Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jaguar X Type estates, any good?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

For biking & stuff? Looking at the diesel versions but know nowt about them.
    There’s a 2.2 Sport Estate with 70K on Fleabay which looks good but do they have much roominess? (also watching a nice Mondeo)
    Ta.

AngusWells

Same floor pan as a Mondeo. However, when I tried an X Type I was too tall for it., even with the seats in the lower position. If you fit, it’s probably good though.

stufive
    Free Member

My dads had three there ok but the ford bits and pieces let the inside down for me and he has had some expensive repairs for ieg sensors etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

Same floor pan as a Mondeo. However, when I tried an X Type I was too tall for it., even with the seats in the lower position. If you fit, it’s probably good though.

You must be a giant, as I’m 6’2″ and have plenty of room in mine.

My dads had three there ok but the ford bits and pieces let the inside down for me and he has had some expensive repairs for ieg sensors etc

All bits are now avaiable cheap, for example rear discs and pads for £34 delivered.

tbh I’ve only one because it was cheap, as in £1100 for a saloon AWD 3.0i. But good, fast, quite and comfortable.

gmex619
    Free Member

Im 6’0 and had one as a courtesy car for a few days. Older one 04ish.. I put the seat as low as it went and had trouble with height. My head hitting the roof. Drove like a gem though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well I’m only 5’6″ so I should be ok!
    I imagine economy would similar to the Mondeo?

gmex619
    Free Member

30ish mpg on the 2.1 petrol I used.. with slightly heavy foot.

br
    Free Member

30ish mpg on the 2.1 petrol I used.. with slightly heavy foot.

28mpg with a 3.0i saloon over the last 10k.

timber

I looked at them when I got my Mondeo. The boot space isn’t quite as usable due to arch intrusion, also the only diesel was the 2.0 5 speed when I looked and the Mondeo had the 6 speed box as well as more to pick from.
    Plenty of interchangeable parts between them, I still have a second set of wheels left over from the Mondeo that are from an X-type.

gmex619
    Free Member

I did say ish.. heh..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jaguar X Type estates, any good?’ is closed to new replies.