Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Jade Goody
  • tails
    Free Member

Seems the poor little mite has died and on mothers day as well. so not a media stunt after all, far to young.

marsdenman
    Free Member

They had Max Clifford on the Andrew Mar show earlier, very interesting to hear what he had to say, especially the bit about it being the same hospital and physicians as treated his wife when he lost her to cancer 6 years ago…

GJP
    Free Member

Very sad news and a tragic case although I do now feel it will enable her family and close friends to properly start the long grieving proceses hopefully with some respectful privacy.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Whilst I’m sure it a terrible private tragedy its hardly national news.
    Where was the national out-pouring of grief when my Aunt died last year in much pain after a very aggressive type of Cancer took hold around her spine?

tails
    Free Member

long grieving proceses hopefully with some respectful privacy.

yeah to right she has lived out all of this in front of the camera, hope her kids get the privacy she didn’t.

atlaz
    Free Member

tails – I don’t think she shunned the attention ever. If she’d wanted privacy surely she wouldn’t have made numerous TV programmes, appeared in magazines etc. The story of her wedding etc fair enough as she was trying to get the most for her kids, but the rest is hardly the actions of a woman crying out for her privacy.

martyntr
    Free Member

I hope the choice she made to make the whole thing public helps to reduce deaths from Cervical cancer in women. If she saves only a few women from this then she’s done well.

I hope her boys are ok and that they get the support they need.

suspenders
    Free Member

the world is full of idiots
    now there is one less

if her disease and passing helps others with cancer then that is a great thing, otherwise…

loddrik
    Free Member

This is an absolute tragedy, regardless of what you think of her, 27 with 2 kids, my mum died of the same thing aged 36 so I can only see the sadness of the situation…

grizzlygus
    Free Member

suspenders – Member
    the world is full of idiots
    now there is one less

Yeah but you’re still here.

I know nothing about Goody, but I truly hope that death came about through a nice massive overdose of morphine.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Regardless of your thoughts on Jade Goody this is a very sad end

suspenders
    Free Member

I know nothing about Goody

you are in a privileged position
    I wish I had the tenacity to live my life with my head so far up my arse

Spongebob
    Free Member

Goody was played by the media who made far more out of her than she did of them. With the help of an agent, she managed to get a fairer share of the money they made from her.

I think it’s the gutter press that have a lot to answer for here. Not to mention all the people who bought the papers. They made a freak show out of a vulnerable person.

Good luck to her sons and the people that care for them, but not that violent thug Jack Tweedy, he needs a massive kick up the backside! Let’s hope that he doesn’t blow all the money she made for her sons. I’m sure the gutter press will be on his case as soon as he is released from prison.

If people didn’t buy these trashy newspapers, none of this would have happened. Shame on those who funded this nonsense!

Filthy
    Free Member

Oh dear, feel sorry for her kids, but no great loss for me. Dont really feel anything when a celebrity dies its not like you know them.

Dont think we have heard the last from her as no doubt Max Clifford has some more money making idea’s up his sleeve. Expect another biography and the Jade Goody Memorial appearing somewhere. Must admit when she was alive I always saw her as a media whore and I dont think my opinion will be changed because she is dead.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

you are in a privileged position

Oh I don’t know about that. It’s quite simply really – I just don’t watch BB and I don’t buy newspapers which have articles on pages 1,4,5,&6 on trivial stuff which doesn’t interest me.

Perhaps you could try that too ?

jimmy

Whilst I’m sure it a terrible private tragedy its hardly national news

I agree as the death of one woman, but the media coverage has very openly been aimed at increasing awareness of cervical cancer. Which it has, so well done to them.

dr_adams
    Free Member

I think it was all a lot of drama and an insult to those who suffer from this terrible illness without the glamour and without the support they deserve.

woffle
    Free Member

I don’t think there was anything glamourous about the whole sorry saga. Or anything worthy of some of the venom that’s poured in her direction – if I had months to live and the opportunity to make sure my kids were cared for by selling some pics I know I’d do the same and hang those who don’t like it. If anyone’s due some vitriol it’s the hypocrisy of the press and their treatment of her from the moment she appeared on BB.

But, AFAIK there are far more important things to get upset and angry about – I think it’s sad for her children and I’m sure the coverage will be blanket but it’s not difficult to not read a paper / watch a tv program. I’m off into the garden to enjoy the sunshine…

Soup
    Free Member

To quote the Reverand Jonathan Blake who married Jade and Jack. “Jade has become for us, so many different things, a saint from Upshire and a princess from Bermondsey, an exemplar of biblical proportions.” Words fail me!

AlasdairMc

BBC News

Reality TV star Jade Goody dies aged 27 after a high-profile battle with cancer, as the prime minister leads the tributes.

So if you’re a soldier fighting for your country and die in the name of it you get nothing, but if you’re an ignorant racist who craves publicity and notoriety you get Gordon Brown paying tribute to your wonderful life?!?

grizzlygus
    Free Member

if you’re a soldier fighting for your country and die in the name of it you get nothing

Why do you say that ?

I mean, it’s not even true is it ?

Only a few days ago Gordon Brown said, quote :

“I’m sure the whole House will join me in expressing our deepest condolences to the family and friends of those killed on operations in Afghanistan: Cpl Dean John, Cpl Graeme Swift and L/Cpl Chris Harkett.

“They and all those who have lost their lives in conflict deserve our profound gratitude for their service, not just to our country but also to the peace of the world. Their courage will never be forgotten.”

