Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I’ve just bought one of these…
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I was talking to a colleague about the high winds expected (and delivered) this weekend and we drifted onto kites. I recounted how much I enjoyed my Mettoy Barnstormer stunt kite when I was a kid back in the 70’s.

The more I thought back, the more I realised how much I’d enjoyed the hours of flying and looping and controlled landing.

So I’m going to have another go. I’m fifty on the 6th of February and I’m as excited now as I was then. It’s arriving tomorrow!!!

Anybody else into kite flying?

This is by Brookite an is 160×67 cm. Known as a sport kite.

Drac

Power Kite.

phil5556

I like to fly kites, bit bigger than that though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

First the airguns.

Now this.

Why don’t you just pop round, spit in my face, insult my family and crap on my drive?

Beast.

jobless
    Free Member

Yes. I have 4 I think, nothing too extravagant. I started a few years ago, really love it. The issue for me is getting time and space to fly. Not to mention wind. This weekend was a bit strong for stunt kites if I’m honest.

There are loads of how to vids on YouTube though.

What did you get?

Enjoy.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Find flying our little stunt kites really relaxing. It’s a while since we’ve had them out.

Kites are for all ages

derek_starship
    Free Member

A bit of green-eyed monster eh Pete?

I might take you up on your invite.

matt_outandabout

I’ve a Decathlon 4 line 3.4m that goes into the car boot often. It’s a fun beach / day out activity.

The Decathlon kites are ace.

RustySpanner

Your more than welcome Derek.

Amazing how those control lines can get accidentally wrapped around people’s throats…..

jobless
    Free Member

That’s a prism Quantum Ebygomm? I have the same. So nice to fly.

CountZero

One of these days I really ought to dig out my old Flexifoil and see if I can remember how to fly it. It’s one of their very earliest 6’ ones, I bought it from a display stand down near Mere where there was a hang gliding competition on.
    It was so long ago the gliders were still Rogallo-style Wills Wings, Bob Wills was there flying his own glider.
    He was killed in 1977, so I think I bought my kite around 74-75, so pretty old now.

ebygomm
    Free Member

They’re both Prism kites, the green is a Quantum and the red is a Nexus

I’d really like a stacked one.

rene59
    Free Member

I like to fly kites, bit bigger than that though

Well it’s not the size of the kite, it’s what you do with it that counts.

TiRed

Ok I’ll come clean. Have a rather large collection of single, dual and quad line kites. Goto relaxation is always a Revolution 1.5. I wish I could do it justice.

Single line range from small kids fun to an 8ft Canatd and a 12 ft lattice Delta.

Just brought this back from my last trip to the US

Nexus 5-Stack

Prism Nexua 5. It pulls more than just a crowd!

jakd95
    Free Member

Is that Nordy Bank in your second and third photo @ebygomm? Great place for flying kits with a view if so! Remember flying a large foil kite off the top as a kid and not being quite heavy enough to hold onto it properly.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Was flying a large kite today in Poole Harbour. Great fun!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I’ve just bought one of these…’ is closed to new replies.