Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I’ve got some time off, WWSTW do?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got way too much rolled over holiday to use up and a break between filming projects so have pencilled in 4+ weeks off.

Do I
    A) just ride lots around the Chilterns, Surrey and chill out.
    B) fill the trail bike shaped void in my shed and hit every trail center and national park in the UK.
    C) get and A1 map of Europe and throw darts at it to decide the itinerary till I run out of legs.

(Or D, get some freelance work to pay for the kitchen)

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Do some freelance work and buy a really nice watch?

Stoner
    Free Member

C).
    And why are you still here FFS?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

C).
    And why are you still here FFS?

Still at work for the moment, we’re scheduled to wrap on the 2nd so last day on set probably 7th at this rate.

dove1

I’d go for B and hope for decent weather.

scruff9252

Touring bike
    Tent
    Sunscreen
    Download “Archie’s camping” POI database to your garmin of all European campsites.
    Head to mainland Europe
    Cycle across it, enjoying amazing food & wine

Akers

*Stealth Ad*
    I’ve got a place on a sold out 3 day trip to the Peak District going cheap in the Classifieds, if you’re interested. ;0)

https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/bargain-alert-3-days-guided-riding-trip-in-the-peak-district-100/

Kahurangi

What’s the budget like? Buy a new T5 and trip round Europe or sleeping in the back of the car eating Greggs for dinner?

I’m sure you know enough STW’ers IRL to put together a cheap trip round the UK if you wanted to explore closer to home.

Better weather in Europe though!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s the budget like? Buy a new T5 and trip round Europe or sleeping in the back of the car eating Greggs for dinner?

More ride singlespeed, sleep in bus stops and eat gregs!

Cheezpleez

Well I’d definitely be doing an extended version of the HT550, or similar, taking in Cape Wrath and some islands.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Touring bike
    Tent
    Sunscreen
    Download “Archie’s camping” POI database to your garmin of all European campsites.
    Head to mainland Europe
    Cycle across it, enjoying amazing food & wine

I did that many years ago and it was the single most miserable holiday of my life. It rained every day and there are few things worse than packing down a wet tent, cycling in the rain, then setting up a wet tent in the rain. Couldn’t seem ever to get properly warm, and this was the middle of summer.

JP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I’ve got some time off, WWSTW do?’ is closed to new replies.