Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I've just bought a Reverb – any tips before I start using it?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Any tips on setup would be much appreciated. I know you’ve got to bleed them. What about hose length – easy to change? Also, I’ve heard you’re better off flipping the level under the bar. Do they come with left- or right-hand specific ones? Would prefer to run mine tucked up under the left hand side.

whiter74
    Free Member

Just installed mine too. Worked straight out of the box (some do/don’t according to other reviews) However because of the length mine needed to be shortened and re bleed. Followed the sram video on YouTube and was easy enough. Mine came with the default right hand mountain, but have fitted it to the left side underneath for added protection.

FYI – for other reading this I went for the mmx mount but it did not fit my 09 ELIXIR CR and sram x0 combo. Not an issue as you can remove this so it acts like a standard bar mount. I believe the mmx version is for sram XX range but may be wrong.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sell it to me for a tenner?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

don’t lose your receipt, and bleed it…

GW
    Free Member

fit a saddle on it!

*unless remote hydraulic buggery is your thing of course 😉

bazza17
    Free Member

Need to stick it under your bar like your shifters – think what would happen if you binned it or if you need to turn it upside down on the trail – tjhe lever isn’t strong eneough to support your bike.

Easy enough to trim the cable – just make a slit close to the control end and pull (may even help it along by heating for 1-2 seconds with a lighter).

I love mine – two rides in and boy does it help the flow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I've just bought a Reverb – any tips before I start using it?’ is closed to new replies.