Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Jeb Corliss Breaks legs
  • derekrides
    Free Member
    geordiemick00
    Free Member

that’s his first warning…… heal well

ollie
    Free Member

I suppose It was only a matter of time till something went wrong or judged wrong, At least he escaped with his life. The guy Is a complete loon.

sputnik
    Free Member

Happened in Cape Town. Table Mountain, although a mountain, is not anything like an alpine mountain. Not high enough in my opinion.

Just saw the vid, cameraman made it ( was next to Jeb ). Apparently made a successful jump day before. In the vid you can see that the wind was pumping, always is in CT. Not a good venue for this sort of thing imo.

richc
    Free Member

I wonder if his sports insurance will cover him? ……..

TheFlyingOx

Isn’t Jeb Corliss the chap who saw a wingsuited mate separated into his component parts by a bridge handrail a few years back? You’d have thought that might have put him off.

DezB
    Free Member

Do’you think he knew there was an injury risk?

toys19
    Free Member

If you watch the close up he smacks a rock over a ridge and tumbles, lucky he managed to deploy his chute, quick thinking. Pain landing with broken legs.

Nucking futters. I’ve always said why jump out/off of a perfectly good plane/bridge/cliff etc…

billysugger
    Free Member

That guy is the definition of a box of frogs.

Wingsuit flight to double front flip.

ollie
    Free Member

Isn’t Jeb Corliss the chap who saw a wingsuited mate separated into his component parts by a bridge 

yep thats him. **** eejit.

toys19
    Free Member

Isn’t Jeb Corliss the chap who saw a wingsuited mate separated into his component parts by a bridge handrail a few years back?

Just reading this makes me feel sick.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup ^ that was the over and under attempt I think!! He has balls of iron!!

ollie
    Free Member

Not for the faint hearted.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvjgvXcxMsU[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member

lucky boy, the margin for error at those speeds and with limited control, nuts. lucky to it wasn’t a misjudgement of one those “man holding balloon” stunts.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there was a documentary on him a while ago – he has a bit of a death wish anyway, something to do with his upbringing.

M6TTF
    Free Member

crash movie is private view now

billysugger
    Free Member

I’ll never understand the sort of person that wants to watch another human die. Don’t get it

coffeeking
    Free Member

there was a documentary on him a while ago – he has a bit of a death wish anyway, something to do with his upbringing.

That’s interesting, I saw the same documentary and didn’t read it that way.

I’ll never understand the sort of person that wants to watch another human die. Don’t get it

It’s actually a fairly universal human nature thing, though when you ask people outright they’d say they don’t want to watch – they tend to want to anyway, I believe psychologists have claimed it has something to do with survival hardcoding – i.e. see how someone else died so you don’t. It explains,I suppose, why you will watch these things while still cringing and then its more likely than ever to replay in your head if you’re ever stood at the top of a cliff. Not quite the same as watching someone die quietly on the floor from being shot and as such I’d estimate you get fewer people wanting to view such things.

Personally I can understand the “you’d think that’d put him off” crowd, and the “idiot” crowd point of view, but I still think admire his willingness to do these things and wish I could have a go in a wingsuit (despite or maybe because of having height fear issues).

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k
    For anyone who doesn’t know how unhinged he is – this is probably his best Video, IMO.

atlaz
    Free Member

That’s interesting, I saw the same documentary and didn’t read it that way.

Me neither. I read it as he was a bit of a **** and blamed it himself on his very nice, comfortable middle class childhood. Whereas as far as the documentary indicated, his parents splitting up was as civilised as is possible and his home life was quite placid.

coffeeking
    Free Member

At the end of the day people do what they enjoy, or at least they should. If he enjoys this – leave him to it, he’s harming no-one. I respect the fact that he’s admitted that he’s just as scared as the next person when he’s about to jump, clearly the thrill is THAT good.

ocrider

I read it as he was a bit of a **** and blamed it himself on his very nice, comfortable middle class childhood.

This. Never really got past the teenage rebel stage, just amplified it to the extreeeeme.

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t have any issue with what he does, just that he blames his deathwish (he’s admitted he has one) on his family. He had a VERY teenage “If I couldnt do this I would KILL MYSELF” rant at his mum in the documentary and a quite “You’re not my real dad” rant when his stepdad told him to give his mum the respect she deserves.

So, in summary. Big balls. Gobshite.

BruceWee

So what you’re saying is that from a single statement in an interview you have managed to deduce his entire motivation for doing what he does? And that he is obviously a gobshite?

Not sure if it’s the same interview you guys watched but I saw one where he talked about dealing with depression and eventually deciding that if he was going to kill himself he might as well achieve something while he was doing it. Therefore he took up base jumping and through that found ways to deal with his depression.

I find the ability to take such negative emotions and turn them into something positive to be quite inspirational myself.

stanley

Didn’t see that coming :-/

schrickvr6
    Free Member

At least he’s stable and expected to make pretty much a full recovery.

I remember the interview/documentary I saw about him a while back and he said he didn’t blame the way he was on anyone but he was just wired differently, suffered depression and if he wasn’t having near death experiences on a regular basis would rather be dead, good on him I say, living life to the max….

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s the same interview you guys watched but I saw one where he talked about dealing with depression and eventually deciding that if he was going to kill himself he might as well achieve something while he was doing it. Therefore he took up base jumping and through that found ways to deal with his depression.

I find the ability to take such negative emotions and turn them into something positive to be quite inspirational myself.

Thats what I took from it as well.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Jeb Corliss Breaks legs’ is closed to new replies.