Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • #jennride2018 video and new date for next year pencil it in!
  • robbo1234biking

How many spaces are there? Trying to sort out with a couple of work colleagues to do it.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Entered! 🙂

bazwadah
    Free Member

I’m in again, each year has been a really good weekend of riding and meeting great people. The 70 looks ideal for me, did the 50 last year (because I hadn’t been out on the bike much) and it felt a bit short.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Poopscoop

Along because of the kit I and my lad have….

What sort of night time temps are you looking at? Approximately.

Also, as above, how many spaces are there?

Thanks!

dienamic

Up for this again, last year was great!
    Would there be any issues if a few of us wanted to set off a bit earlier on the Sat? Last year we were riding until midnight to get walna scar done before stopping, would be good to have a bit more time to enjoy the bivvying

postierich
    Free Member

No issues in setting off early don’t forget you will have more daylight seeing thats its July! The first 35 miles will go pretty quick due to the route

Rich

200 spots available I think around 70 have gone already

dienamic

Cheers, will get signed up this weekend. Only just made last orders in the pub at torver last year!

lesgrandepotato

Booked on, 99 left chaps!

robbo1234biking

Ticket purchased. Need to sort something to sleep in now!

postierich
    Free Member

Update 113 booked on over £2000 raised for St Gemmas Hospice and The ride for Charlie fund

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi all a few friends and I have signed up again. New route looks interesting hope the event turns out to be as fun and enjoyable as previously.
    Look forward to seeing you all there

NCB

postierich
    Free Member

Update 144 booked on £2800 raised for St Gemmas Hospice and Ride for Charlie

postierich
    Free Member

All places have been booked 240 £4800 raised for St Gemmas Hospice and Ride For Charlie Fund.
    Many thanks to all concerned you just have to ride it now 🙂

sandwicheater

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Vm15Bw]Seal of approval[/url] by Phil Dalton, on Flickr

whitestone
    Free Member

We’re in 👍 Quite a bit, getting on for half, of the new route is new to me.

jimxc
    Free Member

Hi Rich

Missed the signup and now it’s “sold out”, is there any chance of two previous riders donating and joining the ride?

Thanks.

postierich
    Free Member

Hi Jim email me richard.munro@outlook.com

postierich
    Free Member

Update 237 spots have been taken and i have just refunded 3 spots so they are available on the Eventbrite site.
    If there are any ladies out there would like to talk/show a few pics maybe a video for 20 minutes on a cycling adventure that would be ace if you could join us on the friday night
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/south-lakes-jennride-2019-tickets-54100383704

robbo1234biking

Hi Rich. Looking forward to it. What is parking like in Stavely? I know it is pretty tight around Wheelbase but would need somewhere to park the car overnight. Any recommendations? Cheers

postierich
    Free Member

WE open up the old cricket field for parking and overnight camping on the Friday drive past the entry to the Millyard there will be signs!

johnx2
    Free Member

Erm, what bike?
    Either a heavy full suss, or an ancient carbon 26″ now running a 2.8″ semi-fat at the front on a rigid steel fork, or my xbike I guess; thinking the 26″ being the one to go for. Of the 100 miler I think I only know the Walna Scar section (to my shame) which would go rather slowly without suspension. Hmmm. Grateful for any thoughts…?

postierich
    Free Member

Doable on a rigid fat tyred bike not so much so on cx bike but you might have a higher pain threshold than me 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Pleased to announce the line up for this years Adventure Bike night in Wheelbase Cycles they are as follows in no order of importance!
    Karl Booth talking about the highs and lows of the Highland Trail 550, this years event was the wettest one so far with a very high attrition rate.
    Fiona Massey and Paul John Horabin getting dusty and trying not to fall out on the Colorado trail.
    George North and Lauren Davies talking about their exploits bike packing across Chile Peru and Bolivia .
    Barry Godin will be amazing us with his cheerfulness and no doubt a film to enjoy 🙂
    Eventbrite tickets will be released soon which will be free but donations on the night will be gratefully accepted towards Prostate UK Wood fired Pizzas and beer will be available on the night.

lesgrandepotato

Two spare tickets here. Turns out I forgot about my sisters 40th birthday.

postierich
    Free Member

do a refund request on eventbrite and i will refund

lesgrandepotato

No need – if someone wants we can transfer over. If not it goes in the pot for good stuff

postierich
    Free Member

No worries thanks for the donation!

Rich

bazwadah
    Free Member

Just having a look at the route for the 70 mile course and trying to figure out where to camp. Halfway point appears to be around Walna Scar road and I’m not sure wether to stop before Walna Scar ( pros: wont be climbing at night, cons: more to do the next day) or stop after/on the road (pros: got it out of the way and nice downhill in the morning, cons: might not have the energy!). Any advice?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

On the Torver side of Walna Scar is Torver Low common (on OS map) it was part of last years route and a nice spot for overnight bivvi after a quick pint at the pub at Torver.

[url=https://gasstation-nearme.com/shell]shell station near my location[/url]

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘#jennride2018 video and new date for next year pencil it in!’ is closed to new replies.