Still, let’s not let ‘truth’ get in the way of a good rant, eh ?

sobriety
    Free Member

Mothers day, eh? I bet Cliffod finished her off with a house brick this morning, ‘Think of the publicity, Jade!’

IWH
    Free Member

I feel very sorry for her Children and to lose anyone to Cancer at any age is horrible.

But.

Jade became ‘famous’ for being on a reality TV show. She then lived her life in front of the media and the public being a celebrity for nothing more than being on TV. While a side effect of her Cancer and living with it the way she did may be to make young women more aware of the risks I fail to see what jade did to justify her being upheld as an example to all.

Just my tuppence worth, I’m sure there are those that adored her but it’s not like she went off and worked with the homeless, or the ill, or… well, I could list many causes that could have been helped by her status that weren’t.

Like I said, sad for the Children and her Family. Let’s just move on from it being about Jade and focus more on ALL cancers, shall we?

AlasdairMc

I mean, it’s not even true is it ?

Fair point, but Gordon Brown commenting on her devalues anything that has and can ever be said about a soldier.

My money is on her being mentioned in the Queen’s Honours, posthumous MBE or something.

marsdenman
    Free Member

FWIW – MrsMM works at an NHS hospital – they have had a significant increase in cytology (spelling…?) screening, especially in a ‘younger than usual’ age group, they cal it it the Jade Goody effect so, t’would appear that one part of Ms Goodys media plan has succeeded, no bad thing methinks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

it’s not like she went off and worked with the homeless, or the ill, or… well, I could list many causes that could have been helped by her status that weren’t.

I don’t get why she has to be compared with saints. Is this how you think everyone should live their life? A quick google suggests she did some stuff for charity.

Gordon Brown commenting on her devalues anything that has and can ever be said about a soldier

Cripes. Can you explain that?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Jade Goody dead whilst Noel Edmonds still lives! Is there no justice?

RIP

IWH
    Free Member

Cynic – I’m not comparing her to any Saints but there are people who do fantastic amounts of work for the good of others who pass ith much less fanfare, wailing and hand wringing than Jade did.

Nobody is perfect, especially me, it just seems like there’s an awful lot of misplaced importance as far as Jade Goody goes that I’ve never seen justified.

Just my opinion of course, as I said earlier there are countless thousands who’ll mourn her. I’ll save my feeling sorry for her kids.

hora
    Free Member

Regardless of your thoughts on Jade Goody this is a very sad end

+1

nickc

27 is no age to die. Even if you don’t have a great grasp of geography

Crayola
    Free Member

t’would appear that one part of Ms Goodys media plan has succeeded, no bad thing methinks.

Hardly a plan! A racist bully that the public can’t stand is diagnosed with cancer, what better way to try and foster sympathy than make out she’s trying to ‘save others before it’s too late’.

All she ever bothered about were money and publicity.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

………..but it’s not like she went off and worked with the homeless, or the ill, or… well, I could list many causes……..

IWH, I won’t ask you to list all the good causes which you do voluntary work for – I’m sure that it is indeed very impressive. However, that criticism could be levelled at most people – very few people actually do much in the way of charity work.

In fact sneering at those who attempt to improve the lives of others has become something of a modern phenomenon, “charity begins at home, all these good-doers, self-publicising celebraties on Red-nose day”, etc, etc.

And no, it’s not just money and celebrity backing which charities need. It’s also people who are prepared to put in the time and commitment. Which is something that I’m sure you must know – with all the hard work which you undoubtedly put into your charity work.

AlasdairMc, I’m sorry that you feel Gordon Brown’s comments have ‘devalued’ any tributes which he has paid concerning members of our armed forces.

Perhaps he should have refused to comment – I’m sure that he wouldn’t have been castigated for it with a front-page Sun headline “Cold Hearted Gordon Refuses To Pay Tribute To Brave Jade”, followed by an article claiming that the Prime Minister was out of touch with ordinary people.

BTW, the leader of the Conservative Party David Cameron, paid tribute to Jade Goody’s “brave fight”, is he now no longer fit to comment on the deaths of British soldiers ?

turneround

is it true ol goodey didnt go for her smear tests hence…….

franki
    Free Member

I couldn’t stand the mouthy, ignorant, racist cow – but I wouldn’t wish cancer on anybody.
    I’ve seen enough of it in my own family. 😥

RudeBoy
    Free Member

She was somebody’s mum, somebody’s child.

And some good has come out of her ‘celebity’ status- increased numbers of women going for smear tests.

This will undoubtedly lead to lives saved.

To those pouring scorn on her; has your life touched so many people, and left a positive legacy?

HTTP404
    Free Member

All she ever bothered about were money and publicity.

A celebrity with little to offer – money and publicity are one of the same. Surely you can see that? It’s not like she had brains, acting talent, great vocal range or modelling looks – how else was she going to earn a living?

G
    Free Member

Dumb hairdresser gets media break, exploits it fully via even dumber public then dies tragically young.

No more to be said frankly!

polarisandy
    Free Member

G, succinct.

avdave2

I think I must have run into the Jade Goody Memorial walk this morning. Five abreast five deep no idea of what was coming towards them, slowly and respectfully I might add, and no idea what a beautiful day it was for their half a mile from the car half a mile back excursion.

WTF
    Free Member

Think this sums it all up nicely….

Obituary in The Telegraph

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Jade Goody’ is closed to new replies.