Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • i've gone blind – contact lens trouble
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Wore my lenses for 20hrs straight yesterday on a very long ride.
    Woke up this morning and my left eye refuses to focus
    Anyone else had this, and will my vision come back?

chojin
    Free Member

Eye casualty for you.

Good luck!

eruptron
    Free Member

I have no eyedea but you’d probably not see my reply anyway 🙄

muddydwarf
    Free Member

😛

mtbfix

You took them out last night, yes?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I did yes, blurring not as bad now but still not great.

sas
    Free Member

I had that once. After an hour I realised I’d mixed up the left/right lenses.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Currently wearing my specs, only wear lenses when riding nowadays.

marco
    Free Member

Once had lens trouble doing the Mary Townley loop challenge thingy. Very wet day and no eye protection so got grit in my eye. thought a lens had come out.
    Went to optician for a checkup 3 weeks later and he found my lens stuck up behind my eyelid.
    I was nearly sick

rossatease
    Free Member

Wore my lenses for 20hrs straight yesterday on a very long ride.
    Woke up this morning and my left eye refuses to focus
    Anyone else had this, and will my vision come back?

Yes and yes, got very badly ‘snowblinded’ driving down through France one year, always wear shades and don’t over do it in bright light.

I eventually gave them up given half the time i was wearing them I was on snow, or water or riding and had to wear shades anyway.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Get it checked out, had similar trouble and the eye would feel itchy then throb when trying to focus after a few days of trying to man up I was sent to Hereford eye unit and told I had an infection which can result in permenant loss of sight. Now I tend to wear goggles on gopping wet rides which does look daft.

CountZero

I think the eye gets used to focussing with the lenses after such a long period, and takes some time to re-adjust after the lenses have been taken out.
    I’ve heard of a corrective system where you put a hard lens that’s corrected for your eyes in at night and sleep with them in, then take them out in the morning, and your eyes should then have good vision during the day, the cornea having been re-shaped overnight.

ratadog

I think the eye gets used to focussing with the lenses after such a long period, and takes some time to re-adjust after the lenses have been taken out.

This is certainly true for the hard lenses – not sur eif they still have these as abandoned them many years ago.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Are you sure you haven’t put two lenses in by mistake?

T666DOM

As an optician my advice without looking at you face to face is to get any sudden loss of vision checked out ASAP you won’t be ‘snow blinded’ as mentioned above but it could be a variety of problems from totally reversible to permanent sight loss.

Eye casualty

May be over kill but you only get the one set

Once again Eye Casualty

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Will go tomorrow 🙂

epo-aholic
    Free Member

yes you’ll be fine…..suffered snow blindness and the old contact lens round the back of the eye thing. Just make sure you bathe your eye and be gentle with it for a bit as aggravating it further could lead to conjunctivitis (not nice)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘i've gone blind – contact lens trouble’ is closed to new replies.