Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Jeans
  • Marin
    Free Member

Modus climbing jeans from Prana. Last pair lasted about 3 years. They were my only jeans and took a lot of stick.

peterfile
    Free Member

will you have to pay import duties?

I’ll have to pay VAT, but doubt it will trigger import duties.

jimmy

nemesis – Member
    Next loose fit are good for cyclist legs without looking like Madness Baggy Trousers

No no no. I used to think this, then saw a guy at work in loose trousers and thought “jeez he looks like a 90’s dad”. Now I’m not exactly down with the kids, but I had a sudden realisation how uncool all my loose fit trousers I’ve been wearing for 20 years are.

Went to next, tried the slim (ffs not skinny) jeans and haven’t looked back. Bikers’ arse and legs look much better in jeans that taper with our legs rather than try and cover the whole lot up.

Gok x

Edit; Next had tonnes of good jeans new range £20-35 after Christmas, meant to go back after pay day to get some. T he y last well too.

sideshowdave
    Free Member

made in the uk Next Indigo Selvedge Jeans for not a bad price.

mrben101
    Free Member

If you are looking at spending Huit prices check out Tellason too. Been a great pair of jeans. Unbranded are good for cheap selvage. I’m a selvage convert – they seem to last many months longer than standard organic denim on me and if you wear through them they are worth repairing.

If you are near Birmingham http://www.liquorstoreclothing.com are worth a visit. Lots of denim in to try (inc Huit) and they really know their stuff.

sadexpunk

havent seen it mentioned yet but i usually get mine from m&m.

hora
    Free Member

Having read the ‘buy cheap/no point in spending’- my sale/good jeans last many years each. So I’d rather buy something at least vaguely nice that I know will last than cheap Tesco jobbies. I’ve no idea how Diesel etc treat their suppliers but I doubt £6 jeans suppliers to Tescos are treated respectfully and ethically. Especially some of the stories you hear on this.

bobbyspangles

Jeans must be the dullest form of lally covering known, especially jeans bores. Why on gods earth a pair might cost over £200 is incredible. They must be the least effective form of sartorial expression known to man.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jeans must be the dullest form of lally covering known, especially jeans bores. Why on gods earth a pair might cost over £200 is incredible. They must be the least effective form of sartorial expression known to man.

Don’t forget that you must also tell everyone how much they cost and how proud you are that you don’t wash the .

That last one is a genuine WTF for me.

Hygiene?

hora
    Free Member

I can see both sides of the argument. The people who spend minimal- what is their likes/what do they like to indulge alittle? We all do. The people who just cant see it blind themselves to what they also indulge.

Shopping the other week I walked out with my Replay jeans bargain. Friend says ‘clothes dont do it for me at all/functional’…he drives a nice Audi 😀

All blokes should have a pride in their clothes. Unless you are in a longterm relationship or longterm single 😆

razorrazoo

bobbyspangles – Member

I’m sure people say the same about spending £2K+ on a bike!

Like bikes, you want a cheap pair made in the far east you pay peanuts, if you want a pair hand made by a small volume manufacturer out of specific denim to a specific fit and style you pay for the privilege.

Personally if I had the money I’d spend it on premium denim, but outside of work I live in jeans.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I like Howies’ jeans, but generally end up buying Next ones as the Wife getting them for me – I can only wear the loose fit ones though because of my thighs so I end up with jeans tight-ish on the thighs and saggy on the arse.

hora
    Free Member

because of my thighs

I’ve seen this quite alot on here. Are STW’ers professional powerlifters?

Cyclists dont need massive thighs – rare occurrence in pro pelaton but really?

wwaswas

The issue seems to be the assumption of waist to thigh size that manufacturers make.

I have a 32″ waist but for most jeans makers that seems to lead to the assumption that my thighs will be like bits of string and my bum the size of a walnut.

I don’t have huge thighs by any means but clearly my proportions don’t fit ‘the norm’

hora
    Free Member

That makes sense with a 32 waist- from their point of view.

I’m a 34 and find most jeans are fine at this size prob cause they realise semi-biffa’s will be proportionally more elsewhere too- even the so-called ‘slim fit’ fit me.

wrecker
    Free Member

Unbranded are good for cheap selvage. I’m a selvage convert – they seem to last many months longer than standard organic denim on me and if you wear through them they are worth repairing.

I have a pair of these too. The denim is actually very good (better than nudie selvedge) but the manufacturing is real, really awful. The stitching looks like it’s been done by drunken cobblers.

thomthumb
    Free Member

because of my thighs

I’ve seen this quite alot on here. Are STW’ers professional powerlifters?

Cyclists dont need massive thighs – rare occurrence in pro pelaton but really?

gunt room

isto
    Free Member

Anyone tried Uniqlo selvedge jeans? They are supposed to slightly stretch so might be ok fitting for slim jeans.

ElShalimo

because of my thighs

This is a feeble excuse.
    A more imaginative one is “I’ve got a big arse… ‘cos you need a big hammer to knock in a nail this big. Form a queue ladies“.
    Go on try it, I dare you !!

martinxyz
    Free Member

If you like a softer denim than the likes of a rock hard selvedge that you can barely move in for the first 4 months, then Denim Demon have great quality denim that last for ages. The crotch point in so many jeans over the years tends to stress and fray so easily (maybe amongst cyclists even more so?) but the dense weave of a quality denim seems to outlast crap that retails around 35quid by at least 4 times. They fade over a long period of time and for me, one of the nicest things is how much more wind resistant they are! Cheap jeans around 20-30quid from Next aren’t jeans. They are cotton trousers with a few man made fades designed to look like jeans. Splash out on something around £60 more (in the sale) and consider them the best 60 quid you’ve ever spent. You can pick up £120 quid denim that will last you over the next 5 years easily for around £70 if you are lucky enough to find it in the right size.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Jeans’ is closed to new replies.