Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 330 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Clarkson loves nothing better than preaching to his choir of petrolhead, TG loving, never-going-to-bike-commute, I-pay-road-tax, shit-book-buying lumpheads. He preaches and they read or listen, going nurr-hurr-hurr, lapping it up like a bunch of slavering psychophantic Richard Hammonds (he’s not even a real hamster, y’know). I can’t see him putting himself in a situation where he might have to eat a bit of humble pie, much as it would give me a massive (for me) erection to see it happen.

scotroutes

Sitting on the fence as usual DD? 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think it’s fair to say I’m not his biggest fan druidh.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

I have to admit I used to like JC, but have slowly gone off him, and this incident really caps it. Was getting a bit bored with TG anyway – don’t think I’ll be bothering with the next series.

scotroutes

Isn’t JC narrowly behind Guy Martin on the STW bromance chart?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Love how the ST uses a 15 year old pic of him for that article.

cinnamon_girl

Just e-mailed the ST to complain. 😈

aracer
    Free Member

What’s the basis of your complaint, CG?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Isn’t JC narrowly behind Guy Martin on the STW bromance chart?

I’d put him a long way behind to be fair. I know TG is popular here and I don’t confuse that with a liking for JC. Hell, even I enjoy some stuff on TG while disliking JC quite a bit.

brooess
    Free Member

His whole persona and behaviour are very childish…

The good thing is though, that despite his anti-cycling stance, he and others like him are losing the argument, now more than ever, and they know it, hence the recent attempts at provocation.
    Look at:
    Growth in numbers riding – club, solo, commuting, sportifs
    Growth in numbers coming to watch organised events – TdF, ToB, even the Prudential thing
    Local government
    Central Government
    Boris
    Even Jeremy Vine/Daily Mail (as odious as they are, they suss out public opinion and preach it like it was their own idea which is self-reinforcing)

It does feel like public opinion is tipping more towards cycling than away from it right now, lots more proper passing than close passing on a typical ride.

It helps that our love affair with the car is ending – driving in the UK is such a crap experience these days, and expensive. People are realising how much damage it does. The younger generation are less and less likely to want to drive and in 10/15 years time, they’ll be the the adults who form public opinion.

So in time Jeremy Clarkson and his ilk will slink quietly away and sulk/tantrum about something else… he knows he’s on the losing side and when he realises he’ll lose popularity from preaching his ‘anti’ agenda he shut up about it – he’s a smart player at the end of the day

cinnamon_girl

That I’m sick of him persecuting cyclists and being a menace to Society.

Why not send one yourself?

I know I know, need to ride my bike but full of germs, boo. 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Much as I agree with you, it needs to be rather more substantial than that for them to pay any attention at all – you might as well use green ink!

Full of germs here so have mucho sympathy, but more constructive things to waste your time on than writing letter which will be filed in the circular filing cabinet.

Sorry – I recently put a lot of effort (as in several full working weeks) into something, did a very good job and still failed, so feeling a bit cynical at the moment.

lazybike
    Free Member

It would be nice to see a pro cyclist as the star in the reasonably priced car, Alex Dowsett is a petrolhead, he can’t be the only one, be nice to build some bridges rather than burning them…

uselesshippy
    Free Member

CG, instead of complaining to the times, just stop buying it. That way you don’t give money to Murdoch as well.

lazybike
    Free Member

Tom Boonen’s new wheels…

crazy-legs

It would be nice to see a pro cyclist as the star in the reasonably priced car, Alex Dowsett is a petrolhead, he can’t be the only one, be nice to build some bridges rather than burning them…

Most of the Team GB guys are pretty keen on cars – Ed Clancy is a handy driver, Cav owns several very nice cars, Chris Hoy has done a fair bit of car racing since he retired from track cycling.

Peta Todd (Cav’s wife) has been on the show a couple of times and she’s apparently good friends with JC – in fact she posted some pretty funny rebuttals via Twitter to him when all this kicked off.

It did the job for him – got him thousands of retweets, loads of new followers, I’m still pretty sure it’s all a calculated act. What does bug me though is the mouthbreathers who hang on his every word and will use it as an excuse to treat all cyclists like shit, having failed to see the irony in any of it. If he did it the other way round, Clarkson could actually be one of the best forces for good in cycling but he chooses the more controversial/publicity generating route every time.

And +1 for everything that brooess said ^^

FeeFoo
    Free Member

He’s a prick in the same way Jim Davidson was a prick in the 70s and 80s.

