Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Jack Brown tyres & puncture resistance?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

What’s the puncture resistance like on the Jack Brown tyres that are on the Planet X website?
    I need a new rear tyre as my road bike that’s been sat on the turbo trainer for the past 6 months or so and it’s looking quite worn at the moment. I’d be replacing a Schwalbe Durano Plus tyre
    with either the Mile muncher or the race tyres.

The Jack Brown Blue tyres look as if they would save a good chunk of weight ( close to 800g for 2 tyres ) compared to the heavy, slow, non-grippy but puncture proof Marathons that I use for commuting.

nedrapier

Never had a puncture in 18months of london commuting and long-way-home off road riding. Did have to swerve into the gutter once and slashed the sidewall on a broken pint glass. I wouldn’t class that as a “puncture” to judge the tyre’s puncture resistance on, though!

I bought another one to replace it.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

The Green 33.3 are nicer to ride on than the blue. I had one thorn puncture on a green, that would’ve likely done for a blue as well. In terms of feel they are less hosepipe like than gatorskin by some margin. Not cotton carcass supple but pretty good. The blues are more akin to vulcanised tyres in feel.
    I’ve used them in 25, 30 and 33.3 sizes. They drag a bit, but the 30 felt the best balance.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Thanks, sounds like they are worth a go.

lesshaste

I’ve used the blue milemunchers all last winter on crappy flinty roads. No punctures I remember. Not commuting miles, but probably 90ish miles a week. I’ll be buying more when they wear out-no sign of that at the mo.

racefaceec90

i have a new planet x spitfire road bike that came with jack brown race tyres.

i did an 80 mile ride on monday that involved large sections of the k & a towpath.

i was battered to hell but the tyres are completely fine (no punctures at all).

am very impressed by them i have to say.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Jack Brown tyres & puncture resistance?’ is closed to new replies.