Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • I've just ridden a 26" full suspension bike
  • woodsman
    Free Member

Same here: got my 2005 5spot going again and I’ve enjoyed all three rides so far! Ordered some nice bits for it too 🙂

philwarren11
    Free Member

26″ 2014 Orange Alpine here.

Its white. And so is my Audi estate.

Do i win (or lose)?

philjunior
    Free Member

There’s a lot more to it that wheel size, but I still want a nice trail/enduro FS 29er (finally got around to building a 29er this year after having it on the “to do” list ever since it was a niche thing that maybe one or two XC race boys had picked up on)

I found I never felt like taking the SS out after upping my commute mileage though – and the frame broke a month or two after I sold it to a mate which, combined with the parts that broke on my SS then fixed commuter, has put me off this except for track.

core

I like my 29er for mixed rides, particularly where they include a bit of road and fire road, it’s a reasonably light build, with reasonable components. Scandal, so it’s quite racey, 100mm reba, it just feels fast and makes me push.

Not so great downhill though, luckily I have a 26″ Zesty for that. I’ll probably get a 650b full sus frame at some point and run it 26″ in the short term, upgrade forks first, then wheels. A more modern/relaxed 29er would probably be ideal as a replacement for a do everything bike, but who wants just one bike, and plus, when i use the scandal on not too techy stuff it’s about the best bike there is.

I’ve a nice set of straight steerer dual air rebas in the shed, just need a frame to make another bike once the 650b wheels get bought…..

Best bike I’ve ridden was 650b, but it still would have been the best bike if it was 26″.

ndthornton
    Free Member

it still would have been the best bike if it was 26

That’s because it basically is – there is less than in inch of difference in size…even though somehow they get away with calling them 27.5????

4% bigger

robhughes
    Free Member

4%.Thats it.
    I’m off to sell me 26″ Trance x ,Orange 5 and my Spicy.I really need that 4% as i’m sure it will make me a riding god.. 😆

ajantom

My 26″ wheeled DMR Bolt still rips 🙂

However, do have a set of light 27.5 wheels with 2.1 tyres for XC rides on it – they’re almost exactly the same diameter as 26″ wheels with chunky 2.4 tyres.

Why would you ride XC on a DMR Bolt I here you ask? Well it’s been useful when going to Wales for a BPW trip, means I can do some XC rides too, and only swap the wheels over.

bazzab2006
    Free Member

Orange five 2012. Five big ones poured into it. You really think I’m going to take that much of a hit on depreciation for it to be a little bit easier to pedal. I’ll pass and get some 2.1 skinnys on it instead of the 2.4’s oh and shed nearly 2lbs in weight, did I mention the narrow wide oval 1/10 set up. I’ll soldier on thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘I've just ridden a 26" full suspension bike’ is closed to new replies.