemnation for a union official stirring up real hatred.

Funny old world.

In fairness to John Rogers, he has apparently apologised though (just like Clarkson in fact :-))

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks AD – couldn’t have put it better myself!!

(Evening JY – been a while since we crossed paths – I did try to avoid econ/political threads this week, but ultimately drawn in by it all!! It wasn’t you on QT last night was it?)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually just thinking, I might just complain to the Beeb. After all, it doesn’t matter whether I’m outraged or not, as long as the Beeb think I am.

Opportunity to get him off the Beeb. Too good to miss. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

Yeah, get Clarkson off the BBC. Good idea.

That would cost the BBC many millions every year, and they wouldn’t have as much money to make the programs you do like.

And Clarkson would carry on making money anyway as he owns a big chunk of the Top Gear “brand” worldwide.

It’s a good plan, can’t think of any problems with it.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

It’s a good plan, can’t think of any problems with it.

Glad you agree, you can sign your name under mine on DDs complaint.

One less prick on our screens.

Edukator
    Free Member

But I don’t like any current BBC programmes. Dumbed-down, condescending, xenophobic, brash … hang on! I’ve just realised the BBC has become Top Gear!

dogbert
    Free Member

Jeremy Clarkson has also said he feels that soldiers fighting in the middle east and Afghanistan should be paid better, treated with respect and their families looked after if die in combat…….true story!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But I don’t like any current BBC programmes.

Really? Because, like, we’d never have guessed.

flow
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 375 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson on the One Show’ is closed to new replies.