Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • #jennride 2019 its a wrap
  • postierich
    Free Member

240 riders enjoyed the trails and great  weather around the Lakes  over the 2 days, last riders back at 10.25pm on the  Sunday. Looks like the bike packing crowd want to do it again so until next year. It will be held in July again date to be confirmed .

66516445_10156005554106572_8038758943528321024_o

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtTaqn]66275432_10156005554271572_517395571774849024_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtTaw4]66046998_10156005558916572_6599946170678640640_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtSVQG]66046210_10157564817436474_6637608957940596736_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtSye9]66112423_10157564826591474_5552394773781807104_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtSVJj]66022677_10157564827011474_7709435346785665024_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

qwerty
    Free Member

I fancy this, currently accumulating some kit as I did have nowt, looked like a fantastic weekend. A very well done for putting on such a great event, for a great cause & pleasing the weather god’s

Houns

Awesome Rich! I will be there next year

martinhutch

Ooh, a pic of me mincing down Walna! 🙂

Cheers for a great weekend, Rich.

whitestone
    Free Member

Thanks for that Rich had a great time even if the body is moaning a bit this morning!

Did Stu Taylor’s lad (on back of the tandem) have his mini-ghetto blaster going all the way round? He was entertaining us with it on the ferry crossing.

dazh

Thanks Rich. Great weekend as always. It’ll be first on the list again next year. Reckon you can find some steeper and rockier trails for next year? 🙂

Andy

Well done Rich. Brilliant event and weather. Did the 100, finished at 9.30pm last night. Feeling slightly broken today. See you next year!

johnx2
    Free Member

Did Stu Taylor’s lad (on back of the tandem) have his mini-ghetto blaster going all the way round? He was entertaining us with it on the ferry crossing.

I can confirm that just when you thought you’d finally dropped them, the approaching sounds of Ed Sheeran told you they were creeping back up, creating huge incentive to pedal harder…

(Seriously seriously impressive riding that on a tandem, even with the assistance of child labour on the back.)

Anyway, superb weekend and a brilliant route – thanks Rich, (and for the torch also, my first ever random prize). Really enjoyed the riding. As a bikepacking novice I should have packed deet and we should have avoided bivvying near the Brit 3-peaks (a contrastingly rubbish challenge) route up Scafell Pike, loud groups going up right through the night…

martinhutch

As a bikepacking novice I should have packed deet and we should have avoided bivvying near the Brit 3-peaks (a contrastingly rubbish challenge) route up Scafell Pike, loud groups going up right through the night…

You’d have had to keep going a while to find silence. I could still party along with the ‘EskFest’ main stage from the other side of Harter Fell.

the approaching sounds of Ed Sheeran told you they were creeping back up,

The Horror! The Horror!

They rode past my tent at about 11, I think, it was certainly pitch black. They had no lights and there were some comments about the depth of the bog…Zach is clearly made of tougher stuff than me.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Decent ride that, thanks for organising! New stuff, old favourites and one of two bits I’d gladly never see again. The descent into Wasdale was a cheeky little number – how many riders went OTB down there? Walna Scar was predictably ace, as was the return descent into the Duddon Valley and Parkamoor in the morning.

Gorgeous weather on the Saturday. Everybody, even those suffering various ills, seemed really cheerful and good to catch up with a few people in the pub!

Slightly wished I’d thought a little harder, left the bivvy kit and some of the food at home and taken lights instead. I reckon I’d have been back at Staveley for midnight – genuinely hadn’t occurred to me I could do something like that in a oner.

Same time next year…?

(I was the guy on the orange Soul btw)

dienamic

Thanks for organising another great weekend Rich. I’m tired out today but well worth it. If I ever hear ‘Old Town Road’ coming from a bike ever again though….. 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

66321572_10157564826351474_4237265114752876544_n<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

postierich
    Free Member

#JennRide 2019 – Sat 06 + Sun 07 July 2019Bikepacking event with 2 rides to chose from, a 100 mile 14,500ft or a…

Posted by Wheelbase Cycles on Sunday, July 7, 2019

whitestone
    Free Member

Slightly wished I’d thought a little harder, left the bivvy kit and some of the food at home and taken lights instead. I reckon I’d have been back at Staveley for midnight – genuinely hadn’t occurred to me I could do something like that in a oner.

Two years ago I rode through – part of my training for the HT550 – took just over 15hrs. This time as with the other editions I intended to bivy, only adds a kilo to the weight, and it meant I rode back from Boo Tarn/Walna Scar with my wife.

There’s the old alpine climbers’ adage: “if you take bivy kit, you’ll end up needing it!”

Surprisingly midge free really, they just started at about 2030 as I was leaving the Newfield and early Sunday morning as we were just finishing packing up the bivy. Just as well because my Smidge ran out at that point!

