• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Jammy Gits………..
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I never seem to get lucky on anything. We had a car in the carpark for the estate at work that was just left there. Was a girl who worked in one of the units. Car is a 52 plate Peugeot 206CC. She bought a new Audi. Our delivery driver chatted to her yesterday. She was getting a scrappy in to take it. He bought it for £100 !!! Took it to my mates workshop. Clean bill of health. A few new bulbs and its got an Mot. Nothing wrong and under £200. He is going to get a cambelt done on it, while at my mates garage and an oil change, but other than that, its good to run.
    Anyone else been jammy like this?

oldnick

No, I’m more an Unlucky Alf unfortunately

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I shat myself once, but luckily I was commando and wearing shorts so it merely slipped out and onto the floor

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambourgie
    Free Member

I got a free car from Freecycle once.

Dunno how ‘lucky’ it was, took it out for a spin and got disqualified.

*don’t ask

Bregante

When I was growing up my parents owned a pub with a small hotel attached and an elderly couple stayed for a few nights before going to the airport to emigrate to live with their grown up son. My dad offered to drive them to the airport and they gave him their car.

It was a skoda. It was the early eighties. It was bright orange.

So, no. Not really been lucky tbh.

Bregante

Double post

northernmatt

Yes it’s lucky for him but it’s also laughably stupid of her.

As for the ,e the best thing I’ve ever got is free tickets to a gig in Brighton.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

She came into some money and bought the new Audi soft top and just didn’t know what to do with it. If I knew it, I would have thrown £100 at her for it, MOT’d it and cleaned and sold it.

jambourgie
    Free Member

But never mind all that. Is she hot?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Yeah, she is ! and her sister is just as hot……..No pictures, other than the ones floating in my head…..

DezB
    Free Member

Similar to Bregante – friends of my parents gave them a car for me… (this was a looong time ago)… what is it dad.
    Son, its a Renault 4.
    Jeez, they even Hammerited it black for me, I must’ve been the laughing stock of the estate. Only thing good about it was I could scare my mates going round roundabouts too fast, the thing would rock like a dingey in a storm. Only kept it a week.

bearnecessities

I was unemployed; young and directionless.

Driving along in Exmouth one day, spotted an old lass on the pavement with her mobility scooter on it’s side.

Stopped to help her, her scooter was borked. Asked if she had anyone close to help, which she didn’t, so took her & her scooter to a place in Exeter to get it sorted. Great chaps there fixed up her scooter gratis and I dropped her back home; gave her my number in case she needed anything in future as I only lived close.

Got a call a week later from her son, saying he wanted to meet me to say thanks.

Met up with the guy at his Mum’s house for tea and biscuits.

Turns out her son, was head of UK operations for Compaq.

Simply said, he helped me on a path to where I am today. I’d probably just be older and directionless without that bit of luck.

EDIT: And who the **** thought a 3 wheeled mobility scooter was a good idea?!

Junkyard
    Free Member

i got a free car once that had one week MOT it passed the MOT requiring only the windscreen washer motor and then passed the next two as well! it looked like a shed mind.

stumpy01

Nope. I seem to be jam-less.
    They say you make your own luck…I must be rubbish at it!

Pigface
    Free Member

Renault 4 = AWESOME

Nothing unlucky about being given one of them

toppers3933
    Free Member

Have had various people in the shop who have been given old bikes by elderly relatives/friends which have turned out to be rare valuable classics.
    There was a guy in my old classic mini owners club who had been given a mini by a friend of his mums who couldn’t drive it. They’d had it since new and her husband had driven and looked after it until he’d died and it had sat in the garage for a while. It was going to be scrapped so he got it for nowt. Was an immaculate cooper s and by far the best car in the club. Still occasionally see him at shows in it. He’s never done any major work on it and he has had it 15 years.

DezB
    Free Member

Renault 4 = AWESOME
    Nothing unlucky about being given one of them

Have you ever driven one? Or been a 18 year old lad driving one?!
    Absolute piece of shite, as “cool” as they may look now!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Jammy Gits………..’ is closed to new replies.