• This topic has 374 replies, 126 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by flow.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 375 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson on the One Show
  • project
    Free Member

The BBC has apologised after Jeremy Clarkson declared that he would like to see striking public sector workers “shot” in front of their families.

The Top Gear presenter made his comments on BBC’s The One Show on the evening of Britain’s biggest public sector strikes in 30 years.

He said of the strikers: “I’d have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families.

“I mean, how dare they go on strike when they’ve got these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living.”

He also said if a train hits a person on the railway it should cary on as the person is obviously dead, and by stopping seriously delays passengers journeys.

Anyone else think he has lost the plot.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dunno. Somebody here was calling him a god the other day.

Clarkson. Cock.

kimbers

hes just a sad old giffer trying to grab some headlines

user-removed
    Free Member

Wasn’t offended but it did remind me that I hate myself for liking Top Gear. Buffoon.

MartynS

good to be in the headlines with a Christmas DVD out…!

beaker

I think it was Oscar Wilde who once said “The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.” Jezza in controversy shocker, just as his new DVD comes out…..

crikey
    Free Member

Clarkson is a sad old caricature.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Has become self -parody

beaker

beat me to it Martyn….

Nick

Charlie Brooker on twitter

I hope the BBC don’t sack Jeremy Clarkson. Imagine how much he’d go on about it. It’d be like hurling **** fuel into a prick engine.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

So that’s what all the fuss was about. Turned on the TV to see the presenters behaving like they were chairing a phone in with 5 Star.

Clarkson trolls for a living.

partyboy
    Free Member

Its tongue in cheek ffs….stop getting your knickers in a twist!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

He’s always been a sad male chicken, anyone else would have been sacked long ago but I suspect he almost single handedly funds the BBC so this won’t happen in a hurry.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I reckon he knows his days with the Beeb are numbered, they need to cull some of their big ‘stars’ to save money, and he’s just making himself more attractive to Sky producers….

The last series of Top Gear really was quite weak. It’s definitely long in the tooth and needs an overhaul. Clarkson is probbly more than aware he’s had his innings, so will be looking for pastures new if he’s got any sense.

crikey
    Free Member

Its tongue in cheek ffs.

It’s lazy bollocks from a cock monkey….

clunker

Good case of fame has gone to his head! totally full of himself.

project
    Free Member

Strangely killing people is not funny for most normal people.

flow
    Free Member

Think you will find he was joking. Hard to believe I know but some people actually have a sense of humour

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEKVUIeAsbA[/video]

billysugger
    Free Member

Elfin + Martyn = yer answer for his behaviour

partyboy
    Free Member

You lot are obviously too uptight….likely public sector workers stressing over your pensions 😉

Nick

Think you will find he was joking. Hard to believe I know but some people actually have a sense of humour

He might have been joking, but he’s not funny, which is why it all falls flat.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think he was trying to joke, but that doesn’t really count as a sense of humour, does it?

I am sure he feels horribly embarassed about it though.. sometimes our mouths run away with us, but we aren’t all on live telly.

donsimon
    Free Member

I reckon he knows his days with the Beeb are numbered, they need to cull some of their big ‘stars’ to save money, and he’s just making himself more attractive to Sky producers….

Wasn’t he saying on the radio this morning that Top Gear generated huge revenues for the BBC?
    Attention seeking whoring at its worst. Best to have ignored it.

project
    Free Member

am sure he feels horribly embarassed about it though

He will be when tj has a go at him….

spacemonkey

Anyone else think he has lost the plot.

No. He just likes the idea of people listening to his voice/opinion.

You can’t go on a prime-time 7pm show and be crass. It’s gonna bit you in the ass (see what I did there? 🙂 )

derekrides
    Free Member

Ha Clarkson rules, y’all who don’t get it need corrective soh surgery, lobotomy should do it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Good for him. His humour never fails to offend the humourless.

falkirk-mark

The man is a complete dinosaur,it was not that long ago he thought jaguar and honda were great because they did not make diesel cars.

edhornby

nobody’s laughing anymore

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

regardless of that clip …..he is a massive bell end.

billysugger
    Free Member

You’re either a tosser like him or you’re not.

flow
    Free Member

2009 viewing figures, couldnt find 2011.

You lot are miserable bar stewards.

falkirk-mark

join pistonheads then

5thElefant
    Free Member

You lot are miserable bar stewards.

But without their frothing his humour wouldn’t be half as funny. They are the secret of his success. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

His humour never fails to offend the humourless.

Now that is funny.  😀

But without their frothing his humour wouldn’t be half as funny. They are the secret of his success

Oh my aching sides. Have you ever thought of taking up a career in comedy?

(Btw I’m not laughing with you, I’m laughing at you. 😆

Please continue; you’re marginally more entertaining than this Jean Claude Van Damme film on Channel 5 atm…)

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Why not make a complaint to the police about him inciting violence

🙄

nealglover
    Free Member

He (and top gear) earn MASSIVE amounts for the BBC.

Not sure if it still is, but quite recently it was by far the highest earning show the BBC produce.

Can’t see them packing him off to Sky to “save money” ???

Not sure how that would work really.

cheburashka
    Free Member

He’s a gonk. And increasingly so these days.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not sure how that would work really.

Clarkson is replaceable. Quite simple really.

billysugger
    Free Member

Not even frothing in the slightest. I actually enjoyed watching them two generic safe hands who host the show squirming and apologising for him. Just don’t find him funny.

In a world where somebody being offended is more important than the statement they were offended about he used to be quite entertaining. Now he’s just…..I don’t have the word

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 375 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson on the One Show’ is closed to new replies.