Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Jab = Plastic Swoop , new 3.5 k wonder sled
  • andreasrhoen
    Free Member

to compare a bike design with an stealth bomber is pretty, pretty silly.

Up close with the lightweight carbon 2018 Radon Jab enduro bike

Radon Jab is a 160mm carbon enduro bike for £3k

“plastic” and “Enduro” and “stealth” = “weapon”?
    Strange times when bikes turn into “weapons”.

I’am not in “plastic bikes” and there are no 3.5 k burning a hole into my pocket.

But long & slack is o.k.
    1x or 2x compatible sounds o.k.

We still don’t have any update on what Radon had claimed as a 10kg/22lb complete bike weight, though.

10 kg? True? Will make it easier to get the “weapon” also uphill…
    😯

For all which are interested in 3.5 k wonder sleds/weapons…(but the bike is not on the Radon homepage yet)
    🙄

russyh
    Free Member

The bike isn’t on their website as they are mid a launch marketing teaser campaign I believe. I’m interested as and when more details come! Specifically if it has a stupid BB standard like YT.

Ewan
    Free Member

to compare a bike design with an stealth bomber is pretty, pretty silly.

Esp when they’ve chosen to use the F117 which has been retired on account of it being difficult to maintain and pretty much obsolete….

ta11pau1

One to add to the list, the top model (€4999/£4500) looks like it has fox factory 36’s, XO1 eagle, fox factory dropper, DPX2, E*13 wheels (carbon?).

Not sure my budget will stretch that far but hopefully the lower/middle models have a decent spec.

tomhoward

That scale doesn’t say 10kg…

maxtorque

Whilst it is certainly possible to make an 10kg moutain bike, you wouldn’t get very far down an enduro stage on it! Just a proper, reasonably puncture proof set of tyres is 2kg alone, so that leaves 8kg for the entire rest of the (at least 160mm) FS bike? Hmm

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

That scale doesn’t say 10kg…

good catch!
    Somebody able to read the scale?

reasonably puncture proof set of tyres is 2kg alone

😉

Specifically if it has a stupid BB standard like YT.

I’am not in the Enduro plastic bike world.
    YT uses pressfit on Enduro plastic bikes?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

When I saw the promos I thought it might have been a 29er to compliment that Swoop which has been really successful at 27.5.

I think there’d be a market for a 29er version.

vincienup
    Free Member

Scale says 12.73 in that pic.

I’d heard of a 10kg Radon in the works, but thought it was more a stripped down XC bike than even a trail bike let alone Enduro. Wasn’t there an ST mag article with Will riding it at somewhere like Morzine recently?

Andreas, from the first post about the term ‘weapon’ in this context, it’s sometimes used to describe bikes (or cars) that are felt to be especially sporty, but probably only by people who have Jeremy Clarkson as a role model…

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Andreas, from the first post about the term ‘weapon’ in this context, it’s sometimes used to describe bikes (or cars) that are felt to be especially sporty, but probably only by people who have Jeremy Clarkson as a role model…

thanks! 😉
    Haha – you are right.
    🙄

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Jab = Plastic Swoop , new 3.5 k wonder sled’ is closed to new replies.