Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jacket for CX and MTB… Help!
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Right, after 20 years of being an exclusive MTB owner, I’ve done a deal on a CX bike. Use will be pottering about on sunny days, the odd commute and social rides.

I’d like to hear your recommendations for some new clothing – ideally stuff I can use both bikes. I’m on the market for some full length tights and a good jacket that will work between about 4 and 12 degrees. No upper budget limit – if a jacket is particularly excellent I’ll pay top whack for it…

Any reason I can’t use the same kit on the CX bike and the MTB? Jacket in particular….

tomkerton
    Free Member

I do both, use the CX for road riding about 50/50 mix of road and mtb and wear the same gear.

I’ve found Altura attack soft shell hoody s thin so you won’t overheat but still wind proof and looks good IMHO – not too roady and good for mtbing too.

The Morvelo thermo- something range is brilliant for colder days and looks the business too.

Welcome to the CX world, which one you getting?

aP
    Free Member

No, of course not. Wear what you want.
    I wear a combination of clothes from amongst others: rapha, Assos, Sportful, Santini, Giordana etc etc..
    Just choose the one that works for you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    siwhite
    Free Member

Tomkerton – a 2010 Genesis Vapour. Collecting on Friday – really looking forward to it!

tang
    Free Member

Yup, I mix mtb and road stuff all the time. Howies tights and shorts are good value. Gore(softshell) and mavic(hardshell) have been great on top. How about a Castelli Gabba?

tomkerton
    Free Member

@siwhite – I was a confirmed and avowed MTBer until I bought my CX 6 months ago, didn’t think I’d like it, bloody love it. Enjoy your new toy!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Showerpass Elite 2.1 (jacket) does both for me – the big rear pocket is great and swallows mini pump tube etc.

DT78
    Free Member

Gore alp x jacket and gore tights for me

tom200

Endura Windchill, about 70quid not waterproof, but still keeps you warm when it gets wet. Works down to -4 with a base layer, ok up to around 10, your arms over heat if it’s any warmer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jacket for CX and MTB… Help!’ is closed to new replies.