Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Jeez! I'm speechless
  • atlaz
    Free Member

The riders were on an organised ride, directed by the police.

Not according to the police in the articles I’ve read.

p8ddy
    Free Member

Aracer…

Ah, so it was the police directing them to ride on pavements, filter between cars at highway speeds, cut up other road users etc. and it’s all their fault? This thread just keeps giving.

You and Scuzz do realise this thread isn’t simply a vehicle for you guys to demonstrate you’ve both read the Ladybird book of Interweb Sarcasm, right?

If you want to make infantile remarks fine, please, keep me out of it though.

The ride was an organised, yearly event. The Police knew about it in advance and were directing riders – mainly because the bikers wanted to “reclaim” Times Square or some such and the Police didn’t want gridlock in NY – especially gridlock by a bunch of asshat bikers. The riders didn’t “apply” to hold the event because there was no requirement to do so.

The fact they were riding like morons has been accepted by all parties on STW.

p8ddy
    Free Member

Atlaz…

Not according to the police in the articles I’ve read.

It wasn’t a Policed event. But it was an organised yearly event. Arranged in advance. The Police knew about it and watched for when it was happening because, frankly, the bikers are a PITA. There was no requirement to notify Police in advance, or ask for permission however.

They directed riders away from the City onto the highways.

p8ddy
    Free Member

peterfile

Oddly, like other drivers seem to have done.
    I wonder whether the Range Rover was singled out to some extent?

Yeah. The facts before the collision are still somewhat vague. Some reports saying the driver was “exasperated” by bikers pulling wheelies etc. I guess though, depending on the agenda that people are wanting to push, there will be many different opinions.

Let’s be honest, as a biker, if you’re going to pick a vehicle to try to dominate, turn the tables a bit, a flash Range Rover would probably be high up your list. Still leaves the question of whether the RR had been driving like a muppet beforehand and bringing more unwanted attention.

Tempered by the fact it’s a vehicle I’d least like to be run over by. 😀

I was also wondering how much the drivers choice of vehicle coloured his actions? For example, I’m reckoning he wouldn’t have tried driving over the bikes if he’d been in a Nissan Micra rather than the RR. Then again, it maybe does the driver a dis-service – Ie if he was in a blind panic it may not have mattered. There does seem to be a correlation between bad driving and how safe drivers feel in their vehicle though (with the notable exception of these suicidal, nutjob bikers).

Hopefully all the facts will come out, but ATM neither side comes out of this with anything approaching credit.

Markie
    Free Member

but ATM neither side comes out of this with anything approaching credit.

I’d disagree with you here. Based on the limited evidence we have (ie one video), the driver behaved reasonably.

He has an accident involving a biker (which seems likely to have been the biker’s fault). He stops. He and his family are threatened. He attempts to escape. Bar the accident, all those actions are reasonable.

You can say he should’ve avoided the bikers… separate issue. He was there, they were there, they are the ones who created and escalated the situation. He reacted to it well.

ell_tell
    Free Member

I know the person that posted the vid remains anonymous but judging from the footage its going to be a biker isnt it? Therefore interesting to note why a fellow biker would have posted this online, to side with the driver, as lets face it the footage doesn’t portray the bikers in a particularly positive light.

p8ddy
    Free Member

Markie…

I’d disagree with you here. Based on the limited evidence we have (ie one video), the driver behaved reasonably.

He reacted to it well.

I hope to never have to share a road with you, or be a passenger in a vehicle of any sort with you.

I’m afraid I’m sticking with neither side coming out of this with any credit.

I suspect I shouldn’t be feeding the troll.

p8ddy
    Free Member

ell_tell…

It was shot by a biker called Gixxer. He was arrested and later released without charge.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people – especially those bikers.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Jeez! I'm speechless’ is closed to new replies.