Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I’ve been fiddling with artificial genitalia..
  • RustySpanner

…it’s been a very strange, amusing and interesting day.

Nearly died laughing watching
    a young lady make a penis sling out of a small strip of gauze.

Beats working. 🙂

slowoldman

Beats?

aweeshoe
    Free Member

Did it fit?

RustySpanner

I did volunteer, but they’d run out of tweezers and magnifying glasses.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The simulation conferences I used to go to was shared with the medical dummies and bits lot, the geekiest 3d gaming guys were on a stand looking straight up the business end of the birthing simulator, she must have popped out over 100 babies over those few days they never knew were to look

RustySpanner

🙂

It’s amazing. We’ve got a huge training ward set up with all sorts of artificial body parts.

Actually catheterising someone for real for the first time will be slightly less terrifying now…..

And we got to blow up some balloons, which is always fun.

hols2
    Free Member

catheterising someone for real for the first time will be slightly less terrifying now

Please warn patients before doing this. I had an operation under general anaesthetic once, all went well until they took me back to the ward and one of the cute young nurses bent over in front of me and I became painfully aware that some bastard had inserted a catheter while I was unconscious. Really took any fun out of being in hospital.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a huge market of medical bits and dummies, some great stuff out there

grtdkad

LoLs @ HoLs !!

RustySpanner

Please warn patients before doing this.

More than half of today was taken up by how to talk and explain things to people.
    It’s a huge part of our training.
    Life experience helps massively.

That really shouldn’t happen, consent is such a complex topic. Taking the piss is a serious thing.

Believe me, things are changing for the better. Our lecturers are amazing people.

Really took any fun out of being in hospital.

We rely on the appalling food to remove any trace of happiness or enjoyment.
    🙂

Unless you’re on my ward, which is a step down and rehabilitation ward. We have two members of staff who insist on cooking restaurant quality food, despite an appallingly limited budget, with the patients help.
    Part of my job is to sit and eat with them.
    As I said, it’s better than working. 🙂

God, I love this course.

rickmeister

Taking the piss is a serious thing.

Indeed, Ask Hols2…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I’ve been fiddling with artificial genitalia..’ is closed to new replies.