Boring reactionary old man.

stavromuller
    Free Member

uselesshippy, I’m starting a campaign right now, to get Steve Peat as the “Star in a reasonably priced car”. So can I urge you and any other followers of this thread, to get on facebook and twitter right now, so we can see a true star driving and not some of the non-entities they get on.

Scamper
    Free Member

In the st today clarkson said he wasn’t anti cyclist which raised an eyebrow, but also described the circumstances leading up to his tweet which seemed to be the cyclist getting in a huff about being overtaken.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

He’s a self-proven prick, so whay should we give any credence to his self justificating waffle in the ST?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

How about, we have clarkson as the star, under a reasonably priced car.

Drac

described the circumstances leading up to his tweet which seemed to be the cyclist getting in a huff about being overtaken.

From the Horse’s mouth.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jeremy-clarkson-continues-to-be-a-moron/page/3#post-5671412

Houns

Inrat

When’s the new series of Top Gear on?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Just spent a very enjoyable afternoon watching Top Gear Live in Glasgow. They had a guy on a bike doing some trials stuff and said that cycling was fashionable these days.

cinnamon_girl

Yes, it’s easy to be cynical but unless he’s challenged then he’ll carry on being an arrogant pillock.

My son lives in London and commutes to work in London by bike. He’s not long taken delivery of a nice plastic racer for weekend use.

Why should he feel ‘vulnerable’ on the road due to a middle-aged idiot (who’s old enough to know better) spouting bile at the adoring dumb ar$es?

Will let you know if a reply is forthcoming. 😉

Drac

When’s the new series of Top Gear on?

Soon according to the teaser.

Drac

Why should he feel ‘vulnerable’ on the road due to a middle-aged idiot (who’s old enough to know better) spouting bile at the adoring dumb ar$es?

STW Members?

Houns

😆

*Youtubes teaser*

itsme
    Free Member

has Hello all, me again.

After seeing what the Range Rover driver has written in the Sunday Times I’m feeling a bit cheesed off again as I feel he’s totally missed the point of what happened, and has made me out to be a bit of a sandal wearing veggie hippy who bimbles along at about 5mph (anyone who knows me would laugh at that, I love meat, and am in the top 25% of most Strava sections that I ride!).

Mrs itsme reckons that I should email the Sunday Times and ask to put my side of the incident (which you’ve all seen on page 3 of this thread). Now I have reservations about this as I don’t want to end up looking like a knob, but I’ve had others say that I should say something, especially as Jeremy Vine is having his two bob’s worth as well.

what do you lot think, is it worth it?

grum
    Free Member

Do it! Make sure you mention how awesome you are on Strava. 😉

itsme
    Free Member

I’m deffo not ‘awesome’, but I don’t do bad for an old fat bloke 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

They’ll make you look a knob.

brooess
    Free Member

Please do!
    He’s very influential and as such his anti-cyling stance is dangerous to cyclists as it legitimises attacks on cycling.

Can you push the point he was using a mobile phone whilst driving, too please, it’s terrible that he seems to be getting away with that

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Contact Kaya Burgess, he does loads of (pro) cycling stuff for The Times…

itsme
    Free Member

5thElefant, that’s my big worry.

aracer
    Free Member

For those who want to read what Clarkson wrote without even having to click on the ST, let alone subscribe to it
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fwi2fs102e7miv/ClarksonSundayTimes19January2014.txt
    (from a tweet by Carlton Reid)

…in summary, as I surmised from the first paragraph, roads are for cars, out of my way little people.

bearnecessities

Only thing that makes me suspicious about this, is why police aren’t interested in pursuing a blatant use of mobile offence.

Something not right about that; if Mr C is implicitly admitting the offence, why not publicly enforce the law?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Seems to be complaining cyclists go too slowly and he can’t get past, then complains cyclists go too quickly and they can’t get past him!

Then says he overtook itsme, and then took a pic (from behind).

I fear a rational argument will be lost on him.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

is why police aren’t interested in pursuing a blatant use of mobile offence.

well he is a rich, white, middle class celebrity, who hangs around with politicians…….just who do you think the met work for?

hora
    Free Member

Jesus Clarkson really doesn’t help himself. The scary thing is alot of idiots will think ‘he knows about driving/roads so must be right’.

I overtook someone in a Focus ST dawdling/allover the road texting someone on his phone. He then made it his life mission to catch up and overtake. Further down the road he did the Topgear ‘loser’ symbol on his head.

I remember thinking pillock. I imagine that bloke also hangs on Clarksons every word.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 330 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron’ is closed to new replies.