Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Jenn's Charities
  • Mark

For those who have bought stuff from our shop I thought you’d like to know that we just reached £2k in contributions to Jenn’s choice of charities, Macmillan Cancer Support and Cancer Research UK.

That doesn’t include donations from the sale of subscriptions. That will get added as soon as we’ve calculated it. I just happened to notice the shop totals so thought you’d like to know.

I’ve had a good consult with both Jo Burt and Jenn about what we do with the original painting and we’ve come up with a crowd funding idea that we will give more details about next week. Both Jo and Jenn like the idea that there is some form of collective ownership rather than a single auction winner. All proceeds of the crowdfunding will be split between the two charities.

Many thanks to everyone who has bought a mug, sub, print or mag in response to Jenn’s story. Jenn is overwhelmed by the response and I’m sure we will all hear from her when she’s back from her current adventure somewhere near a beach up north 🙂

You can also contribute directly to both charities via their websites. We’ve put the links in to Jenn’s story on the front page.

Jenn told us that she’s looking forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures over the coming months, so I thought I’d better go and have one. It’s a great day out there now and if you are in reading this and you can get out then go and have your own adventure. And if you need any more reasons then this is the quote from Jenn’s Twitter Bio..

“Here you are with your arms and legs and walking around in the good sunlight. That’s winning. You’ve won, see. The rest is just gravy”

I’m off for an adventure in the good sunlight.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Thanks for the update Mark.
    (and a Bump)

tmb467
    Free Member

Coming from Ireland – you always need gravy…

All the best of luck to her. Her positive attitude is inspirational

kcal

I set off for a spin. I’ve always set off with the goal of getting to Tomintoul (and back) but always bottled at the decision point. This time – thought fark it, carried on round, home quite a bit later than agreed, but I think there was a bit of “shut up legs” – Jens / Jenn going on.. 🙂

Metasequoia

…goes for a ride…

stumpyjon

Yep, if she can keep it together then I’ve no excuse, off for the second ride of the week after months off the bike. Theres even a hint of good sunlight in Rossendale this morning.

Drac

Good start but we can do better I reckon.

ononeorange

Drac. Absolutely. Keep going everyone.

Wish I could have an adventure today, surgery has got in the way. Will save it for a few months time.

metalheart
    Free Member

Good start but we can do better I reckon.

When subscribing I asked/offered to match STW’s donation but was told it would be too difficult for ST to reconcile at the end of the day. Yesterday I was in Markies and Macmillan were collecting so I bunged it in there. Maybe others have done something similar?

Mark

We have a crowdfunding style announcement coming in the next few days regarding the original artwork for the cover of issue 100 that we hope will offer everyone an opportunity to help raise the grand total.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Look forward to hearing about that.

igm

I know a few STWers did the Cancer Cycle charity ride last night / today and at least £1200 will have gone to the charities Jenn has nominated. Chance really that it’s happened now, but it’s a few more quid heading in the right direction.

scaredypants

“Here you are with your arms and legs and walking around in the good sunlight. That’s winning. You’ve won, see. The rest is just gravy”

Needs a T-Shirt printing up

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Jenn's Charities’ is closed to new replies.