Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Jeans for the chunky thighed gentleman
  • Mush
    Free Member

My current jeans are looking pretty battered and I'm struggling to find a decent fitting replacement. While I'm a way off Chris Hoy's tree trunks, a life of rugby playing and out-of-the-saddle pedal stomping has resulted in chunkier thighs than average for someone my size and weight.

My previous pairs have been from Diesel (32 waist, 31 leg) but I tried some on the other day in a regular fit which were either too tight on my abnormal thighs or absurdly loose on my waist.

Any brand suggestions from the similarly afflicted?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i just gave up trying to fit into jeans, some might say i invented the 'wearing your sisters jeans' hipster look about 10 years ago when my thighs reached critical mass

backhander
    Free Member

I wear the Diesel Kurrens. They're not baggy, but not as tight as most and I've tried a few.

kimbers

i find the more fashionable brands have always been biased against those with chunky thighs

i imagine its even worse now the russel brand look is in

i found some in Next that fit very well so went an bought a load of them in slightly different styles

thegreatape
    Free Member

Fat Face aren't too bad for this problem.

ton

red herring do mansize jeans. fit me and my thighs are like normal peoples waists……. 😆

tails
    Free Member

Go down your local trendy shop and have a chat. In my nearest city (cambridge) there is a shop called dogfish and a chap in there who is very passionate and knowledgeable about denim. From his info I bought some nudie jeans – easy emil cut.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Get relaxed or loose fit. Can't fit into regular legs personally but these fit me a treat.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Calling CFH, calling CFH!
    Where should a manly gent ^^^^ head to if in need?

CountZero

If you don't have some sort of bias, then I can recommend Howies Tomproof jeans. They're fairly loose fitting around the thigh, with inserts down the inside leg to strengthen them. They're really heavy 14oz denim, and they smell just like old Levi 501's. Be careful where you sit, they're natural indigo dye, which will come off on any light coloured furnishings. They have a neat double back pocket so you can carry some money or keys without risking losing them. Got mine 20% off, like them so much I'm going to buy some more.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Lee Brooklyn jeans fit well and are dirt cheap.

zaskar
    Free Member

Go to the Mall on a day off and take a lady with you.

Try on as many as she likes but make sure she has a good eye and some class.

Sorted.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Fat Face are good as someone else said or Animal or Oakley.
    Sometimes wish I had chicken legs be so much easier 😆

simon_g

Uniqlo "natural fit" are spot on for me. But they only seem to stock them a couple of months of the year, the rest of the time it's either stupidly skinny or a very baggy "relaxed" fit.

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Fat Face and Howies, loose fit!!

WBC

Not cutting edge fashion but M&S 'Luxury' jeans get over my monster thighs and ass without having to resort to buying some that hang off my waist.

Also some styles in GAP have fitted in the past.

carbon337
    Free Member

Im also looking for something like this, those Howies jeans look nice but not at £85!! Anything out there similar in styling – loose fit, dark indigo with nice detail for any less £?

steve_b77
    Free Member

G-star do jeans that'll fit even Sir Chris of Hoy

binners

Fox jeans are really loose. They describe their slimfit as 'slim but forgiving'. Thats the diplomatic way of saying 'Yes… you'll fit in them too fatty

http://www.stif.co.uk/shop/mb_software_products.asp?name=Jeans%20/%20Pants&cat=124&store=mtb

Coyote
    Free Member

Fat Face and G-Star have some more relaxed fit.

carbon337
    Free Member

WTF – Gstar

Im getting old!

Saccades
    Free Member

YSL.

BillMC

Blimey those GSTAR jeans look like jodhpurs. Do people pay or get paid to wear them?

prettygreenparrot

Alpkit's regular style 'Jeanius' jeans should be roomy enough. Classed as a 'regular' fit they are at the looser end. And they're weatherproof epic cotton. And fairly priced compared to most posing brands.

You can often pick Howies up in their sales. Howies jeans are 'organic' cotton and made in 'nice' factories. I have some Howies jeans that are still going strong after a few years. I'd buy more if I hadn't found the Alpkit ones to be just right.

You could always try going for 34" waist to get them roomier all round?

househusband

I've bought several pairs of Carhartt trousers and jeans over the past few years, on eBay from the US. Means I don't have to go up a waist size just to fit my thighs.

clubber
    Free Member

ex-rower with the sane problem here…

Gap worker
    river island boot cut
    French connection boot cut
    crafted from republic

oh and as suggested, it's often worth going a waist size bigger than needed.

Mush
    Free Member

Thanks for the good responses. Lots of suggestions for me to check out there. Both Howies and Next (quite some time ago) have worked for me in the past.

The problem with going a waist size up is that it necessitates the use of a belt to take up the slack and the excess material bunches up underneath. That's just not cool.

Tails, I'm sure there are plenty of suitably trendy shops around my part of West London, so far I've restricted my efforts to Westfield and that alone was enough to give me a nosebleed from the tedium.

Thanks again.

Hareydan
    Free Member

Get down to Debenhams and try on some John Rocha ones, relaxed fit I think. I went to every surf shop in a 20 mile radius (possibly…) to try and find some cool jeans that would fit over my thighs without any luck. They were on offer when I bought them, 2 for £50 which isn't too bad, plenty of colour options too.

jam-bo

fat face twisted are good and a third of the price of levi twisted.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I used to wear 'comfort fit' jeans in my weight training days…for fat people really….

danridesbikes
    Free Member

lvc's

TimP
    Free Member

Gap no longer do Worker – only ones I could get into and get things in my pockets. Got some slightly less loose ones that are OK from them, but can't for the life of me remember what they are called, sorry

JtotheP68
    Free Member

Those Gstar ones are called carrot fit apparently. They look and really bad in an 80's way, or am I just getting old?

Grimy
    Free Member

I have the same trouble, and like you said the fashion at the minute is skiny weedy mincer boy jeans that sit so low they only just hide your hampton.

The last few pairs I've found to fit ok are some relaxed fit Jeff Banks from debenhams, and some worker jeans from Burtons that have loads of room in them and stil look quite smart when on, usefull side pockets too, but they arnt blue. http://www.burton.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20553&storeId=12551&categoryId=178535&parent_category_rn=63408&productId=1352157&langId=-1

Gaps worker jeans are also good if you can find a colour you like, but they dont have much shape to them.

The best pair I have at the minute are some from Matalan of all places, G73 or something the branding. Again, loads of room in the thigh, with ankles that dont look like there shrunk on, a nice bit of shaping around the knee.

The best jeans only ever turn up when your not really looking. Even now Ive got 4 pairs on the go, and if I walk in a shop with the missus, ill head over to the jeans and just see what they've got and then stockpile them if I find anything. Ill gaurentee youll find nothing when you actually need a pair.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Go to tk maxx and try on loads of pairs. Most will be too tight but then you'll find something nice by ralph lauren or gstar or similar.
    Or try longer cuts and then get them taken up.

clubber
    Free Member

hampton

Nice, never heard that one. Ever been there (the Wick)?

AlexBerry
    Free Member

Howies are brilliant, and they do a Jean with a fleece pyjama lining!!!!! OUTSTANDING!! (and i've got big thighs as well)

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Jeans for the chunky thighed gentleman’ is closed to new replies.