Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Jacket repairs?
  • z1ppy

Managed to put a 15cm rip in my good waterproof, due to stupidity not riding, what option to repair it? It’s nice but 4 year old Mammut Kento

Professional ala LSR clothing repairs – probably the best option but it’s an old jacket, is it worth it?
    Gearaid Tenasious Tape – concerned about the life of this with washing/reproofing.
    Gearaid Aquaseal FD – Not convinced it will seal up such a large rip, but I do like the idea of this over the tape

or simply new jacket time?

dovebiker

McNett GoreTex repair patches – only available in black, but if you use an iron they are pretty permanent

z1ppy

Trouble is, as it’s so long a rip, I’m not seeing a patch that would cover the entire length.
    Hence why I was looking at the tenasious tape as an alternative (NcNett is now Gearaid)

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

I would get it repaired at LSR if its still doing its job and keeping you dry…..I had a Rab jacket repaired a few years ago and its still going strong. I use it as my uplift day jacket now then Im not that bothered if it gets ripped again.

riklegge

+1 for LSR.

My decent jacket is probably getting on for 10 years old but still works well, other than a zip fault I had. I sent to LSR and its now like new again. For the cost of the repair its totally worth it IMO.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Tenacious tape is pretty bloody good at staying in place!

kormoran
    Free Member

I repaired a long rip in my gtex trousers with sugru glue. It came up great, very hard to see and stayed flexible . Trick was to tape the tear temporarily on the outside then mask around the tear on the inside before rubbing it on, peel the masking off to get nice clean finish. Considering it was my first attempt i was very pleased. Top tip videos on line

GRAEMEJONES

Alpkit do repairs to clothing other than their own brands.

gkeeffe

+1 for alpkit

footflaps

I’d just put a few small stitches in to close the tear then apply seam sealant / shoe glue down the tear to seal it. It sets flexible, so works well when you need the repair to be able to accommodate movement.

ibnchris

Another + 1 for alpkit. Always better to try and make your gear last longer in my opinion.

oxbow
    Free Member

I managed to pull the zip free from the pocket on my favourite Ensura jacket. It’s been patched with Gorilla tape for a few weeks, but from this thread I think I’ll give LSR a go.

15cm is some rip!

eyestwice
    Free Member

Yet another +1 for Alpkit.

turin
    Free Member

looks to be similar to LSR, have used these guys before and cant fault them

https://www.scottishmountaingear.com/repair-service

mahalo

Turn inside out and fix with gorilla tape!

coynie09
    Free Member

Another for one LSR. had a few thing’s repaired there never had any problem’s

13thfloormonk

https://www.scottishmountaingear.com/repair-service

Yep, just in case you needed an alternative to LSR, Scottish Mountain Gear are great, have rescued various jackets of mine and did a brilliant job when the cat got her claws in my new Shakedry 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Jacket repairs?’ is closed to new replies.