Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Jade Goody
  • FoxyChick
    Free Member

That’s twice this week we have agreed on something this week GG.
    This thread, like all of its kind, speaks volumes about the posters, and little about the subject.

Jade Goody was chosen by Channel 4 to appear on BB. They knew that her brashness, lack of education etc. would provide good “entertainment”.
    They then chose to put her in the house again, knowing full well that she may cause controversy.
    Jade was an opportunist, and took full advantage of what was thrown at her.
    She died an untimely death. She has left behind 2 litle boys who may grow up to be fairly screwed-up.
    And all you sanctimonious posters who accuse her of having been racist…what’s worse?…sneering at the death of a 27 yr old or making a joke(allbeit bad taste) about someone who got on your nerves????

grizzlygus
    Free Member

BigDummy, you obviously haven’t religiously read all my posts – and why should you have ? 😯

Unfortunately old posts can’t be retrieved, otherwise I would challenge you to find one single post where I had claimed that I would be dancing on her grave – not my style mate.

Thatcher’s death will be inconsequential to me. My concern was the damage that she was doing to this country, she is no longer doing that.

I base my politics (hopefully) on a clear and focused class perspective. Silly, childish, and pointless vindictiveness, has no appeal to me.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Fair enough. I do not disagree with you on here either, it is unfortunate that (as was pointed out earlier) something which is on its own terms rather tragic has got so many people thinking about why we are interested in all this stuff. It is rather difficult to do that debate without it getting tangled in nastiness. Ach well.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Grizzlygus, you may well be of the opinion that my statement “suggests a raging anger typical of an immature mind”. That’s your opinion and obviously you’re entitled to it, I believe that your statement suggests the crocodile tears of someone who is desperate to claim the moral high ground due to some warped media driven perception of how one should act as opposed to anything resembling genuine grief or sympathy.

Did you know Jade Goody? Did you ever meet Jade Goody? Have you broken down and wept for her? Will you be attending her funeral? Did she “touch your life” in some way? I am assuming the answer to any of those questions would be no. As it would be for the vast majority of people “mourning” her and “paying tribute” to her.

I find the practice of feigning grief for complete strangers laughable and absurd, in my opinion the misplaced, cheaply bought grief of idiots and emotional weaklings distorts and degrades the suffering of those who have actually suffered a loss.

You have no legitimate reasons to feel anything for that woman, all you are doing is joining in with the chorus of bleating sheep, so keen to be seen to care, yet not really giving a shit, not actually feeling any genuine grief and who in all probability will have forgotten the whole episode in a few weeks.

Pathetic.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I’ll again repeat what Smee said GNARGNAR. As it’s short, simply, and sums it all up :

“Some people may not like her or what she did, but some of the comments above are a little bit below the belt when you consider that she was 27.”

Try to get your head round that concept, if you can.

zaskar
    Free Member

Cancer sucks. Biochemically it’s amazing.

I think for anyone to have it will have everyones sympathy.

I never knew or heard about Jade Goodey till recently. Same with Di-I will not weep or mourn. I’m no sheep/media follower!

What about all the people who have cancer-should we put them on tv/media too?

27 is young but so is 5yrs and 60yrs, millions of people have it.
    Media has ploughed JG into your heads and you’re all suckers for it.

I just hope the attention raises funds and awareness for charitable causes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Someone died young leaving her children without a mother…some of us think this is a shame and a little sad. We have not met her does it matter?Now let me give you some choices
    I have not met my work coleagues mum who died recently on being told by her do I
    1.Offer symapthy to her and chip in for the flowers
    2. Say it is not my Mum why the **** are you telling me , we have not met and i am totally unaffected by this news and by the way the workplace is no place for crying

What should we do? the choice seems so difficult I hate these moral dilemma

Being angry at the media ia one thing lacking empathy and some basic human compassion is another thing.

tails
    Free Member

Moderators if your reading perhaps you could put a cap on my thread, as it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Oooooh god………..I just realised she was 27. She was on the telly too wasn’t she? I’ve just realised that I am in fact a monster for making insensitive comments about a complete stranger who had no bearing on my life whatsoever.

Suddenly the enormity of the concept becomes apparent to me and grief crushes me like an elephant dropped from a hot air balloon. I feel an inexplicable sense of guilt, I shall go and cry. Thank god you quoted smee, in bold, or I would never have experienced this epiphany.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Your childishness knows no bounds, eh gnargnar ?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

This thread, like all of its kind, speaks volumes about the posters, and little about the subject.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

grizzlygus
    Your childishness knows no bounds, eh gnargnar ?

I am childish. You are mature.I am evil. You are good. I am dumb. You are clever. I am wrong. You are right. Popular opinion is against me. Popular opinion is with you.

I’ll just back to the shadows along with the silent majority and leave the rest of the nation to grieve. Over and out.

sonic
    Free Member

tails – Member

Moderators if your reading perhaps you could put a cap on my thread, as it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

i’d say we’re learning huge amounts about some of the members on this site.

sherry
    Free Member

They are far better people than Jade Goodey who die everyday without any comment made, its sad for her kids and family and that’s about it. Some people make more over celebs (strangers)dying than they do over members of there their own family, now that’s tragic!

timdrayton
    Free Member

Thank god I have an off button on my telly and dont have to buy newspapers then….

When Diana died the constant media coverage really irritated me, but this was mainly due to the disgusting disproportionate coverage of Mother Theresa’s death which ocurred at almost the same time.

At the time my 30 year old sister bought the big colour photo book, and went and followed the cavalcade when Diana died, she never mentioned her before, to me this was insane, mass hysteria.

But I think people like to be told what to think by the media, what to talk about with their peers, how to feel about things, and enjoy the feeling of community they get from shared “grief” wether it is based on real feeling or not.

Either way its a bit harsh to slate Jade the individual, she made a career out of nothing, and I dont think she has cheapened anyones experience of Cancer, they are probably too busy worrying about their own disease to be insulted….

I dont understand the Sun reading mentality, so I dont read it.

aracer
    Free Member

I have not met my work coleagues mum who died recently on being told by her do I
    1.Offer symapthy to her and chip in for the flowers
    2. Say it is not my Mum why the **** are you telling me , we have not met and i am totally unaffected by this news and by the way the workplace is no place for crying

What a superb strawman.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Jade Goody’ is closed to new replies.