Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Jawbone style glasses
  • shanta
    Free Member

Anybody know where i can get some Fakely Jawbones in the UK. Loads on Ebay but all China based.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Just order from china.
    I’ve had no problems.

crikey
    Free Member

‘Loads on Ebay but all China based’

That’s where you get them from. Oakley have an extremely robust approach to anyone making fakes, so the places that make them tend to be in places where Oakley can’t get them.

shanta
    Free Member

I know they are all made in China…used to be a few chaps in the UK thought selling them.. Only want UK based as i need them quick.

crikey
    Free Member

‘Only want UK based as i need them quick.’

The only ones you can buy in the UK are Chinese ones that someone else has brought over. Just buy from the source; no-one needs fake specs quick

iain1775
    Free Member

Ones from china will arrive a long time before any sun, what’s the rush 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’ve got some fake Jawbones, OP. Will drop you a line…….

shanta
    Free Member

Obviously Uk ones have come from China! My point is i need them quick (a gift for my lads birthday) and its obvioulsy quicker if they are sent from UK rather than China.

crikey
    Free Member

Sweet jebus…

No one will admit or advertise fake Oakleys from a UK site or shop because Oakley will take them to court and make them pay lots of money for being naughty.

Do you understand this?

crikey
    Free Member

…and if he is your lad, you’ve known when his birthday is for a number of years now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hurrah for counterfeit goods! Are you going to buy him a fake Rolex too? Perhaps a knock off iPad next year? Hey, those little kids in the factories need to get paid, so you keep funding that illicit supply chain!

shanta
    Free Member

Oh i see the usual STW crowd have joined in.Lol…thanks to those who tried to be helpful, much appreciated.

And why would i spend £200 on sunglasses for my lad to loose, break etc prob within a month.Thats the reaon HE wants fakelys specifically, that and because his mates got some.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

here are you fake oakleys son, happy birthday…

your going to tell him right? 😀

Speshpaul

Fakleys for the kids to hoon about with seems fair enough to me.
    mine took about three weeks.
    quality wise, i’ve got Jawbones and radars, one pair is fake and the other is real, you wouldn’t be able to tell which.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I don’t really get the Chinese Oakleys thing – the only ones I’ve seen on Ebay look visibly dodgy just from the pictures. Do any of them actually look convincing in the flesh, as until they turn up 4 weeks later surely you’re just hoping for the best? 😕

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

he only ones I’ve seen on Ebay look visibly dodgy just from the pictures. Do any of them actually look convincing in the flesh

Depends who you buy them from. I can’t tell the difference between fake and original with mine. It’s mainly the lenses that give them away.
    Oh and shanta, they arrive in a week.

edlong
    Free Member

Do any of them actually look convincing in the flesh

It only matters how “convincing” they are if you are buying them to show off, in which case you deserve to get rumbled and humiliated.

I bought mine because I needed some glasses for riding and they were loads cheaper than any other glasses that looked okay for riding in (given that Aldi weren’t doing bike stuff that month and Decathlon is 40 miles drive). Riding glasses with interchangeable lenses for less than £15? Yes please.

tomhoward

With mine you can’t tell the difference.

On the cost side of proper ones, my parents were the same, wouldn’t buy me Oakleys as I’d only break/lose/get bored of them (they did have a point). In the end I was given some money for my birthday and I bought some with that. I still have them today, 12 years after buying them. People tend to look after nice things. YMMV.

theflatboy
    Free Member

edlong – Member

Riding glasses with interchangeable lenses for less than £15? Yes please.

this is an interesting point you make. so from whom did you (and you, tom) get them?

bumps
    Free Member

Fake glasses? Great if they look like the real thing (apart from being illegal) but if tinted they will fool your eye into thinking the iris can open up more to let more light in and if the lenses don’t do UV protection properly you risk eye damage. Or should I say damage to your son’s eyes.

Personally I’d steer clear.

sweepy
    Free Member

Im no expert, but I think the uv protection concern was addressed last time these were discussed.
    Mine are fake livestrong jawbones so i’m not the only scoundrel, and are very good quality.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Foakleys with real Oakley lenses in is the way forward. The Oakley lenses really are good and actually protect your eyes, unlike the ones from China. I’ve got a set of glasses that work as well as real Oakleys for half the price.

theflatboy
    Free Member

from? (the china element?)

headfirst
    Free Member

dx. But why follow the crowd when you can be a fashion leader???

http://dx.com/p/fashionable-outdoor-cycling-sunglasses-goggle-black-yellow-revo-185772

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

My Jawbone’s came come China. No issues what so ever.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member

What do you mean?

simmy
    Free Member

I got a pair of the Livestrong Fakeleys and they are good quality but I have put genuine lenses in which do make a big difference.

Has anyone got a link to the E Bay ones or any search terms as I’d like a pair in Black or Grey now as I think the Yellow ones are a little OTT now lol

theflatboy
    Free Member

getonyourbike – Member

theflatboy – Member
    What do you mean?

what seller did you get them from on ebay?

chief9000
    Free Member

I tend to agree with bumps. If you gonna go fake, at least get your son some real lenses. You want to be protecting his eyes from UV its really important.

chief9000
    Free Member

old on a minute!

I just checked on ebya and these specs seem to till cost an arm and a leg on there.

How much are you guys normally paying for fakasslys??

tomhoward

Theflatboy, um, the classifieds on here 🙂

tomhoward

Double post

shanta
    Free Member

@ bump – they wont last long enough to damge my lads eyes, trust me.

Just ordered some nice all white ones from China, watch this space….

fd3chris
    Free Member

Last time these were discussed the point of uv was brought up and most people said the cheap lenses protected you fine as the plastic used was uv rated.I have both and you can just tell the difference but the cost is the biggest factor.

retro83
    Free Member

I got mine from zhaoxu2009 on ebay. Really good but I’d prefer it if they were styled slightly differently and without the O logo on the carry case because they’re actually pretty decent glasses and under £20 delivered.

theflatboy
    Free Member

quite tempting, hadn’t been interested before but for the price interchangeable lenses biking glasses that don’t look like they’re from a GCSE workshop would be useful!

mangoridebike

I think someone on here did a UV test with a faux-kley lens and some others and they were as good as any other

lightman
    Free Member

They were better than some of the cheaper ones sold in shops here!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dx-sunglasses-uv400-testing-results

shanta
    Free Member

Update….

The Fakelys came yesterday and my lad is a very happy bunny. Apparantley the are “dench” and “sick” !I must say for £16 they are bloody ace (white frame with violet iridium) and after reading the test someone did on here about the UV of the lenses they are great quality.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Jawbone style glasses’ is closed to new replies.