Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 330 total)
  • Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron
  • scotroutes

me!
    [/quote]Me too

Cougar

I can forgive that. It’s much easier to argue that, in common with c85% (?) of ‘cyclists’, you have paid all the same motoring related taxes as the twerp claiming you’ve not right to be in the road since you own a car as well as a bike.

I can’t. It’s perpetuating the road tax myth.

By that logic, you shouldn’t be on the road if you’re disabled, if your car’s older than 40 years, you drive a tractor, an electric vehicle, anything with emissions lower than 100g/km, an NHS vehicle, or a horse. Or, of course, you’re on foot.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

pk13 – Member

Judge a man by the friends he keeps . Not always correct but with friends like Brooks,little Murdoch and call me Dave .

And the unutterably loathsome Gill.

Annoying cyclist can, at worst cause a scratch to a car, whereas a ton of speeding steel in the hands of a twunt is a lethal weapon. Even out here in the sticks some drivers squeeze past on blind bends and brows’ of hills – seen so many near misses, sadly some are cars with bikes on the roof or hanging off the back – “physician heal thyself” springs to mind.

Just for clarification – is it illegal to use a mobile phone whilst driving or whilst in charge of a motor vehicle? If it’s the latter then the gobshite is bang to rights, even if he is temporarily stationary. And, when did he post the tweet? Was he mobile at that point too?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    Jesus made me

It’s official – Junkyard thinks being crass is the same thing as possessing wit.

aracer
    Free Member

Illegal whilst in charge. He’s admitted the crime.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Much as I like JC, most of the time, I think I need to rethink my opinion of him…..
    This incident certainly has opened my eyes. Im starting to think that he does actually believe what he says about cyclists, dressed up as comedy.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard thinks being crass is the same thing as possessing wit.

LOLZ at the irony

I genuine laughed out loud at that one
    thanks

willard

I normally find Jeremy Vine an annoying source of radio channel swapping, but that article has made me [partially] rethink him, at least from a personal point of view.

The Clarkson thing? He’ll be lucky if anything ever happens to him. I’d say just get onto the people that employ him and complain. Money usually talks and they will probably see a way to exploit it for their own gains. I hate to say it though, but if anyone can change attitudes about cycling, it’s arguably him and his ilk.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Illegal whilst in charge. He’s admitted the crime.

But ‘using’ is usually defined as making or receiving communications. Unless he tweeted whilst driving I’m not sure he wouldn’t get off the charge with a good lawyer. Still careless driving though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I genuine laughed out loud at that one

Glad you can laugh at yourself. Saves me the bother.

aracer
    Free Member

Exactly. Plenty of precedent for that with more minor stuff than sticking your hand out of the window to take a photo – he would have to avoid admitting that.

butcher
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread just got a mention in the Guardian

Excellent. STW in mainstream media and the thread that’s chosen? One that has descended in to a shining beacon of an example of big hitters hitting each other big! 🙂

project
    Free Member

Its also got a mention on Bike biz, like i said earlier the cyclist will soon become a media celebrity.

RustySpanner

I believe they train Guardian sub-editors by getting them to translate Junky’s posts these days. 😀

kimbers

CFH-
    thank goodness they didnt link to a wheel size debate by mistake!

so Mods does a linky from the guardian provide a big boost to your hits?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty, have you actually read the Graun recently?

Junky is their chief proofreader, I believe.

😉

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

all i can say, having tuned in to this late is huzzah fellow cyclists. The guardian write up nicely sums it up and I agree that cycling in rush hour traffic for 2 or 3 miles in london should be part of the driving test. I also think cyclists should sit in the cab of lorries at the same time. It works both ways.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Bang goes my New Year’s resolution of not-going-on-STW ever again. Instead I read the graun and look where it led me.. 😯

Occasionally this place is absolutely awsums.

aracer
    Free Member

The great thing about articles like that in the Graduin is that you can read the comments without going mad (unlike where the Jeremy Vine one is published, where nobody commenting appears to have read the article, or is incapable of comprehending it).

molgrips
    Free Member

This thread just got a mention in the Guardian

Hi Guardian readers! *wave*

EDIT: and journos!

aracer
    Free Member

Also now made it onto road.cc
    http://road.cc/content/news/107809-point-making-rider-hits-back-jeremy-clarkson

I particularly like “the always-lively forums on Singletrackworld.com”, and I’m sure Mark is wetting his pants about all this free publicity. Oh look, he is 😉
    https://twitter.com/singletrackmark/status/422711265023496193/photo/1

butcher

The great thing about articles like that in the Graduin is that you can read the comments without going mad (unlike where the Jeremy Vine one is published, where nobody commenting appears to have read the article, or is incapable of comprehending it).

I made the mistake of reading them too 🙁

slowoldgit
    Free Member

In case anyone’s still counting…

There’s 2 sides to every story and who hasn’t been annoyed by the inconsiderate cyclist who won’t allow cars to pass?

Me, with many years’ experience of driving and riding bikes.

And the nice thing about the DM comments is it keeps those people in one place, out of everybody else’s way, and seemingly contented.

pk13

*waves to mom and pops*

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d wave to my Dad too but my parents don’t know my secret internet identity.

pk13

Pk13 is my first name . 😯

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Did your parents not like you as a child?

scotroutes

I just assumed your father was Pk12

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Hang on, you mean the reactionary idiot that Clarkson plays on TV might not be an act?

kimbers
    tenfoot

Hopefully clarkson will see the error of his ways and admit he was wrong……….

…….and hopefully I will win at the 2014 world xc champs.

Neither are likely, which is a shame as there are a lot of morons who think that what the man says, goes.

aracer
    Free Member

Waves to Ben’s dad 😉

Sandwich

But ‘using’ is usually defined as making or receiving communications. Unless he tweeted whilst driving I’m not sure he wouldn’t get off the charge with a good lawyer. Still careless driving though.

One of our forum members was done for picking the phone up and moving it to the door pocket for safe-keeping. 3 points and an invoice if I recall correctly.

kimbers

Winks at Ben’s mum 😉

AdamW
    Free Member

Winks at Ben’s dad. 😉

bearnecessities

Winks at Ben’s cat 😉

scotroutes

There’s a lot of winkers on this thread

martinxyz
    Free Member

:::snorts at Nigella:::

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 330 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Clarkson continues to be a moron’ is closed to new replies.