Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I’ve knackered my sti lever
  • cogglepin

Decided to give the road bike a service as it’s been sadly neglected and been playing second fiddle to the mtb and gravel bike.
    New chain, bottom bracket, rear gear cable, brake cables and wheel bearings all sorted.
    Was going to leave the front mech cable till tomorrow but it was going so well.
    Anyway i managed to do something bad to my Shimano 10 speed Ultegra sti lever while trying to get the new cable in.
    I’m having trouble getting the little plastic cover with the two Phillips and one star screw on properly, there seems to be something stopping it sitting flush.
    So is it a lost cause and get a new/ second hand one, local bike shop but that’s not going to happen anytime soon with the lockdown or does anyone know someone online who I can send it to.

Cheers guys.

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Not had this problem myself but LBS is an essential services and could still be open if they want to/can be open.

cogglepin

Aye my local one is but it’s an hour round trip and I’m not going to travel to get it done, was hoping someone may know somebody online that did this sort of thing. Thanks anyway.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dovebiker

Is the lever still shifting / ratchet going around and seating ‘home’? Sometimes you just need to help the ratchet housing shift around inside the body as if it doesn’t seat in place it means you can’t get the cover on.

cogglepin

Will try that dovebiker

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I’ve knackered my sti lever’ is closed to new replies.