Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Janet Street-Porter
  • RustySpanner

I’ve disliked her arrogant and selfish articles in the papers over the years, but having watched her on Celebrity Masterchef recently, she really does come across as an unpleasant piece of work.

The female Piers Morgan?

chojin
    Free Member

She’s more like a male Dara O’ Briain.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

…..Walks into a bar and says, “Can I have a large aperitif? “

Barman replies, “I very much doubt it”

sparksmcguff

Mr Flashheart i had to do the voice to get the joke and now it won’t leave my head ahhhhhhn
    Very funny by the bye.

CountZero

She’s fairly opinionated, but a bit of a sweetie compared to Julie Burchill:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/to-mum-i-was-just-an-inconvenience-says-burchills-son-1104110.html
    I have to keep under control an irrational desire to bunch Burchill in the face. I hated her writing in NME, and nothing she’s ever done or said subsequently has changed my opinion of her as a thoroughly unpleasant human being.

lodious
    Free Member

Took a while to get, but LOLZ at CFH 😉

RustySpanner

Oh, I agree about Burchill.

This is number two in an ongoing series, ‘Massive media bell-ends of our time’:

Julie Burchill on Desert Island Discs.

glupton1976
    Free Member

She could eat an orange through a letter box with those teeth.

sparksmcguff

Rusty Spanner can we make requests? How about doing that horrid excuse for a journalist Liz Jones. Julie Burchill is nothing compared to Liz and Janet Street Porter comes across as positively lovely – when compared to Liz.

grahamh
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlUb8jt0WP0[/video]

matt_outandabout

You could never tire of slapping some people. 😉

somafunk

If we’re doing requests then melanie phillips would be right up the top of my “burn her – she’s a witch” campaign.

As for Janet Street Porter she is quite a good laugh in person and plays up to her public persona rather successfully so i’ll let her be, but as for Julie Burchill?……she runs a very close second to melanie philips in my “witch” campaign and is fair game for abuse.

Pigface
    Free Member

Took me a while to get Flashys pun as well 😆 very good.

Edric64
    Free Member

Liz Jones ? boils my piss .Always whinging about being skint whilst slagging people off who dont dress in designer clothes as she does .Keeps loads of horses (moans about being broke )etc .No wonder the locals on Exmoor didnt like her especially when she wrote about them in the Daily Fail

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rusty – the episode of Celebrity Masterchef that was shot at Warwick Castle had a whole bunch of my mates in it, the reenactors. Ive been complaining since Wednesday that they had sharp knives, were in striking distance of the harridan yet she still breathes!

allthepies
    Free Member

Chapeau CFH 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sparksmcguff +1

I annoyingly slow this morning (excellent Italian reds last night) so took about 10 goes of my own impersonation to get the joke. Now can’t stop saying the bloody thing!

Bravo Flashy!

binners

I don’t mind JSP at all. She’s very funny!

Julie Birchall is like a naughty 5 year old who stands up repeatedly to shout ‘poo’ or ‘bum’ to try and shock the teacher. Sad and pathetic! She’s absolutely vile! I’d never read any Daily Fail colonists as I’ve an aversion to self-obsessed middle class whining. Best female columnists by a mile are Zoe Williams and Lucy Mangham in the Guardian. I’ll try and dig up Zoe Williams article about all men being functionally autistic. It’s hilarious

And Flashy….. That’s bloody brilliant!!!! Genuine 😆 there!

sparksmcguff

Binners, as an ex-Guardian reader would agree about Zoe Williams. Gave up on el grauniad when alan rubbisher started giving more weight to folk like Zoe and trying to go all web 2.0 lets ramp this up to escape velocity b* thinking he was the mark zuckerberg of online media reporting. So yeah Alan Rushbridge nepotism is so awful I’d never do a think like that quick step daughter change your surname noone will suspect a thing boils my wiz.

And the daily mail, well I’m afraid my experience of liz jones is courtesy of private eye.

unklehomered
    Free Member

JSP has a house near me.

No-one here likes her. At all.

Oh and she treats employees like shit.

PS, yes Melanie Philips is a witch, and yes you may burn her.

granny_ring

Joke of the week there Captain.

RustySpanner

I think it was her column about Ian Tomlinson that pushed me over the edge with JS-P.

Agree with Jones and Philips, but the very worst has to be Bryony Gordon in the Telegraph.
    Reading her vapid, self obsessed nonsense makes me weep for British journalism.

globalti
    Free Member

We know a BA stewardess; she says the rudest person she’s ever had in Business class was Cilla Black.

CountZero

Brilliant joke there, Flashy, btw, did make me laugh. Nice one! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they let scousers in business class?

toys19
    Free Member

I like JSP, she was instrumental in liberalizing TV.

anagallis_arvensis

Any other women you lot dislike? It was Katie Perry lazt week wasnt it?

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m afraid she’s just a prat.

As soon as you realise this, it becomes easier to ignore her.

toys19
    Free Member

shit the bed AA, stop posting stuff I agree with. This thread is becoming misogyny central..

RustySpanner

Don’t be silly.

I mentioned the human floater that is Piers Morgan in the OP.

I’m an equal opportunities misanthrope.

toys19
    Free Member

Whilst yours is a good point rusty, and I absolve you of your misogynist sins. I did say “becoming misogyny central” implying that it was not so at the beginning..

anagallis_arvensis

shit the bed AA, stop posting stuff I agree with. This thread is becoming misogyny central..

Gavin Henson is god!

Northwind

She just seems to be one of those people that’s become a caricature of herself… aware that people only remember she exists when she says something bloody awful, she just says bloody awful things more often. Though, she does give the impression that unlike a lot of people that do this sort of thing, it’s gone right to her soul rather than just being an act. She did a spoken word/Q&A thing at a venue I used to work in and by the end of the 2 days the only words any of the staff would exchange with her were swear words, she was such a wretch, came pretty close to just getting booted out in the street.

toys19
    Free Member

Gavin Henson is god!

and order is restored..

dannyh
    Free Member

On the Gavin Henson point.

I hope we’ve all seen the YouTube vid of one his new teammates chinning him.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Now that is funny.

toys19
    Free Member

edit-found it.

nick1962
    Free Member

they let scousers in business class?

Only “professional scousers” who live in Surrey and Bucks in gated communities.There success and long absence from Merseyside is directly proportional to how much they reiterate their scouse roots with their scouse accent when in the media spotlight.They all eventually come out in support of the Tories too…and play golf.

MrOvershoot

nick1962 – Member
    Only “professional scousers” who live in Surrey and Bucks in gated communities.There success and long absence from Merseyside is directly proportional to how much they reiterate their scouse roots with their scouse accent when in the media spotlight.They all eventually come out in support of the Tories too…and play golf.

Its much the same with Scot’s who leave Scotland IME

cinnamon_girl

What is it with you guys and feisty females. ❓

Stoner
    Free Member

*thumbs through OED for def of “feisty”*

I like feisty.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Janet Street-Porter’ is closed to new replies.