• This topic has 207 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ot11.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 208 total)
  • I've met the most incredible woman in the world…
  • totalshell

them two rug rats are yours.. they ve gone to bed tonight assured that the most important man in thier life will love and protect them forever..DO NOT EVER LET THEM THINK OTHERWISE

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

Check if she has white shag pile carpet in the house and you need to take your shoes off, also check for crystals behind the bog and wash basin, and can you easily reach the wash basin to piss in, not to high.

I don’t get it, sorry. I might just be having a sense of humour failure. Crystals?

franksinatra

Then invest some energy into fixing the ‘second rate relationship’

johndoh
    Free Member

totalshell – Member
    them two rug rats are yours.. they ve gone to bed tonight assured that the most important man in thier life will love and protect them forever..DO NOT EVER LET THEM THINK OTHERWISE
    POSTED 52 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Almost made me choke – so true.

lemonysam
    Free Member

a second rate relationship

Does the other half consider it in the same light? I know of at least one couple who’ve come to an arrangement whereby the lead a couples life (or something close enough) around the kids but pursue their own ends in private. When the kids got to 15 or so they separated and moved in with their respective partners.

andybanks
    Free Member

Stop being a selfish tit.

Think what your wife and kids would think if they even read this – never mind if you left them.

chewkw
    Free Member

Control yourself.

Life is not perfect.

Just because you want something does not mean you need to have it.

🙄

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

Then invest some energy into fixing the ‘second rate relationship’

I have been doing, for a couple of years now. Takes two. My wife is all about the kids now, I’ve felt like an inconvienience on and off for some time. I have tried, and this is the first time since I’ve been with her that I’ve had my head turned. I am, despite the impression I must give right now, a fairly decent bloke. Although I certainly dont feel like it right now.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

A standing prick may have no concience
    Its the limp prick that has the consequence !

sc-xc

I have been doing, for a couple of years now. Takes two. My wife is all about the kids now, I’ve felt like an inconvienience on and off for some time. I have tried, and this is the first time since I’ve been with her that I’ve had my head turned. I am, despite the impression I must give right now, a fairly decent bloke. Although I certainly dont feel like it right now. my wife doesn’t understand me[/quote]
    🙄
    This is a cliche. As someone (41 this year) who’s dad did this to our family all those years ago – it never gets any easier.

As has been posted up there ^ – this novelty will soon wear off. Bringing up kids is tough, your priority switches from day 1…it’s not about you as a husband and wife, it’s about you as a mum and dad.

This bit of excitement will soon settle in humdrum ordinariness – what if you had a child with the new woman? You think that it would be any different?

I’m afraid I’m in the ‘grow up’ camp.

EDIT: Make time for each other. go on dates, get someone to look after the kids for a night and go somewhere to reconnect. You both must have felt something pretty strong to start a life together – perhaps you both need to remind yourself of that.

gozarch
    Free Member

I thought you said you were happily married, OP?

unovolo
    Free Member

My wife is all about the kids now, I’ve felt like an inconvenience on and off for some time. I have tried

Does your wife know how you feel?
    If not you need to talk and let her know,
    If she does again you need to talk and let her know how serious you feel about things, instigate some date nights so its just you and her getting to know one another without the interuption of kids.

Try cooling things with the ‘Other woman’ and see how she responds ,being devils advocate she may be playing you or having second thoughts on her own relationship/impending marriage and using you to help break it.

Think long and hard about your current family ,its very easy to get your head turned if your feeling slightly unloved/unappreciated and make the wrong decision.

woody2000

An ego is a terrible thing op, I suggest you find some other way of massaging yours.

Markie
    Free Member

Have you considered going to Relate with your wife?

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

I thought you said you were happily married, OP?

Yeah I did say that, didn’t I. I suppose what I meant was that I’m happily familied, or something. My relationship with my wife has been one of the less perfect parts to what would appear from the outside to be a very normal picture. I have always believed in working at relationships to get them to work, but it’s not getting better quickly. It has felt like I was the one doing all the running, and I have been frustrated in the past by my wife’s refusal to even accept that things are not quite right. Despite all this, I would have described myself as happy, due to the overall situation.

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

Have you considered going to Relate with your wife?

I have. She won’t.

tazzymtb

I beg to differ. I’m in the “don’t stay together for the sake of the kids camp” that way leads to dark times and ultimately you can still screw the kids up and give them a twisted sense of relationships. They are not daft and so many couples that can just about get along but pretend to be happy and smiley in front of the kids are just telling a darker story, than the truth that both parents love the children but work better appart. Showing propper love to the kids is better than spending time on displacemnt behaviour to cope with a bad domestic situation. How many folks have seen the rabid diy’er or bike collecting nut as if gives them justification to be in the “man cave” rather than just being honest abiut it. Sort that bit of your head out and then and onlly then think about finding someone to be the most amazing ever…never leave one for another as that’s just thinking with your knob.

kimbers

the grass is never as green as you think

if you do walk away from this other woman youll spend the rest of your life wondering what if ? but you know what if you walk away from your family youll be loosing a lot more coupled with her extra baggage and whether she actually would leave hers……

even if she did how freakin miserable would your xmas be seperated from both yout families

delete her number from your phone
    ride your bike lots and think about why you married your wife in the 1st place

edit :just read your later post speak to your wife get to some sort of counselling

Markie
    Free Member

I have. She won’t.

Given what you’re considering (in fact, even without the other woman but solely allowing for your pre-incredible-woman relationship), might it be worth telling her you’re approaching the point where it’s Relate or bust?

