Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • January transfer window. Happy?
  • Blackhound

So how was your clubs business during the transfer window. Happy or disappointed?

Derby let one out on loan and no one came in. Was more worried about losing some of the young lads coming through like Hughes, Hendrick or Jacob so have to be happy in the end.

Any WBA /QPR fans in? 😉

plecostomus
    Free Member

Ha the qpr and WBA odemwingie (sp) issue is hilarious I’m happy with everything that lfc did. They just need to pull their fingers out and play well defensively now.

Cletus

City fan here. Glad that Mario has left and that we got most of our money back. It leaves us a bit short up front but hopefully one of the younger lads can step up. Our strikers are misfiring at the moment so there is an opportunity for someone.

In the old days we always had quite a few home grown players and that is something I miss now – only Micah is a first team regular at the moment.

I hope Mario does ok at Milan but have my doubts – if only we could have grafted some Goater or Dickov attitude he could have been awesome.

warton
    Free Member

Newcastle fan. Delighted.

Sissoko may turn out to be the bargain of the season, looks a real class act

Jamie
    Free Member

Arsenal fan checking in.

With Gibbs out for 4-6 years weeks, I am delighted we have bought a decent left back. Anything to keep Santos away from a football pitch.

yossarian
    Free Member

No i’m pretty disgusted at the decision my club has made.

Oxford United fan.

I am however quite amused at the goings on at swindon 😀

binners

I’m happy with everything that lfc did. They just need to pull their fingers out and play well defensively now.

Yeah… good luck with that 😆

The Odemwingie farce is indeed hilarious!!! You couldn’t make it up. He’s going to enjoy the rest of the season at West Brom

I reckon ‘Arry is in the process of getting QPR to do a Leeds. Saddling the club with some huge salaries that they’re still going to have to pay when they’ve gone down to the Championship. While he swans off to spank some other clubs money

Even as a Man Yoo fan I’m sorry to see Super Mario go. His bonkers-ness will be sorely missed

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Having a signing ban means transfer windows aren’t very exciting at the moment 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Glad that Mario has left and that we got most of our money back

You can see him wasting his immense talent sadly and you did well to get rid tbh
    I suspect he is unmanagable and will continue to be either world class or a petulant donkey with little between these extremes

Good business there from City.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Villa fan. What do you think? 😉

binners

At least you’ve managed to keep hold of Benteke. I thought you’d have offloaded Bent. Though thinking about it, i can’t see anyone shelling out even half what you paid for him. Lambert might actually have to give him a game at this rate 😉

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I thought Bent was going – there was a rumour going round that Bent & Kenwyne Jones were going to swap.
    I think we’ve made a vital signing – a youngster from the French 2nd Division is just what a club fighting relegation needs 😉

hora
    Free Member

Neil Danns. Erm

epicsteve
    Free Member

Having a signing ban means transfer windows aren’t very exciting at the moment

Same here. Not that we really need any more players at the moment as the league is pretty much won.

hammerite
    Free Member

Agree Binners. Harry left us lot in that stick too. Ended up with no end of free transfer donkeys being paid millions each year in wages to play in the reserves, Titi Camara anyone? Don’t get the Odemwingie thing apart from wages why would anyone getting a game for a team doing as well as the Baggies want to go to a team that’ll be relegated?

Glad we got Joe Cole, Chamakh can do a job too. Better result was not having any major players going out the door.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Becchio out ti join Snodgrass, Howson and Johnson in deepest darkest Norfolk.

Habibo, unknown quantity; Morison, proven striker at this level, and.Warnock, former England squad member at LB, in. Better than last year. Just hope the latter’s namesake chooses to play them all in their correct positions and keep the ball on the floor, play like we did against Spurs and not like we did against Barnsley. Not too much to ask fir is it?
    MOT

labsey
    Free Member

Toon fan. Think Alan Depardieu made some good buys. As already mentioned, bringing Sissoko in will be great until Liverpool buy him from us.

john_drummer
    Free Member

could be worse, you could be Norwich’s feeder club 🙁

after Leeds, Toon are my second team, and being from Whitley Bay, they’re Mrs_d’s first team

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Another Newcastle fan… Two tough games, the last game turned out ok but the proof of the pudding… In our case we seriously simply just need points… Even our new French team have an uphill struggle! Alpine! We will soon see, probably quarter of a season too late but I hope not.

Mackem

N Diaye – looks like he’ll be a damn good signing. We needed a physical presence in midfield.
    Danny Graham – dont care he’s a mag and tbh I’ve never seen him play but I hope it means we play 2 up front with Sess as a right winger.
    No idea about Magane (sp?) but he’s huge.

Whatever, we seem to have rememebred how to play football lately and with some injured players returning I think we can make top 8 this season.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘January transfer window. Happy?’ is closed to new replies.