Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I've upset a car breaker…
  • Northwind

You know how loads of ebay auctions are for “One wheel nut”, as a way of getting round ebay rules and using it as a classifieds ad? “This auction is for one wheel nut, we’re breaking the whole car, get in touch?”

Well apparently, it’s not cool to press buy it now if you just want one wheel nut.

Tom83

Do you get to choose the nut? Or do they just send out a random one?

Northwind

A random one out of 16 I suppose- they’ll probably send me the worst one.

If it’s a good one, I might wait til they relist and then order another- one of the other ones on the car’s a bit out of shape. They’ll appreciate the repeat custom I’m sure

pingu66
    Free Member

Could have fun with this, never seen it myself but put a link up, happy to buy a wheelnut to ruin someones day!!!!!!!!!!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Does pressing buy it now remove the whole item, since it’s now effectively sold?

easygirl

Think you need to get a life and do something more productive than scan eBay to try and spoil someone’s day
    For christs sake
    Ever thought of making someone’s day instead
    Phone your local children’s hospice, tell them you will use the time you usually spend on the Internet volunteering to help out
    I guaranteed you will get more pleasure from that than spoiling people’s day on eBay ?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Blimey NW, you’ve disappointed your Mum there.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I dont see how it can spoil someone’s day unless it’s removing the advert completely (ie not listed as a quantity) List a nut sell a nut. They get your money and you get a nut you don’t want/need, a waste of your time/money as much as the spoiled day sellers..

Tom83

Could always donate the wheel nut… Then everyone’s happy.

Markie
    Free Member

Could have fun with this, never seen it myself but put a link up, happy to buy a wheelnut to ruin someones day!!!!!!!!!!

WTF kind of pathetic attitude is this?

codybrennan
    Free Member

Wow.

The power of Singletrack once again.

I’ve been after an o/s front seat for a 2006 C-Max for about a year, and couldn’t understand why so few appeared.

So this is what they’ve been doing with them.

Cheers!

kayak23

Jeebus….
    Smileys were invented for folk like the above who cannot detect even the smallest tongue in cheek without having it laid out in black and white…
    Stop with the witch hunts already!

codybrennan
    Free Member

….and it would have saved me all the bother of sourcing and spraying a new front wing myself- there are loads in the right colour too.

!

DickBarton

Judging by cody’s finds it looks like this right has done some good…well done to the Samaritan Northwind…well done, your thoughtless act of benevolence has helped at least 1 person for good and aided others to just have a right grump…

Personally I’d say cody’s find far outweighs the crabbit folk, so I’d consider this a huge win.

molgrips
    Free Member

You pay to list stuff on eBay don’t you? So the cost and effort of listing an entire car’s worth of tiny bits would be massive. Seems reasonable to me.

Although complaining about selling one wheelnut isn’t so good.

toys19
    Free Member

Ummm I think NW was actually in the market for a wheel nut, and had inadvertantly discovered a whole other purpose for those on the internet offering wheel nuts. Tis hardly hsi fault now. Although I do like the childrens hospice idea, will he need CRB checking first?

wrecker
    Free Member

Blimey NW, you’ve disappointed your Mum there.

Bravo. 😆

falkirk-mark

Just means the cost of buying a second hand wheelnut will soon be £20.

MSP

You pay to list stuff on eBay don’t you? So the cost and effort of listing an entire car’s worth of tiny bits would be massive. Seems reasonable to me

But ebays business is set up for individual auctions, not to provide free advertising to other businesses.

Northwind

toys19 – Member
    Ummm I think NW was actually in the market for a wheel nut, and had inadvertantly discovered a whole other purpose for those on the internet offering wheel nuts.

Almost- I knew it was standard practice, but also, I wanted a wheel nut. So when I found one listed for a pound, free postage, didn’t say no… (the cheapest one that’s actually someone trying to sell a nut is a few quid)

But the breaker who was using that purely to post a free ad and doesn’t actually want to sell a wheel nut for a pound now has to relist his ad, loses some visibility in the meantime, and also needs to go and find me a wheel nut and send it out for a profit of about 0p. And he is not shy about letting me know he’s unhappy about that.

Doing it just to spite people would be crap tbh.

I don’t think it’s disappointed my mum, it’s for her car 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

he is not shy about letting me know he’s unhappy about that.

Personally, I think you need to copy/paste some of his communications on here.

tails
    Free Member

Phone your local children’s hospice, tell them you will use the time you usually spend on the Internet volunteering to help out

He’d need a CRB for that so come back in 10 days or so!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Think you need to get a life and do something more productive than scan eBay to try and spoil someone’s day
    For christs sake
    Ever thought of making someone’s day instead
    I guaranteed you will get more pleasure from that than spoiling people’s day on eBay ?

LOL

To be fair it’s a bit evil of the breakers to be spoiling ebay’s day by breaching the rules and ebay ask for people to report such adverts anyway. As for the cost of listing an entire car – sure it’d be fairly high, but the profit from listing a whole car is also vast. I could get 3x the value of my car if I broke it and ebayed it, despite the fees.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I've upset a car breaker…’ is closed to new replies.