Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I’ve bought a drone, sorry.
  • prawny

As per title really.

I’ve always liked photography, filming and getting out and about. My eldest asked for a mini fpv drone for his birthday a couple of years ago and I’m we’ve been playing with it in the house (well I have) since we’ve moved to a slightly roomier place, they’re quite fun.

The more expensive ones look a bit easier to fly than the one we’ve got which is 100% manually controlled and the camera on the boy’s is crap unsurprisingly.

So I’ve ordered myself a DJI mini 2. I’ve done the test and got my flyer ID in advance, I’ll register it when it gets here. No point in spending the £9 yet 😂

Any other droners on here? Anyone got any tips? I’m not planning on using it anywhere contentious, I thought it would be fun over the quiet parts of the chase and on holiday in Scotland/Wales

downshep

Santa gave me a Mavic Mini for Crimbo 2019. It’s a great bit of kit for giving a different perspective when recording outdoor activities. Bit of a faff to set up, having to attach the mobile, unfold it and activate the app every time it flies. Can also be a bit antisocial if riding / walking with others as they need to wait 5 mins every time there’s a new view to film. Great battery life, decent footage but vulnerable on gusty days. Best left for fine conditions in scenic areas.

dyna-ti

Well done you 😀 I love them, and always wanted one but alas…. maybe one day eh.

Theres a vid on yt ive been looking for recently but cant find. Its of 2 mates sitting by the fire on the campsite of Loch Etive, and being filmed by what you think is a camera on a tripod, only its a drone which then takes off and films them from above the Loch. It’s really cool the way it takes off like that for the long shot.

zilog6128

Have a Mini, love it, not used it much during lockdown though. Mini 2 looks awesome although actually slightly less functional at the moment as I believe it’s not yet supported by Litchi whereas the Mini is? But hopefully will be in the future!

Yeah you don’t really want to be “drone guy” constantly holding everyone up taking footage no-ones ever going to watch 😂 Good fun though if everyone is out specially with the intention to make a film.

riddoch

If you want it I’ve bought a dji care license from Jessops for a £15 or something. I thought I could use it to extend my existing one but I think it’s for new drones only. If it’s any good to you I’ll forward it on (I think you have to register within 24 of first use)

prawny

Cheers Riddoch, but I’ve bought a refurbished one for budgetary reasons so I wouldn’t be able to use it either.

I can’t wait to get it, although I’m not sure how lucky I’ll get with the weather, we’ll see I suppose. I’m hoping that the litchi compatibility will come, I did originally order an original mini, but then decided to cancel abs stump up the extra for the better wind capabilities.

Just got to wait to be allowed to take it somewhere interesting now, hoping to be able to go to the mid Wales coast over the Easter hols, no doubt it will be blowing a gale, hosing down and packed knowing my luck.

scruff9252

I have been pondering buying a DJI mini since they came out. I suspect this summer will be the year to get one, in time for our first week away in May…

ebikegum

If anyone is interested, I’m selling at the moment a DJI Mavic Mini Fly More Combo – think carry case, drone, controller, 3 x batteries and battery charger and all necessary leads. Only used to record progress on some recent works on the house. Never crashed and in as new condition. Looking for £320.

Message me if you’re interested and I’ll send through some photos.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I’ve bought a drone, sorry.’ is closed to new replies.