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

Try cooling things with the ‘Other woman’ and see how she responds ,being devils advocate she may be playing you or having second thoughts on her own relationship/impending marriage and using you to help break it.

This has occured to me. One thing I can’t get my head around is how she can be happy with the bloke if she’s professing all this stuff to me.

Think long and hard about your current family ,its very easy to get your head turned if your feeling slightly unloved/unappreciated and make the wrong decision.

This is true. And very good advice, thank you.

iolo
    Free Member

Maybe she has lost interest in you as she already has another lover.If she doesn’t she should.
    You’re obviously not enough of a man for her.
    It does seem you have no spine so it would not be a big shock eh?

khani
    Free Member

the most incredible woman in the world
    Is she made out of chocolate? Or come from a large brewing family?
    If not, stop being a fanny..
    Mmmmmmmchocolatemmmmm…..

tazzymtb

You’re obviously not enough of a man for her.
    It does seem you have no spine so it would not be a big shock eh?

ahhhh the understanding world of STW 😀

Cletus

It’s better to regret something you have done than something you havn’t.

Disclaimer: do not make life changing decisions based on lyrics from a Butthole Surfers track!

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

I think I should make something clear. I am not actively considering leaving my wife or embarking upon an affair. I know right from wrong, and as tough as it is, Getting together with this woman would be firmly in the wrong camp, on so many levels. I’m really just looking for messages of MTFU, and suggestions of how to go about doing it. I’m in a little bit of a shtty place right now; but I don’t intend to put my kids, my wife, her fiance and her family in a shitty place instead of me. It just **** hurts, thats all.
    Edit; iolo, thanks dude.

khani
    Free Member

ahhhh the understanding world of STW

Sympathy comes between shit and syphilis in the STW dictionary..

Markie
    Free Member

Right then. MTFU. if you cut all contact with Ms Incredible you’ll be over her within a year, two tops.

easygirl

Tell your wife about this other woman you’ve met, and how you feel about her
    See what her response is
    If its dont be stupid, we can work this out, I love you….happy days, make a go of it

If its, I don’t give a shit, move out I don’t love you anyway,…well happy days go with the other woman.
    Just because you are separated dosent mean you can’t be a fantastic dad to your kids.

I had a few friends this year have terrible illnesses, cancer, motor neurone, so do,what makes you happy I say
    Good luck

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Stop it.

You’re thinking with your trousers.

I prescribe distraction therapy, as best summarised by Fausto Coppi: “Ride your bike, ride your bike,
    ride your bike.”

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

Right then. MTFU. if you cut all contact with Ms Incredible you’ll be over her within a year, two tops.

Ulp. roger.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Might be too late but.. Biscuits anyone?

assumedidentiti
    Free Member

Tell your wife about this other woman you’ve met, and how you feel about her
    See what her response is
    If its dont be stupid, we can work this out, I love you….happy days, make a go of it

Wouldn’t this just risk massively damaging the already fragile relationship, condemning it to a slow deterioration over the next few years? (I have no idea by the way)

fenred
    Free Member

FFS OP just pick up your skirt, grab your nuts and crack on with your life!!! 🙄

tazzymtb

I’m really just looking for messages of MTFU, and suggestions of how to go about doing it. I’m in a little bit of a shtty place right now

how about: ignore the MTFU fools as that disregards the feelings that are very real to you right now, appreciate that there is someone with who you appear to have a brilliant connection with that in itself is special, but doesn’t need any further action. Think of it like having super car but no driving licence, you can go and look at it, dream of driving it and still enjoy the way it makes you feel excited to near it at the potential it has, without getting nicked or dying in a fireball up a lamppost.

some people go through life having never felt that spark, they just plod through a predetermined generational work, marriage, kids, death, life plan.

or

you can appreciate that life is not simple, there are no rules, there is no fair and any gods (if they do exist) are wicked buggers that like to play games with mere mortals(usually ones involving a cattle prod and a gimp outfit)

xx

Gary_M
    Free Member

Modz; New login for the sake of this touchy subject only, sorry.

Mmm did you not post a month ago using that login?

Anyway back to your supposed ‘dilemma’, most relationships are amazing it first, give it 6 months and you’ll be as bored of her as you are of your current family.

I suggest you do some soul searching.

sarahgreen
    Free Member

There is no point in staying together for the sake of the children. Sometimes it takes a third party to make you realise how miserable you are. I agree you shouldn’t leave (especially for another woman) without first exhausting any chance you have with your wife.

bullheart
    Free Member

Fight for your marriage.

You fell in love with your wife once upon a time didn’t you? You chose to bring two lovely kids into the world. She was the one you chose to do that with, wasn’t she?

And now, you’ve fallen for someone who really understands you and has a connection with you and therefore want to bin it all off? Don’t be so **** weak. Man up, princess.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

It’s never as clear cut as the moral MTFU responses on here would have you believe. Years ago I was with a girl who ticked every box for me, I was utterly crazy about her, but circumstances forced us apart. I still think about her at some point every single day, I don’t think this will ever stop. However I am married to someone else now who I trust respect and adore, I would never intentionally do anything to hurt her. You need to find the right solution for you, no-one can really advise you on this, whatever path you take you will always wonder about the other.

Make sure you shag the new one before you decide. 😉

franksinatra

Tat is rubbish. I could still bang one out thinking about Big Helen who I knew when I was 16 and that was 20 years ago!

johndoh
    Free Member

How perfect would this woman be after giving birth to two children and bringing them up? As perfect as your wife was 6 months into that relationship?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘I've met the most incredible woman in the world…’ is closed to new replies.