Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • #jennride2018 video and new date for next year pencil it in!
  • postierich
    Free Member

#jennride2019 will take happen on the 6th/7th of July, with an adventure film night on the Friday evening, tickets live on the 1st January. All proceeds after costs with be going to St Gemmas Hospice and another cycling related cause TBC, anyone with ideas please contact me must be connected to young people and cycling.

Rich

martinhutch

Top film.

‘the cobbled road of death’  is presumably the climb from Belle Grange? 🙂

sandwicheater

Yeah!

Loved it last year, weather was kind, everyone was friendly, drank way too much beer Friday.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    flyingmonkeycorps

Dammit, I’ll be at a wedding in Scotland.

retrobri
    Free Member

Excellent film and a great weekend!

Cheers for confirming dates Rich and hopefully see us Reading bunch again next year

postierich
    Free Member

Next years loop will involve a loop around Wastwater so hopefully new trails and pubs 🙂

Belle Grange is indeed the vibration white finger descent when rigid 🙂

martinhutch

Next years loop will involve a loop around Wastwater

Oooh! Still from Staveley?

postierich
    Free Member

Yes Martin still from Staveley a more direct route missing out Grasmere and a few other favourite BWs. Still 100 miles with those wanting to do a shorter 50 route turning at Coniston.

Andy

Not done this yet and really do want to do it, so in the calendar

Tiger6791

Oooooh I’m famous!

(well I was in it twice for about 0.0005 seconds 🙂 )

scotroutes

Dammit – there’s a duathlon on the Saturday that I’m planning to do. I’ll have to make mind up….

jimxc
    Free Member

Sounds good, hope to be there. Around wastwater….hmmm, maybe a cheeky hikeybikey up Black Sail Pass to say hello to the LL200 guys?

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Be on for some more of  that!

postierich
    Free Member

Jimxc you could say Hi to them at The Wasdale Head Pub sod going up Black Sail save that for the maniacs

postierich
    Free Member

The TBC charity will be

Home

beefy

Excellent!   I have done this on my own before at a very leisurely pace, are there still plenty of folk who adopt this more mortal approach to the ride?

postierich
    Free Member

Yes will always be those who ride as far as possible taking in all the Lake District has to offer not many racing snakes 🙂

thenorthwind

Pencilled it in. With my pen. Definitely one of the best things I’ve done this year.

jeffl

Bugger, just checked the calendar and it’s on the same weekend as the one wedding I’m invited to next year. Looks awesome all, have fun.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Hopeful Rich 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Route has be ridden and its awesome 🙂 but then again I would say that

https://www.strava.com/activities/1984976360

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2aoLsP5]46831101_10157002007076474_7894419704188502016_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

jimxc
    Free Member

Route looks superb Rich. Potential bivvi spot around wast water….means all night at the wasdale pubs and then a huge day two. Looking forward to it.

nedrapier

Ace. It’s in the FunPlanner!  hopefully I’ll be able to make it this year.  No babies due for us around that time, as far as I know!

nedrapier

I like the look of the route.  Fewer options to bail, but I like the more distant out-and-back approach.

sandwicheater

Do i have to follow you Rich to see the route or am i being dim?

postierich
    Free Member

Tweaked route to bring it down to 100 miles

GPSies - Jennride 2019

Bolt

Where do we sign up?

martinhutch

As I posted on the weekend rides threads, that’s a cracker of a route. You get to ride past some of the best bits of the whole Lake District. If I can manage to get through spring uninjured for a change, I’m definitely up for it this time.

postierich
    Free Member

I will knock a website and Facebook event this week sometime entries will be via Eventbrite  on the 1st of January,all the money will go to St Gemmas Hospice 50% and Ride For Charlie 50% thats after costs i.e. a few toilets for the campsite on the Friday night . There will be an Adventure Film night on the Friday night with a Wood fired Van outside Wheelbase with beer supplied by Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery. Alpkit will provide coffee and cake to get you up Jenkins Crag on the way back. There will be 3 routes the Hardcore Lakes 200(km) #jennride100 (miles) and a mini #jennride70 (miles)

Rich

martinhutch

Done! That’s cheered me up a bit…

djflexure

Every year I enter but never come – perhaps this year will be different?

postierich
    Free Member

Hope so DJ this years 100 will be one hell of a ride!!! there is a 70 route @ a very convienant spot if you struggle 🙂
    35 entries snapped up already
    Rich

djflexure

Thanks Rich
    Mate and his wife have signed up so have to do it now
    My Mrs says she will do it too – now that there is another lady going

postierich
    Free Member

Lots of ladies take part in the event probably about a 70/30 split.

Poopscoop

Sorry, dumb question time!!

So, being a 2 day event, where is everybody camping/bivvying?

Edit: Also, how fast so tickets usually sell out?

Cheers!

lesgrandepotato

Is there a gps for the 70? Thinking about doing it in a oner again.

whitestone
    Free Member

So, being a 2 day event, where is everybody camping/bivvying?

Wherever you happen to get to at the end of the first day! Last year there were a lot between Stephenson Ground and Walna Scar but that might have been due to the opening times of the cafe in Torver!

postierich
    Free Member

To have a fairly comfortable day 2 I would be looking at around Boot area the 70 in a oner will be a tough ask be very doable 🙂 the first 35 miles its pretty easy going
    GPSies - jennride 70 2019

52 entries have been taken

lesgrandepotato

Thats looking a good chunk tougher than the fifty this year. We got round that in about 9 hrs I think. Walna scar road at about half distance 🙂 that’s going to smart a bit!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘#jennride2018 video and new date for next year pencil it in!’ is closed to new replies.