Oh, Did Ton get back OK from The Newfield? He was in a bit of bruised state when I last saw him.

postierich
    Free Member

Tony got a taxi that would have cost ££££££££s

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Big thanks to Rich for another cracking event / weekend. That route was tough but really good some great riding.
    I really wasn’t sure if I was in the frame of mind the 100 mile route but I’m glad I / we pushed on. Amazing what a good plate of pub grub can do!

postierich
    Free Member

I think walking up Walna at 12.00am is better as you can not see how far you have to go  unless there are several helmet lights flickering about. The scene on the other side was incredible body bags every where on any bit of flat grass 🙂

Big Tony superstar 🙂

66306175_10156005560371572_3370748556477464576_o<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

rubymurry
    Free Member

Cracking ride thanks Rich, can’t wait until next year 👍

weeksy

NEver made one of these, but massive respect for the time and efforts involved..

Well done !

tall_martin

It was another great weekend 🙂

Thanks for organising it again 🙂

How much did you raise for charity this year?

postierich
    Free Member

Adventure Bike night Donations £505 going to Prostrate Cancer UK

Ride for Charlie foundation £2000

St Gemmas Hospices looking at around £2500 got a few bills to pay and not had the final payout from Eventbrite yet.

Have not looked at the just giving site recently 🙂

These two did the full course 100 miles

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stuart-taylor62?fbclid=IwAR3QKsztx3ycVGl6A9e49DaCOGx5ljc4k_qPxqPEfPnm7mgu7JvUNG8VoLA&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_content=Stuart-Taylor62&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_source=Facebook&utm_term=8Vr2GErEM

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gtSyk1]66330022_10156005569251572_4826248329539092480_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

postierich
    Free Member

TomHill
    Free Member

Rich, thanks again for organising. Each and every Jennride has been special for its own reasons, but I think the route on this one was the best yet.

It was amazing to see so many riders out, every one with a smile on their face. Even better to know that as a result of your effort a substantial amount of money has been raised for three brilliant causes. It was great to see Nick and Sarah Craig riding – Jenn and Charlie continue to inspire.

I’m looking forward to next year already! Tom

View this post on Instagram

#Jennride 2019. I’m not sure how to begin describing how important this event is to me. I can’t think of a more fitting way to remember Jenn. Huge thanks to @richard.munro.7547 for all his organising ••• Went back to riding the route in a oner this year… and got a rude awakening to the severity of a few additions… instead of rolling in not long after sunset, it took until sunrise. The extra time on the hills was well spent though, passing through so many of my favourite Lakeland locations, catching up with friends and sharing the trails with great company ••• Thanks to @jennytough for the company and for not tearing my legs off too much ••• Planned route on @komoot – go ride it, it’s an absolute beauty ••• #forjenn

A post shared by Tom Hill (@24tom) on

big_scot_nanny

Looks amazing, would love to join next year, hats off to all involved

ton

i have entered 2 jennrides now, both times i have failed to get round, 1st time was pre hip replacement, this time a crash just before my planned evening stop on saturday.
    i was gonna pack in offroad riding after saturday, but shit to that.
    making a vow to get round next year.
    saturday was awesome.

well done postie.

brennak

Good on you Tony, I questioned doing another one I felt a bit broken Monday and today as it takes a bit longer to recover mid sixties but enjoyed the 2 days and especially for such good causes, but as you say shit to that. (Kevin from the Church in Torver) and well done Rich another successful Jennride

djflexure

Loved it as did my wife and friends
    Tough course but we made it round in one piece
    Thank you Rich
    Will post photos in due course but it was the Lakes at its best

postierich
    Free Member

Robbo

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gv7nAT]66528972_10157569052891474_6167175490588114944_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

robbo1234biking

Cheers Rich. Great weekend. Just a shame we got eaten by the mozzies. In hindsight we should have started ascending walna scar to get away from them but at the time that didn’t feel like an option!

postierich
    Free Member

No midge where I was but risked live and limb riding down there at night

retrobri
    Free Member

Thanks again Rich, another cracking weekend. Really great vibe as usual and some super riding. Also nice to chat with the Craigs over a pint Saturday night (such nice people)

charliemort

couldn’t make it – could you lot stop posting stuff about it! gutted

postierich
    Free Member

Weekend of the 4th of July 2020 for the next instalment

postierich
    Free Member

Due to miss communication with the embroidery company would anyone want one of these at cost?

Probably £4.50 with postage

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gx5Pst]Richard Munro x2pr[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

rubymurry
    Free Member

Yes I’ll have one, I was wondering if you’d forgot to put them out 👍

thenorthwind

Love the badges. I would have one straight off you but would feel a bit of a fraud having not made it that far.

postierich
    Free Member

17 badges left did you earn one or ride some of the route paypal gift me £5.50 posted

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gMU1Vf]68591501_10157628215201474_7085566543605530624_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘#jennride 2019 its a wrap’ is closed to new replies.