• This topic has 75 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • iv just started riding and im 13 any1 got any ideas on how i can get some cash t
  • jimmy

yeah yeah

Jenga
    Free Member

Mentalalex, hey boy you’re great. That’s the idea. You’ll turn out to be another Alan Sugar. As for the OP, he’s going nowhere.

(That’s an excellent post from a 14 year old – OP take note!)

ton

he must have gone to bed, up for school early.

neilb67
    Free Member

MentalAlex has got a dad with 2 jobs to pay for his sons mountainbiking…. ;-).

grizzlygus
    Free Member

You’ll turn out to be another Alan Sugar.

ffs, give him a break – he seemed like a perfectly nice kid.

Soup
    Free Member

Some fantastic advice given yet again to help out a fellow forum dweller. STW always delivers!

. . . . do you think he’ll come back?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Has anyone said become a dad and claim the benefits?

😉

Only kidding chap! Keep on with the passion for riding, just see what odd jobs you can do, such as washing cars etc to earn a few. How about offer to help out at the local bike shop as well?

baa
    Free Member

Sensible answer: the LBS if there’s one near you, get good deals & meet other riders.
    Non sensible: join the Labour Party,RBS or one of many other banks guaranteed bonuses the only qualification needed is to be incompetent.

tinribz
    Free Member

Window cleaning, that’s where the money is. £5 – £10 a hoose, takes about 5 minutes with the right tools and a bit of skill. And most important it’s repeat business. Then there is the perks 🙂

Get enough clients, you can take on staff and just sit back!

Don’t forget the vineger.

miketually
    Free Member

car washing is a very good way to earn money, I was on nearly a hundred pounds a week on a good week.

*gets bucket*

bruneep

Don’t forget the vineger.

F’kin Amateur

This where it’s at.

100:1 concentrate. Makes 26 gallons. Cleans windows with little effort, extreme glide. Biodegradable, skin friendly and non-toxic.

will
    Free Member

Babysitting i think would be your best bet. Get paid to watch tv

djglover
    Free Member

If you can’t afford a bike you could just stay in and watch hollyoaks with a big tub of your mums nivea.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

big-chief-96

This is what comes of asking for advice on this forum.

😀

big-chief-96
    Free Member

you lot have very….. interesting thoughts but ty for all of ur…… useful advice……

carlphillips
    Free Member

i would start off buying cheap deals from friendly folk on the classifieds and making a killing selling them on e bay.. works for a few people on here… 😉

AndyC
    Free Member

The paper round thing isnt so bad, our son (15) has done one for the last 2 years or so. He does 2 local rounds for £56 a month weekdays only, I admire his ability to get up at 6.30 every morning and because he makes the effort I dont mind helping to keep him sorted in the bike department.
    He gets the best part of an hour or so on his bike before school every day when the streets and street furniture are empty.

A lot of the above are good suggestions too and if your folks see you are prepared to make the effort then who knows.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

im prepared to do the effort but i got into the best grammar scwl in calderdale,(North Halifax Grammar School) and me and my parents rekon that i can manage to do better thn a paper round. i want to start my own buisness but i think i might start as a farmhand first thn set the buisness up but i hope i go on the right traks. i may be only 13 but my personality and apearence are of a 16-17 yr old il even post a pic

big-chief-96
    Free Member

whn iv worked out how……

Gary_M
    Free Member

i may be only 13 but my personality and apearence are of a 16-17 yr old

Clearly that Grammer school is teaching you well. Anyway paper round, washing cars, milk round, etc.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

thnaks all

ill ask round for bits and bobs and hopefully ill get abit of cash

Gary_C

Looks like the grammar school could do with a new english teacher…… 😉

MikeWW
    Free Member

Mentalalex’s Dad here 😀
    Don’t think it matters what Grammar school you got into a jobs a job and money is money
    Alex was working down the pub for a while washing dishes, painting fences, ironing, car washing in fact anything to get some money together. Big plus is that he looks after the stuff he’s got because he knows what went into getting it.I think as soon as you start thinking a job is beneath you you are on a slippy slope
    Now, that doesn’t mean I won’t help him out at times(maybe matching what he has earned) and if I don’t nail my spare bike bits down they seem to get posted on the for sale forum but the point is if you want something work for it-don’t wait around expecting someone to give you it.
    Hope that helps

timber

Farm hand is good if you’re not in town with paper rounds and milk deliveries.
    I cleared shit, milked, demolished stuff, put up fences, pointed barns, made huge fires, harvested and all sorts about one day a week or when I had time for most of the way through secondary school. Had a bit of work in LBS too after school.

All involved a good deal of pissing around and got paid according to the work, not ripped off for being younger. A job done is a job done.

Rich
    Free Member

AndyC, that’s only £14 a week for 2 rounds?

My daughter gets £12 for one round, seems quite good compared.

theotherjonv

slight aside – is recommending s/s for a kid aged 13 or 14 sensible. Aren’t roadie kids limited to gear inches so they don’t **** their growing knees.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Enjoy what you have already got! Ride the bike, don’t abuse it and keep it in good condition.

If you want some cash, get some local jobs; cut grass, clean cars, a paper round.

If you get a pimped up ride, will it be that much better? Will it become more of a target for thieves? Will your mates get jealous and give you hassle?

Be patient. If you love biking you will have many years ahead to buy fancy stuff and when you have got the income to buy this without having to struggle too much.

Enjoy what you have, the road ahead is long!

shinsplints

PMSL @ this thread…

bigrich

my dad (on my 14th birthday): “you getting a paper round then?”

me: “no. why?”

my dad: “I’m stopping your pocket money”

trout
    Free Member

I Had a lad come round and wash my van and the wifes car every sunday
    untill he saved enough for his new bike
    Then never saw him after that cept on his bike

Poindexter
    Free Member

Start collecting all those odd gloves you see in the gutter at the side of the road, stuck on fence posts etc and eventually, you’ll have a good few pairs.
    Start small, selling them on e-bay, and then open a chain of shops. You could offer an exchange service where people swap an old odd glove for another odd glove to match one they’ve had kicking round for ages (nobody likes to throw away a perfectly good odd glove), and you could even offer a ransom reward scheme where people pay you a nominal fee to return an odd glove that they’ve lost.
    There are plenty of other associated revenue scheme – offering mismatched pairs of similarly coloured, but different sized gloves to ‘Beadles’, or single gloves to children’s TV presenters.
    Hell, it could be huge… You could even line-extend into socks…

Hope this helps.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Come on to a teacher then blackmail him when he tries to fiddle with your bits.

Bikes for life.

Rich
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member

slight aside – is recommending s/s for a kid aged 13 or 14 sensible.

We used to ride BMXs as kids didn’t we? Well I did, and everywhere!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Did Brant get pished?

theotherjonv

We used to ride BMXs as kids didn’t we? Well I did, and everywhere!

totally different gearing though isn’t it.

Rich
    Free Member

Can’t you choose your own gearing?

Plus you can always walk up the steepest hills.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘iv just started riding and im 13 any1 got any ideas on how i can get some cash t’ is closed to new replies.