• This topic has 25 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I've got to sell my memories :-(
  • redthunder
    Free Member

All my toy cars from teh 70’s have got to go and a few new ones as well 🙁

Thought I’d share here before they are Ebayed away 🙁

My Army

MemoriesFor Sale – 1970’s by SGMTB, on Flickr

More Here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/58162507@N07/sets/72157631897737766/with/8142512833/
    PS My Train Set and Matchbox Container Port is still hidden 😉

Boo Hoo 😥

scaled
    Free Member

Sad thing is they’re worth more to you than anyone else 🙁

redthunder
    Free Member

This is so true…. sob!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

Keep ’em. My lad plays with my 40 year old soldiers.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Just keep them ! Things like that have never GOT to go 🙂

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Put em in a box and stick them in the loft-you will regret it otherwise

soma_rich
    Free Member

I havea few of those!

Kuco

I had some of those army trucks. They either ended up shot to bits with the air gun or met their end with the lighter and WD40 🙁

Keep them.

garage-dweller

Keep them. My son is currently enjoying toys from his 60 year old uncle’s and my childhoods that were handmade by my (blind) grandfather between the 50s and 80s. I’m enjoying them again too!

Why? They wouldn’t even fill a shoe box

jools182
    Free Member

keep them!

I had a few of those myself and no idea where they are now 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got a Corgi Simon Snorkel fire engine, that cost 19 shillings & 11 pence,in the box with the price on, & a Dinky Bedford coal wagon in the box that was 9 shillings & sixpence. Plus a Hornby Dublo tank engine in mint condition in the box dating from the 60’s.
    I aint sellin.

Taff
    Free Member

I have a few similar ones. Don’t sell them. I’m keeping mine for nostalgic reasons not worth nowt to others

jordie
    Free Member

The airforce and navy seem a little underfunded

SaxonRider

Don’t sell. Please. You’ll regret it later even more than you already do!

Squidlord
    Free Member

Our collections overlapped a lot! I really enjoyed looking at your pics. Why are you selling?

jca

Blimey…you’ve a couple there which are still in my parent’s loft and I’d completely forgotten. I’ve got the Shell tanker, and the Canadian jet fighter (although I could never work out quite what it was….). Hate to think how much else they have still lying round…

Squidlord
    Free Member

JCA – it’s an F104 Starfighter. I had that one and also the blue A4 Skyhawk on the right hand side of that picture

/anorak

Northwind

How much are they worth, do you reckon? I’d be tempted to keep one or two but if they’ve got any value then there’s a lot of duplication in there!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I had a HUGE collection of Corgi and Dinky cars as a kid. One day as a 12 year old I decided to play scrap yards. This involved smashing the f*ck out of every toy car I owned so I could have a great scrapyard.

I destroyed some great 70’s toys that day. Damn…..

honeybadgerx

As kickstarter has now come across to the uk maybe we could set up a ‘save redthunders army’ fund?

rob2
    Free Member

My 2.5yr old son would absolutely wet himself for those so if you want them to have a new life let me know (Robert underscore Scarrott at hotmail dot com).

He plays with my old cars though so if you are planning on kids I’d keep them

samuri
    Free Member

Aye, no idea why you think you need to sell but you don’t.

Is a girl making you do it?

redthunder
    Free Member

After reading all the comments above I’ve decided to keep the 1970’s stuff I really remember and the rest can go… such as the BBurago stuff etc.

I really wanted to de-clutter my life [loft]. However, if I did sell… they would be gone for ever.

Look like I’ve been saved…or seen the light.

PS @ Rob2
    If there is a next time I’ll post here or hopefully pass them on to some kid of the future who may like them.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Good decision – STW saves the day again!

rob2
    Free Member

Good decision sir. Get playing!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I've got to sell my memories :-(’ is closed to new replies.